• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subutex 8 days.Methadone today and 2morro AM. Can I take Suboxone 2morro night?

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Thanks! Doctor turned out to be a sexy, but insensitive person. Didn't follow through on gettin my script in to another pharmacy after first one was out of suboxone. It was the day from hell, driving to this pharmacy, that one, then realizing it wasn't gonna happen today, so I went home and tok a few methadone pills I have leftover. Will I get sick from suboxone tomorrow afternoon/evening? Thanks, this was an anxiety attack day until I gave up and took the leftover methadone, then I settled down, but I'm shook.

Methadone has a long half life and duration of action. Personally I'd wait as long as possible before inducting back on Suboxone. If you don't have a choice you could try something like this:

From this, we developed the following hypotheses: 1) Repetitive administration of very small buprenorphine doses with sufficient dosing intervals (eg, 12 hours) should not precipitate opioid withdrawal. 2) Because of the long receptor binding time, buprenorphine will accumulate at the receptor. 3) Over time, an increasing amount of a full ?-agonist will be replaced by buprenorphine at the opioid receptor.

Use of microdoses for induction of buprenorphine treatment with overlapping full opioid agonist use: the Bernese method

Methadone has a long half life and duration of action. Personally I'd wait as long as possible before inducting back on Suboxone. If you don't have a choice you could try something like this:

Use of microdoses for induction of buprenorphine treatment with overlapping full opioid agonist use: the Bernese method
Thanks! I'm not gonna take any methadone today. They got my script for Sub! Since there is surely still sub on my receptors (last dose was yesterday 1 mg at lunch), I am hoping that there will be no problem. Sounds promising? I will take tiny doses today and see if I can't do this. I will read up on the Bernese method :)--------------(10 minutes later) Looks like I'm good to go. I will break my 2 mg Sub pills into tiny pieces and take about .2 mg today to see how that is tolerated. ----------p.s. I recently was inducted to Sub by ending methadone, putting on a fent patch 24 hours later, wearing that for 2 days, then removing that and immediately dosing 1 mg subutex. I felt an ache in my stomach, but not too bad, so it looks like going from fent to bupe can be very painless. My theory is that fent has higher affinity, so bupe can not cause precipitated WD, even with direct fent to bupe switch. Correct me if you disagree :)
p.p.s My copay is only 5$!!! Suboxone over Subutex any day of the week :)(cuz subutex my insurance won't even cover a nickel)

Last edited:
You're a lucky one! cause we had an ex moderator that couldn't induct on 2mg of Sub after almost 2 1/2 days of WD. He had been using large quantities of Fent patches but his sub doc said that the short half life would make it a smooth & easy transition. He tried 4 or 5 separate times and after 16 hours with subs, had to go back to Fent to keep from ending up in the ER.

He went to 26+ on the COWS scale, used Zofran (odansetron), clonidine, benzos, gabapentin/ lyrica, you name it. He finally made the transition with little nibbles over time which is what made me find this "Bernese Method" as I've never heard of a trans that rough before except with methadone.

It's a breeze to take a full agonist while subs are in your system (esp Fent w/ a higher binding affinity), but the other way around leaves people wishing for death for several hours.

I'm stoked you had it fairly easy and your plan worked well, though it's tough to put a one size fits all induction on different people like most Sub Docs do. Hope it really helps you and congratulations sir.

You're a lucky one! It's a breeze to take a full agonist while subs are in your system.
Lets hope that 1 mg yesterday (and the 6mg a day for the week before yesterday) is enough to still be on my receptors after methadone last night and 5mg this morning, cuz I just put 1 mg under my tongue,lol. Otherwise I'll see you in hell boys :)

What happened to the nibble approach? Not that it matters now, but def report back for posterity and science and all that. If you do hit PWD it seems to be the consensus that you have to keep eating subs to finally get out... unless you're sitting on a stash of Sublimaze or Lazanda.

and just so no one gets the wrong idea..

Jekyl said:
"It's a breeze to take a full agonist while subs are already in your system, but the other way around leaves people wishing for death for several hours."

What happened to the nibble approach? Not that it matters now, but def report back for posterity and science and all that. If you do hit PWD it seems to be the consensus that you have to keep eating subs to finally get out... unless you're sitting on a stash of Sublimaze or Lazanda.

and just so no one gets the wrong idea..
Lol, I was fine :) Popped a mg and Jesus Christ Suboxone is 3 times stronger than Subutex ffs!

How's that? They both contain the same thing minus the Naloxone in Subutex..
idk, i think the generic sub is made from a substance that was definitely made for insufflation. Crushes to powder immediately and gets into your bloodstream much faster it seems.