• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

Learning to cope without drugs is hard, but if we have a full heart and things to look forward to it makes it easier.

Right on! I was thinking that this might be helpful for you in encountering methampehtamine cravings. We're here for you, too. 12 months clean of meth and your brain does a lot of reparation. You can, nuerologically speaking, heal yourself largely through abstinence.

I'm in a pretty bad place right now (physically, though one can lead to another), so meth is the only thing that I really look forward to. I need to change that.. Been at this shelter for 14 months. Can't get a job with a felony on my record. No options for housing. No romantic relationships since college (3 years ago). Nothing to do during the day except go online and walk. I do love to walk, and it helps. And my mood is stable.

Thanks for saying you're here for me too.

I'm in a pretty bad place right now (physically, though one can lead to another), so meth is the only thing that I really look forward to. I need to change that.. Been at this shelter for 14 months. Can't get a job with a felony on my record. No options for housing. No romantic relationships since college (3 years ago). Nothing to do during the day except go online and walk. I do love to walk, and it helps. And my mood is stable.

Thanks for saying you're here for me too.

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time right now. :/ have you tried seeing if your state has any facilities/programs to aid people with felonies to find employment by any chance?

I only ask because my grandmother in Texas before she retried worked for some state funded office that specialized/was specifically for finding felons and people with disabilities jobs. Not just contract/temp work, though those were also options.

No worries, my mood is surprisingly good, which I value a lot more than my living situations. When I worked at the bank I was a lot more unhappy than I am now.

That sounds like an awesome program.. I've applied to many companies on a list of "jobs for felons" I found online, got interviews with most all of them based on my work experience, but got turned down after the background check every time. Really frustrating. Maybe because it was a violent crime and I have two unrelated misdemeanors, showing that I am fairly.. multiskilled in my antisocial behaviors.

I think about getting alcohol every morning. I was just pointing out that even when I wake up after a (seemingly) near death experience, my first thought is how can I do more damage to myself.
I hear that. I used to have down to a science which convenience stores were in the city (sales starting at 7am) and which were in the county (9am). I'd be in the parking lot at 6:55 just waiting for the clock to hit 7. And I had little shame asking the clerk to unlock the beer/wine cooler.

i am a veteran who lives alone with his dog. there is no family, very little in the way of contact with friends. if not for psychiatry, i would never have gone to prison (twice). a judge labelled me "dangerous" - i guess you *could* see me that way, if you wanted too... but truth be known (and even local law-enforcement have told me this), the way things are 'in the hood' these days, im the kinda guy you would want hanging around if the shit went down. i dont drink, but have my thrice-daily dose of weed. any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm being forced to gain weight and i need lots of hugs, classified information, and about 200$. 140 at least. TOO MUCH WEIGHT. JUST TO BOTHER ME. PRETENDING I AM BONES. thank you.

be a better 'dad' to my dog. what do you think? (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

I think that's a reasonable goal, regardless of where you put your tounge ;)

What type of dog you got?

I'm being forced to gain weight and i need lots of hugs, classified information, and about 200$. 140 at least. TOO MUCH WEIGHT. JUST TO BOTHER ME. PRETENDING I AM BONES. thank you.

(((hugs)))

the best guard dog on the planet. otherwise known as a Chihuahua. cops fukn hate him. cos they know if they want me, they cant get anywhere near sans me knowin about it. those ears arent just for the cuteness.

now if you could get 30 more chihuahua's you could have a viscous pack of land roving piranhas.

eat you from the ankles up and leave no trace.

cute when it's just one by itself, deadly when in packs.

I want to starve and display quite a large amount of anger somewhat physically but will not do that.

Will have cigarettes in....three to four hours. I forget what else i'm supposed to care about besides shiny things.

Every time i hear a siren i hope the car flops over.

Haha ha ha ha ha.

No i didn't FEEL like sleeping.

Felt almost manic last night.

Seem to have calmed down today, but sort of still edgy in how I communicate with people IRL.

Felt almost manic last night.

Seem to have calmed down today, but sort of still edgy in how I communicate with people IRL.

HUGS*

The edginess/irritability makes me distance myself from people. There are times I feel like snapping on people, like being short with them, family usually. That's when I stay in my room so that I don't yell at anyone. haha

I woke up feeling at peace for some reason. That's good. When my family wakes up, that might change...

Another good thing is I feel open to hearing sermons today. I hadn't been in the mood to hear them in a while because I was so down. I was tired of hearing upbeat things when I felt like crap. It's all positive stuff, like God promises a future and a hope, "The path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter", but my illness kept telling me my future is bleak and shitty, what's the point?
So I'm still trying to overcome the negativity. It's not easy when you're used to a life of being different from others and facing challenges they could never understand unless they actually go through it.

Things are looking up at least.

CTC, I think that's actually amazing. Doing what one can, barring negative coping mechanisms, to not create adversity, is a skill I wish I had several years ago. It's a skill that takes practice and prudence!

The few moments after waking up and up to going to sleep, maybe 15-30 minutes, always reveals to me how I truly feel about myself.

I think that's a very legitimate response to religion. I also think that stigma (meant or not) and the label make people think too often that they can't live regular, even amazing, lives.

This might sound trite, but there are loads of people who feel the same way as you. Me, for one. I can't imagine anyone experiencing close to the measure of the pain that I sometimes have to deal with (psychologically). We're here for you<3

CTC, I think that's actually amazing. Doing what one can, barring negative coping mechanisms, to not create adversity, is a skill I wish I had several years ago. It's a skill that takes practice and prudence!

The few moments after waking up and up to going to sleep, maybe 15-30 minutes, always reveals to me how I truly feel about myself.

I think that's a very legitimate response to religion. I also think that stigma (meant or not) and the label make people think too often that they can't live regular, even amazing, lives.

This might sound trite, but there are loads of people who feel the same way as you. Me, for one. I can't imagine anyone experiencing close to the measure of the pain that I sometimes have to deal with (psychologically). We're here for you<3

Awww thank you! I believe the spiritual world is real and those of us with mental illness have to fight especially hard against negative forces trying to stop us. We're in this together.
All of us have a purpose and we're more valuable than we can imagine! <3

It's not easy when you're used to a life of being different from others and facing challenges they could never understand unless they actually go through it.

Things are looking up at least.

IDK what to say but definitely positivity is one of my more prioritized states of mind. If you can be like that, things will be better.

Easier said than done on second thought but it takes baby steps.

IDK what to say but definitely positivity is one of my more prioritized states of mind. If you can be like that, things will be better.

Easier said than done on second thought but it takes baby steps.

Have you ever read "The Power" by Rhonda Byrne? It will keep your mind going in a positive direction. I hope you check it out.
I had the book, but I will get the audiobook soon.