• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Alcohol-like

clubcard

Bluelighter
It's no surprise that QH-II-66 is subjectively like alcohol but I'm interested to know if anyone has experienced the following to see if they are also alcohol-like

-Etchlorvynol
-Ethinamate
-Hexapropymate
-Methylpentynol
-Clocental
-Centalun

A VERY na?ve logic in that a terminal alkyne is present with a hydroxyl or carbamate ester of the hydroxyl. I DID discover that etchlorvynol binds at the benzodiazepine site(s) as does it's carbamate but I don't know if it's at all selective. I DID try 2-methylbutan-2-yl carbamate and that WAS very alcohol-like and being a lot more potent meant that a dose fits into a couple of gel-caps. Things like clomethiazole & it's oxazole analogue do stop alcohol cravings and certainly are downers but they aren't like alcohol.

Did you intend for this thread to go in N&PD rather than here?

Think this might need moving chaps ;)

im interested in alcohol like substances because im sick of binging on those stupid bottles. pissing and shitting yourself from too much is annoying. so CFC either contribute or dont post at all

Not tried ethinimate but I have tried plain 1-ethynylcyclohexanol and other alcohols like n-propanol, etc. 1 ethynyl is like a barbituate/GHB like. Every other alcohol I tried was superior to ethanol. Some of them work similarly to ethanol and others work on barbituate receptor sites or other GABA sites.

But in terms of safety research and longevity of use, you can otherwise play the guinea pig.

Have tried 2-methyl-2-butanol. Far superior to ethanol, potency means it's dosed like one would GBL, in the ml range, so no nasty burning in the throat. Cleaner than EtOH too, being a tertiary alcohol means that it is far more resistant to oxidative metabolism into nasty aldehyde or ketonic metabolites. Aldehydes seem to be very hard on the body in general, and acetaldehyde from EtOH metabolism is responsible for a lot of the horrid hangoer effects.

You've tried the oxazole homologue of chlormethiazole clubcard? what was it like? you've caught my interest now. What about the oxazole homologue of bromethiazole? might be worth a go too.

2-methyl-2-butanol tastes terrible. It's carbamate ester is a solid soluble in water so something you can really use as an alcohol alternative.

Check out ALL of the old hypnotics with a quaternary alcohol - the carbamates are ALL much more potent. The question is - is onset as fast as ethanol. 2M2B carbamate is a water-soluble solid with little to no taste. If it's onset is as fast as ethanol then it is a possible alternative.

how the hell do you guys have access to those novel alcohols anyway. honest to god, dealing with ethanol for so many years, i wanna get the fuck out of this chain. but all those substances you talk about, are forbidden to the common folk and he is to suffer. anyway, not looking for sources, just commenting on this

^ if you can?t buy them, make them,
if you can?t make them, buy them.

If you can't buy them, have them made in another country and tested in a 3rd.

Use Reaxys and through the journals & patents referenced.

so, possibility of finding those alcohol like substances is near impossible. im not going to ask a company to make them specifically for me lol

uh yeah ok. unless you send msg with more explaination, im really confused here

Their chemicals that for the most part don't require anything but money too buy. Some of them do. Some in the OP won't be found and some need licensing. You can buy 2-Methyl-2-Butanol on one of the most popular big sales sites online. It's like a river...;)

Well I wouldn't be pointing out sources but I have noted that it seems like on-line suppliers are sailing close to the wind. Certainly tert-amyl carbamate was offered by one of the UKs biggest solvent suppliers. These guys sell those 1000l cubes of solvents to seemingly anyone so it looks like the market is ignoring the PSA law. A couple of decades ago I saw people buying 1000l of GBL for basic hydrolysis and considered that MANY solvents are dual use, how on earth can anyone police such a huge industry? Madness.

Of course it's going to be bat shit mental. What else do you expect from a pack of bloody drug war fanatic inbred cretins?

Its politicians competing to climb the greasy pole ever higher than the rest of their half-wit, self-serving hypocrite rivals, and to compete on how deep they can insert their heads into their own small intestines..you can't really hope for anything BUT stupid fucking horse shit, lies and hypocrisy.

And as for solvents, well they can't really practically ban every solvent which could have psychoactive effects. Not to imply its a good idea, but pretty much most of them could be put to such use. They certainly couldn't enforce a ban on ether, chloroform etc. because they have such vast industrial, scientific and clandestine chemistry applications.

Their chemicals that for the most part don't require anything but money too buy. Some of them do. Some in the OP won't be found and some need licensing. You can buy 2-Methyl-2-Butanol on one of the most popular big sales sites online. It's like a river...;)

I'd had around a liter of 2-Methyl-2-Butanol years ago, stuff tastes horrid. Used oral syringe to measure 7mls and then mixed it up with juice. The feeling was nice similar to a benzo/alcohol combination. They also have Diethyl Ether...

I remember getting a pretty rough hangover from 2M2B
Only used it a handful of times, mostly out of curiosity. Had a number of pure benzo powders at the time and stuck with those.

Last edited:
Of course it's going to be bat shit mental. What else do you expect from a pack of bloody drug war fanatic inbred cretins?

Its politicians competing to climb the greasy pole ever higher than the rest of their half-wit, self-serving hypocrite rivals, and to compete on how deep they can insert their heads into their own small intestines..you can't really hope for anything BUT stupid fucking horse shit, lies and hypocrisy.

And as for solvents, well they can't really practically ban every solvent which could have psychoactive effects. Not to imply its a good idea, but pretty much most of them could be put to such use. They certainly couldn't enforce a ban on ether, chloroform etc. because they have such vast industrial, scientific and clandestine chemistry applications.

And you can also get high off nitrogen gas if you can produce controlled elevated-pressure conditions...

Those storms of insults are very similar to my own sense of humor, except that I wouldn't use the word "cretin" as such because it's something that affects the poorest people in the world and is never someone's own fault.

I remember getting a pretty rough hangover from 2M2B
Only used it a handful of times, mostly out of curiosity. Had a number of pure benzo powders at the time and stuck with those.

Very true - that's why I pointed out that one of Europe's biggest bulk-solvent businesses are offering 2-methylbutan-2-yl carbamate in single Kg units. For everything else, you have to order 1000l cubes or even tankers of their product but this one item is different. A nice 1l bottle with the full REACH data-set with, ironically, toxicity marked as 4. I don't think that this would be considered a STRONG defence if they were taken to task in a European court but it would be interesting to watch. I wonder what they pretend it's for?

Before the barbiturates, no work was carried out on how sedative/hypnotics worked so we simply don't know why their is a huge number of low MW (usually under 100) agents with the 3 moieties relied on until the 1940s.

1-Tertiary hydroxyl (or carbamate ester of same)
2-Terminal Ethynyl group
3-Terminal (Pseudo)halide

What are emylcamate, ethinamate, hexapropymate & procymate if not 2m2B carbamate structural (many even positional) isomers? The addition of a halide is both a chemical and biological puzzle since at the time, -F wasn't available in (relatively) safe formats and -Cl (and even worse -Br) are alkylating agents. Ethchlorvynol & Climethiazole both have electron-withdrawing functions (although the latter is suspect) but their are innumerable patents for sedatives & hypnotics that got no further than the then somewhat cursory animal trials before being dumped because they alkylated the poor things to death. Many of the later barbiturates also incorporated those three moieties but you can see how they shied away from terminal halides. Lessons learned, I presume.

The web is literally heaving with unlikely vendors of 590-60-3 who seem to lack even the most na?ve self consciousness but it's been going on for the last 6 years to my knowledge so I don't know if it's overlooked, has some valid use I haven't divined or is tacitly accepted on the basis that in practice it's impossible to prevent the trade and if pursued, vendors (who don't sell RCs I note) DO think that they aren't breaking the law.