• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mst continus 100mg morphine

benzocrooksy

Greenlighter
I have a box of 100mg continus mst. i have read the leaflet and it clearly states

MST Continus tablets are designed to
work properly over 12 hours when
swallowed whole. If a tablet is broken,
crushed or chewed, the entire 12‑hour
dose may be absorbed rapidly into
your body. This can be dangerous,
causing serious problems such as an
overdose, which may be fatal.
You must only take the tablets by
mouth. The tablets should never be
crushed or injected as this may lead to
serious side effects, which may be fatal.

my question to anyone with any experience is this, realistically if i was to crush up a tablet and snort say half of it would the effects really be that deadly. obviiuosly it is designhed to slowly release over 12 hours so is it worth the risk for the high or not?

thanks in advance

No you are not in any real danger of overdose. Half of one is 50mg and if you snort it the BA is like 10% so you would have 5mg active in your system. That's not enough to kill someone. Id really recommend just eating the pill

Yep, morphine has pretty shitty bioavailability, oral is definitely the way to go.

kinda sucks ive taken 1 tablet orrally and i know it has uses medically but i feel no recreational high

Yeah morphine can be pretty underwhelming, I personally enjoy it more than most other opioids, but most don't share that preference.

Morphine orally is generally not recreational for some reason, the oral bioavailability is only ~30% but even with an extended release tablet swallowed you should still feel something comparable to 10mg i.v.'ed without the rush. I have never taken morphine orally except for a couple of times during withdrawal maybe so I can't say from my own experience if it's really that underwhelming even if you take bioavailability into consideration. Codeine orally does work if high tolerance or lack of enzyme is not a problem, so why morphine wouldn't? Anyway, for an opioid-naive person 10-20mg i.v. morphine is a good starting dose. If you want to get something off these pills, I suggest taking them rectally at 10mg as rectal bioavailability is very high.

With all that being said, as a person dependent on opioids for 15 years in total, I say the high is not worth the risk of addiction and its consequences. Opioid addiction is one of the worst things that can happen in life for anyone comparable to having trauma from war or losing a loved one, the pain of withdrawal is hard to put into words. Recovery is very hard, often impossible for many. I say this because once you start taking an opioid, you lose perspective very quickly and taking another dose seems more reasonable than stopping before it's too late.

I gotta agree with bptubbs. MS Contin just so happens to be my drug of choice and oral is really the only way to go with these. If you try to cook it, it will gel up. Also, its very difficult (if not impossible) to break it down to a powder fine enough to snort. I hate to break it to you, but taking them orally is your best option. I get the 60mg tablets and have been taking them daily for nearly a decade, so I have a pretty good idea how these in particular work. At recreational doses, I've swallowed up to 300mg at once and it makes me feel awesome for a day or so, but I would never advise anyone to do the same. Not everyone has that kind of tolerance and it goes without saying that such a veteran dose could result in an overdose. Be safe and best wishes.