• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, me too. I'm paying 25% per gram what I paid as a kid, for weed that's at least twice (maybe three times) as potent.

Partial legalization has been a godsend for the consumer. I worry a bit about the growers/farmers, though, ever since I watched that damn documentary on Murder Mountain.

Any of you fools ever had a Gelato strain? I've got an ounce of Gelato #53 waiting for me to come pick up on Friday, but I've never tried it before. I'm reading good things about the various Gelato strains, though, and it apparently involved GSC at some point in it's lineage so I'm fucking sold.

Yeah I'd be willing to put money that most these little guys will be starved out of business once it goes federal and banks are in 100%. Going to be predatory capitalism, like starbucks, Walmart, and amazon. The big money will start operating at just above loss, or even at a sustained loss, in order to gain the majority of the market share and starve out their competitors(little guys). People will probably cheer it on because of low prices, the same way with amazon and Walmart, until it become apparent that competition is largely what fosters quality at an affordable rate.. but hopefully enough craft brands are able to stick it out.

Gelato is super hype in CA. It's kind of falling out of vogue for strains like runtz, skittles, London poundcake. Honestly I am not very picky when it comes to strain, so long as it fire genetics grown right.

The farmers and small producers are getting hurt badly (in Canada). The feds license the growers and have made the conditions for getting a growing/selling license so onerous and difficult that it takes 2-3 years to get approved. The feds did specify micro-cultivation; but again, very difficult to get.

So, companies sit on a prospective approval for 2-3 years, finally get approved and then are bought out by a big umbrella corporation. The head company that owns Corona (pisswater) owns 49% of Canopy Growth Corporation in Canada and probably 1/3 of Canada’s legal productive capacity.

It would make much more sense to allow provinces and/or territories to license cultivators since they are the ones that set the rules for sales in their jurisdictions.

And Canadian Consumers are facing shortages at least partially because the big LP’s are finding it more profitable to sell weed overseas rather than the ‘spolied’ domestic market.

Hard to do price comparisons with earlier purchase b/c I used to buy lids for $5 back in the 70’s. No one had scales. Not much cheaper or better than the stuff I was buying in 1988.

Concentrates are the big evolutionary change for me; I much prefer buying a gram a distillate in a sealed syringe over buying a gram of home made ISO oil that is in a bottle cap top. Named strains too.

Tom

I've been experimenting a bit lately with concentrates...bought a gram of wax from a local dispensary. For some reason I've always associated "wax" with dabs/oil*, but this is different...much less viscous, it's in the form of a grey/beige block, soft cheese-like consistency...I've been putting pieces on top of my bowl and melting them down into a dark-brown liquid that runs into the bed of ash, like classic bubblemelt hash.

I've really been enjoying it! It's great to explore cannabis in all its forms (and I've been getting LIT, lol). That was my first time buying a concentrate, will probably get more in the future. I like how it's different from dab oil...reminds me of just some really good bubblemelt hash tbh

*I've probably just been ignorant in regards to my weed terminology though lol

It's easy to use similar terms because most of them actually are subsets of each other.

For example, everyone has heard the term BHO, or even PHO, but it's often referred to as a subset like wax, shatter or sugar even though the name of the product literally has hash oil it (Butane Hash Oil). You aren't wrong for calling wax "hash oil." It's ambiguous at worst, however you are still correct.

I've been having so much fun with these isolated terpenes. I managed to pick up some beta-caryophyllene and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite terpenes. It's spicy and makes me feel good. I'm not sure if the feelings I'm getting from it are placebo so I've got to use it more but it does happen to be the only terpene known to interact with the CB2 receptor.

I also made a small batch of mixed terpenes and left some CBD in the isolated terpenes and the CBD had completely dissolved in only two or three days at room temperature. Easy peasy.

You serious about them selling the dope overseas and not domestic? I don't know much about the recreational market where you're at... as I am not a recreational user of cannabis. It helps keep me away from worse drugs when I smoke it a lot, and keeps me from feeling like I'm crazy.

The system is fucked. I could technically grow 30 plants if I applied for my personal use, but for now I'm happy smoking outdoor from last year. It has been cured and stored so well by my outdoor buddy pro, that it is still somehow fresh or even better. Whoever is still using baggies to store pot, unless it's like quadruple wrapped, and even then as THC adheres to plastic, needs to change imo.

Been smokin on these outdoor hybrids all year. Feel great. I haven't spent a penny of currency, either, instead I have been helping my bud working and I've been smoking way more weed than when I was paying for it. Friends help each other out. I'm on my 5th ounce of the year, haven't spent a penny and it's every bit as good or better than any indoor I smoke. Might not be as potent, but whoever can't appreciate good quality well tended to outdoor I don't understand. I think there is a huge market shortage for it, at least here. I'd rather smoke something that didn't have to mimic the sun and use up a crazy amount of power. Besides, some of these buds legit look like manicured colas of hydro it's just dope!

Your a sav shroomy. I usually quit smoking when I'm having to resort to things like last years lol. I'm def a weed snob tho.

Same man. This outdoor is surprisingly good. It is better than it was at harvest.

Never realized outdoor could even be this good quality, but the dude is an expert. It's gotta be the cure in part but it's a lot of things.

I'm as high from my bong toke this morning 2 hours later as I would be off any indica.

Resorting is bong resin bro... so nasty. Presently, my only reason to quit would be financial.

I refuse to pay the prices they are asking for indoor medicine. I would sooner quit cold turkey. It is practically robbery for those who like to smoke an eighth a day+ and it can get crazy expensive.

Nice to have a few ounces on hand of weed you dig though right. Knowing I am going to be stoned for a while, maybe even have a little extra for a weekend blunt to smoke out.

Last edited:
I've been considering moderating or maybe even (temporarily) quitting smoking weed for a bit. Not for any sort of financial reason...weed where I live is fairly inexpensive & I can afford my vice. No, I find that it impairs my concentration too much, and causes me to overlook things/make mistakes. In college whenever I'd attend a math class after getting high I'd do terrible lol

Now that I'm in sight of graduating (only 20 credits left!) I kinda just want to complete my academic project as expeditiously as possible, and to the best of my ability, and I feel like sometimes weed interferes with that. I still get good grades but sometimes I'll turn something in a day late or overlook something I was supposed to do for my group work, stuff like that. But that's just been my experience. And I still smoke weed, hell I smoked some earlier today! I love weed. The concentrates I've been sampling lately (like the wax) have been awesome, such a great cerebral stimulant-esque buzz. It just makes me so scatterbrained though!

Other than weed this is the most sober I've been for the past 5+ years. Lol. In the past I was a lazy student who wouldn't think twice about smoking weed or consuming a laundry list of other drugs during a weekday, but I kinda grew disillusioned with that lifestyle. I moved to a new town to complete my academic program and cut everything out of my life except for weed. Weed has been the source of countless joy for me, too many good times to count...I'd aways swear that I'd never voluntarily stop smoking weed, as the negative impacts of the drug were greatly outweighed by the enjoyment I derived from it. But perhaps that calculation has changed in my life, IDK. Perhaps it's just a matter of scheduling your smokebreaks so as not to interfere with your "important shit", maybe that's simple the discipline I need to learn/develop. I figure that I'll either find a way to integrate it into my life or pump the brakes for a bit.

20 credits is pretty close, Offerings! Congrats! 5 plus years clean of the other stuff is also something to be proud of. I'm at 5 and half years myself off the hard drugs.

My weed use is 1/20th or less than what is was only two years ago, and I did most if not all of that reduction while living in practically free weed Colorado. Honestly, it was hard getting my use reduced to what is now, not gonna lie. Leaving the country for a short while was a huge motivator for me, but when I returned to Colorado I was able to show restraint. That was a first for me. It made it possible for me to move out of Colorado without losing my mind. Now, I'm able to enjoy small doses or even no doses. God I love weed.

what state shroomy? It's super cheap on the street right now in CA but crazy prices at most shops.

Burnt Offferings, that sounds like a good plan dude. Yeah, evaluate your weed use, I recently changed my plans regarding this to just smoking the weed and not dwelling on it or holding it in my mind. Smoke the weed when I do, and I find I am becoming less reliant at least mentally. Physically I am most definitely downright addicted. I cannot eat food or sleep without weed and the only time I ever make sense is when I'm stoned. Was never like that before I smoked a shit ton of weed all day every day and it's a recurring pattern when I quit, with the worst drug cravings I experience out of any drug I have used. It isn't just the smoking aspect although that is part of it. Anyways, weed is fuckin awesome it needs to be respected though... still have to smoke multiple times daily if I am this messed up without it. Not more than is necessary, though. I can't imagine my life without it, would be such a downer if weed just like disappeared. Lame.

The physical dependency is irrelevant, it's not like I'm ever not stoned anyway. Been stoned non stop since two September's ago. Longest I go is like, the morning sometimes. Yeah though, it is sort of surprising, and has been going on for 15 years so I get it by now. Throughout the years so much has changed, but whenever I quit blazing hard I get the same horrible symptoms for 2 weeks to a month and don't feel right for 6 months. I quit for 3 years once, after those 6 months I just wasn't a stoner anymore. It sucked, but was worth experiencing cause now I am happier being a doper.

Last edited:
Been rippin bong all morning... since like 6am. Nice to have enough pot to smoke it this way, lotsa time I'm scrounging for a lil toke.

Got out of bed, ripped a fat bowl and now back in bed lol.

I got some Sour Diesel, labeled "East Coast Sour Diesel". It's fire and for the price it better have been.

NSFW:
image0.jpg

Having a mellow day myself. DD'ed for my wife, sister-in-law and wife's best friend to a concert last night, which just left me exhausted in the end because the area I live in is just so large and spread out and traffic ridden. Just hanging out ripping some bowls today.

In other news my tolerance returned frustratingly quickly, considering my extended break from cannabis.

Yea, I slept for like 18 hours. Woke up about halfway through, I think one puff was all it took. Hard to remember. Woke up in a daze, took forever to get going today.

I am staying up all night now though, totally don't want to, but I totally want some fire canna-coconut oil. I have made some adjustments this time, that I think will result in a better product. Took half my outdoor away the kindest nugs, and used the other half to make what should be a potent batch of thc infused coconut oil. Can't wait to try the stuff that is why I am staying up all night I suppose. Gotta get er done my lungs really need a break way more than my brain.

I prefer weed not legal personally I mean its not very cool to smoke it if its legal I doubt it would ever be legal here in Britain though.

Found a good deal on a small recycler so I'm probably gonna pick one up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.