• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

@sddewaele sounds like obsessive thinking. If you don't have promenent symptoms all your issues are probably coming from talking yourself into stuff.

Relax, and mind to tell us how you've defeated the dpdr? That's quite the achievement!

@sddewaele Hey, doesn?t sound like LTC to me! I can?t imagine damage occurring from such a small dose. When I got LTC I took a huge dose, and I definitely didn?t question whether I actually took any. I was rolling so hard I could hardly speak and kept going in and out of consciousness.

I won?t tell you what symptoms I had when it started as it sounds like you will obsess over them, but from someone who has suffered from LTC for 10 months so far it definitely sounds like you are just anxious

Does anyone know why 5htp might have had a negative effect on me? I tried it for a few days last month and it brought on brain fog, anxiety, cognitive impairment...

Could it be that because of damaged axons etc the newly produced serotonin was unable to be used leaving it floating around?

I'm having a serious hypothesis about what could be wrong with us, yesterday I've had horrible brain fog, but was sick too so decided to take ibuprofen and felt better immediately, all together with the brain fog. This is not a single case, it happen before, but I've ignored it.

Now Ibuprofen has anti inflammatory properties, this is one of the little mechanisms we know how it works. That's great, so if we have brain inflammation that will explain its positive effects. With further research I've found out that our Blood-Brain Barrier structure could become leaky, not being capable to filter good enough all the toxins and molecules reaching our brain. Found some research backing up this theory. (that could explain the extra damage caused from potential mercury poisoning)

Summary of the preclinical and clinical literature on MDMA-induced BBB dysfunction. Rodent models Increased leakage of Evans Blue and Trypan Blue1 Increased penetration of IgG and endogenous albumin2 Increased edema1 Increased activation of astrocytes and other neuroglial cells1,3 Increased expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines2,4,5 Increased production of reactive oxygen species6,7

Further I've checked what has anti-inflammatory properties. SSRI, Magnesium(recommended so many times here), Curcumin(helped me a great deal), Keto and calorie restrcition (danny's favourties), exercise! A lot of the relives here in this topic are actually anti-inflammatory.

Now let's check the symptoms caused from brain inflammation; Headache, Neck pain or stiffness, Nausea or vomiting, Dizziness, Irregular breathing, Vision loss or changes, Memory loss, Inability to walk. Also anxiety and depression! Again a lot of them cover from the LTC symptoms.

I believe it's a good shot for everyone who suffers through LTC to research in google anti-inflammatory lifestyle and try to apply it in everyday life. I'm not 100% sure, that's the cause, but have a good feeling it might be partially or completely involved.

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Also what backs it up even further is that we are very sensitive to psychoactive substances, caffeine, alcohol and .etc and can make us relapse, due to the leaky blood brain structure...

Another thing, a lot of stress and anxiety rises cortisol, again increasing inflammation

Hmmm interesting.. You may be on to something here. I myself eat a diet that tries to restrict inflammatory foods.

The big things to avoid are dairy (biggest) and shitty red meat. I don?t eat any dairy and if I do I get a horrible headache. I eat red meat but try to aim to eat high quality grass fed beef when I do.

One thing that I?ve found interesting is that over the years my tolerances to foods has decreased significantly. When I was younger I could eat anything no problem.. Now I can?t eat dairy, low quality fast food, chocolate, low quality alcohol, and more that I can?t think of. Also my body is very susceptible to little nutrition changes and I?m constantly having to readjust and reevaluate.

I?ve thought about this and sometimes wonder, if I didn?t follow all these guidelines to the letter, if maybe I?d be dealing with similar symptoms.

If you notice a lot of old school MDMA users like myself have taken on extremely healthy attitudes and I wonder if that was by choice or not?..

-GC

@zero. Question is, is BBB dysfunction permanent or can it be healed

It seems the mechanisms behind BBB disfunction are poorly understood.

I'll read more tomorrow about it, but that's what I've found today.

The BBB can be damaged or disrupted by many things including stress, inflammation, or chemical processes thought to be triggered by disease, drugs, air pollution or smoking. Possible links between gut health and the strength of the BBB have been explored through work on the microbiome.

We should reduce the inflammation as much as possible for the beginning and later target the cause if it's possible...

I would be very happy if we finally have some serious lead...

Doesn?t really make sense seeing as most people who have posted in previous versions of this thread have recovered fully or 90%

The majority of the people who recovered actually took healthy lifestyle measurement changes.

For an example hormone therapy is redusing cortisol, so that targets inflammation too. Or exercise, or supplements and .etc also we have to take into account that everyone got effected by the mdma differently and in different doses, so the mechanism behind our issue is individually sensitive.

I judge by myself that all anti-inflammatory practices have good results on my brain fog. I hope that this is the issue for my case, and hope that this would relive other people issues too.

I think it may not apply to me as I only have anxiety symptoms. No brain fog, no cognitive issues etc

My anxiety was greatly reduced by curcumin with piperine and magnesium.

Please try them both they're again anti-inflammatory.

Also anxiety is one of the most common symptoms for BBB dysfunction. Give it a try, nothing to lose.

I've been doing and feeling amazing lately so I thought I'd give an update.

It's been about 15.5 months since the LTC and I've been feeling better for a while now.

Some things are better than before. I have an inner stability that is incredible. My work ethic is higher than ever before. My intelligence and creativity is as good as ever. I'm also more courageous and actually enjoy facing fears and conquering them. I even went so far as to make a list of the things I fear and now I try to seek fears out one at a time and master them.

I make lists of things I should do and I get shit done everyday.

I got a new job working for the state which I start in one week. It's a career, not just a job, which is a first time thing for me so thats exciting. I also have other money making pursuits I'm looking into like growing flowers and mushrooms to sell, and I uber when I have free time. Being industrious and making money was always something I was good at, but I was just too afraid to test myself and go after goals. Not anymore, now I believe in my ideas and my ability to work hard to make my dreams come true.

Another thing that is different is the anxieties I used to have before are either fading or are gone. Before the LTC I had severe social anxiety but it's gone now. I used to be afraid of women and being charming but not anymore. I used to be pretty introverted but now I'm kind of mid-way. I'm not trying to be an extravert, but I'm just confident in who I am and don't have a problem just being myself. and people love it, I have like a magnetism to me now.

Another thing is the fearlessness almost. I know my strength now. I've always thought I was strong but the LTC showed me that I have a lot of strength I wasn't using, but now I know how to use it.

My emotions are back and so is my ability to feel happiness and love.

I also have a sense of momentum or growing strength. I know things may seem good right now, but it's just the beginning. Everyday I feel like pushing myself to new limits and seeing what I'm made of. I now enjoy writing down my limits then seeking to set new personal records.

Overall I just feel on top of the world and that is actually a common feeling to me now. I know how dark things get and I know that if I work hard I can lower the odds of that darkness coming back. So thats exactly what I do. I work hard and give my best, and the rewards just keep constantly pouring in.

I remember saying a lot during the LTC that I'll end up stronger and better off because of the LTC, and now I'm actually seeing it first hand.

Use the LTC to your benefit guys. The LTC makes everything into impossible goals, so start reaching out and doing the impossible. When the LTC ends, that habit of going after what seems impossible will stay and become one of your greatest strengths.

That?s great news lion. When did you start feeling like this? I am nearly at month 11 with no real improvement yet.

around month 10.5 was when I first started to get glimpses and peaks that I was coming back to normal.

months 11-12, things were still pretty shaky but slowly getting better.

Then 12.5 or 13 months is when I started to feel really fucking good.

Months 14-15, I've felt great or normal pretty much every day.

Lion, can you mention what helped you the most?

Also congratulations! You were always very positive