• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's translucent and colorless with a tiny amber/gold hint. Compared to lots of other sour diesel extracts and flowers I've had it's really good. That stuff sells quick and is out of stock allot though.

Also dabbed a tiny bit of sd shatter which has a really nice rich flavor. Weird how we can get this stuff legally in my state but not buds.
well I kind of get the reasoning that they only supply concentrates specifically for vaping instead of flower which will be smoked, if it is for medicinal purposes.

I mean it's just kinda ironic since some more liberal state have tried to ban concentrates and view them as dangerous while mine is a very conservative one I never expected would get any form of mmj.

I haven't had Delta-8 THC in any significant quantity but it sounds super interesting.

It is naturally derived from the plant, but it doesn't naturally grow in significant percentages so concentrates are necessary if one is to ever experience them. Flower-only users will never get to experience that type of high or medicinal relief.

I have a feeling this will be the case for the other 60+ or so cannabinoids left to BEGIN studying. Concentrates are necessary if we are to move forward with cannabis research.

It's translucent and colorless with a tiny amber/gold hint. Compared to lots of other sour diesel extracts and flowers I've had it's really good. That stuff sells quick and is out of stock allot though.
That's super cool and exactly what I had heard too. I know of one company that makes small runs, but they only seem to sell it at events.

Delta-8 THC did peak my interest.

THCV does most of all. I would love to try a plant high in THCV. I wonder if that is possible.

Smoking on some Afghan Kush, reading Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. Got some sage oil going in the diffuser, clears on the lungs after a toke and is a nice stimulant. Room smells like pine forest it's just great when I'm stoned. Just need to get some candles and get high by the candlelight.

Delta-8 THC did peak my interest.

THCV does most of all. I would love to try a plant high in THCV. I wonder if that is possible.

Smoking on some Afghan Kush, reading Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. Got some sage oil going in the diffuser, clears on the lungs after a toke and is a nice stimulant. Room smells like pine forest it's just great when I'm stoned. Just need to get some candles and get high by the candlelight.

Dutch Treat, Jack Herer, and Durban Poison are very common strains that are generally high in THCV. There's no noticeable difference as far as my experience goes. Most high THCV strains are sativas, if there was any truth to the complete myth that sativas are energizing and indicas are sedating, THCV could be a component of that. Unfortunately the war on drugs has set science on this plant back 50 years and counting, so who the fuck knows what THCV does in the amounts it's found in plants...

Would you guys prefer your bud on the dry-side or the moist-side?

A buddy of mine came out from Colorado and says all the weed there is pretty dry and "crumbles" when taken apart by finger. He felt the weed here was too moist and actually left his jars open and within a day you could feel the difference in moisture. We had the same strains, but when you grabbed his you could immediately feel the difference and you could easily crush a bud into a bowl with just two fingers.

I can't help but think of the terpenes lost, but he seemed to enjoy it more that way. Any thoughts?

I picked up a very similar 2 finger technique in Colorado, it's interesting you mention that. However, it's not really so much a "crush" as it is a "roll" using the fingers. The right kind of dry isn't always obvious, but the terp loss is minimal. Also, what is lost in water weight is made up for in THC, meaning the bags in CO are naturally "fatter" because of this difference in humidity.

The type of dry that is good won't turn to powder/dust, but it will roll and break into smaller bowl-size nugs that are slightly too large for a joint and big enough to hold together the kief but absolutely perfect for bowls sans grinder. It became my preferred method that I still use today.

Would you guys prefer your bud on the dry-side or the moist-side?

A buddy of mine came out from Colorado and says all the weed there is pretty dry and "crumbles" when taken apart by finger. He felt the weed here was too moist and actually left his jars open and within a day you could feel the difference in moisture. We had the same strains, but when you grabbed his you could immediately feel the difference and you could easily crush a bud into a bowl with just two fingers.

I can't help but think of the terpenes lost, but he seemed to enjoy it more that way. Any thoughts?

Dry weed is way better. The wet shit gets stuck in a grinder. There are bad cures that are wetter and bad cures that are drier though. I've actually had shit cured so badly that it was harsh to vaporize... Imagine that

^I can believe it. It seems anything too dry or too moist is very harsh.

and w01fg4ng you described the technique perfectly it's a "roll" and it is very easy.

I want to hear the sticks CRACK! when I break them but the actual buds not so dry, I don't want to be able to crumble them by hand.

I've noticed that about the weed in CO - I agree that it makes it much easier to handle, and it doesn't clog my pipes as much.

Etizolam / xanax withdrawal can make ya disappear like that.

I have been thoroughly tortured. My brain feels broken. Kush played a role in keeping me alive, got some CBD / THC 1:! about 15% total on the way, and some OG Kush of course! Can't go wrong with the OG.

Can definitely go wrong with those benzos.

^I was wondering where you were, glad to see your back and hope you're doing better.

Some OG kush sounds dank! Enjoy!

Yeah and it's a strain my guy doesn't normally grow, really nice stuff I bet. This weed is so good, my supplier, it is like alien weed every time. Unbelievable top grade and they never have OG so I'm psyched. Can't wait to try ~ 1:1 CBD weed too, forget the strain name. I have only had sublingual CBD oil. I don't really like oils though. Ripping bong is more fun.

I am so so so excited to try high CBD weed for the first time. I fiended CBD oil for benzo withdrawal and what I have been going through is a living hell and I ain't got no CBD yet, but some to smoke soon with the OG. So psyched cause I know how good their stuff is.

I think it is one by the CBD Crew. That you guys in Cali? Maybe not, I pretty much have dementia. The genetics looked dope, though, the cross. And yeah, can't go wrong with top grade OG Kush either from these homies out west.

I have to pretty much commit myself to a hospital psychiatric unit this week. Got in over my head with the benzos and it has been going on for years. Appointments booked and all, my behaviour has become too erratic and at one point I was taking 12 bars a day. I got down to 4 abruptly and after 2 weeks fuckin lost it. Mind cracked getting help now before it gets any worse. Switched back to etizolam seems better for me at least for now. Every time I touch the f*cking xanax I screw myself over in a serious way.

Last edited:
I might be quitting weed indefinitely here... I just repeatedly find myself hopeless depressed and borderline psychotic when I'm getting high daily.

All I know is I'm quitting at least fairly long term. Whether that's a couple months or several years, I don't know. I'll still hang around here because I'm not giving up the CBD flower.

I tell myself that every day. Grabbing a half ounce of some OG Kush and a CBD strain soon. Can't wait to smoke that shit it's very good quality. Besides, I take so many benzos one day I am going to disappear. May as well enjoy the pot while I'm here.

Feeling good on day 3 of sobriety. I know it's not much of an achievement but it's good for me. Last time I took more than 2 days off was September.

Day 3 of probably 100+. Potentially hundreds... like I said I'm just feeling my way as I go. I'm setting a mandatory minimum of a month for myself but it'd probably do me better to go multiple months. Easy way to pass a pre-employment drug screen too, since I'm looking for a new job. CBD flower is helping me get through this. I'm going to try to cut back on that eventually too, even, some of my flower is 14% CBD 0.6% THC, and some is 15% CBD 1% THC, IMO 1% THC is dangerously close to cheating on my break. If I fucked up a big bowl of it in my vaporizer I think some THC effects would present themselves.

Heyyyyy CD has new mods! Congrats y'all :)

I might be quitting weed indefinitely here... I just repeatedly find myself hopeless depressed and borderline psychotic when I'm getting high daily.

All I know is I'm quitting at least fairly long term. Whether that's a couple months or several years, I don't know. I'll still hang around here because I'm not giving up the CBD flower.

I just got off a two week break and I felt even less motivated in that period, being deprived of my nightly unwind ritual. Maybe I'm an outlier but cannabis has only ever offered a helping hand and made my life easier. It has never been a negative unless I've been abusing it, but after the honeymoon period I just naturally trended towards only vaping a bit at night because being sober to make the optimal use of the rest of my time is just as important to me as having that ritual chill time.

I sincerely don't believe anyone can solve their problems by deciding to quit herb because those problems are likely still there regardless and more likely the drug abuse if a consequence of those problems rather than a cause of them.

I tell myself that every day. Grabbing a half ounce of some OG Kush and a CBD strain soon. Can't wait to smoke that shit it's very good quality. Besides, I take so many benzos one day I am going to disappear. May as well enjoy the pot while I'm here.

Benzos make your memory disappear, they don't make YOU disappear! I honestly haven't met a single person who has had a positive experience from long-term benzo use, may as well just wind back the clock to barbiturates...?

Status
Not open for further replies.