• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2018 NCAA Football v. How many style points for losing big at home?

Kenickie

Bluelight Crew
bumping this thread because apparently there hasn?t been an ncaa football thread since axl died. bardeaux i think is dead too. 3,4 mentioned in another thread that LSU plays his Canes for the big day. i?m so off that i don?t know if it?s happened yet. pander?s bulldogs beat up some horrible liberal arts school yesterday. know of little else :(.

i don?t know why i thought playing marc richt at miami would be any different than playing him at georgia. geaux tigers motherfucker

[2018] NCAA College Football Discussion v.We Want Bama

Was meaning to start this earlier, sorry guys. I've been all fucked up.

Didnt get the chance to watch very much this past weekend. I know UK handled CMU. Bama beat down Louisville.

whats everyone looking forward to this season? How's your team looking?

q63w2jjph0k11.jpg

1. Didnt get the chance to watch very much this past weekend.

2. I know UK handled CMU.

3. whats everyone looking forward to this season? How's your team looking?

1. Damn, son...DVR and ESPN Replays and Youtube...Get your priorities straight. NOW.

2. 8) Yeah, barely...I like CMU and always want them to do well. UK appears to be to UK levels of underwhelmingness.

3. Mostly, I'm looking forward to not sucking so bad, to actually being able to talk football with someone and not be ashamed of my team or my coach. Winning big over an FCS where you are supposed to win big is a refreshing change from the past DECADE. Can't say we're back, but we aren't as irrelevant as we've been. Go Gators.

Oh, and watching UTn lose, scUM lose, MICH lose, and hopefully tonight F$U lose...will be a great start to the season. GREAT START!

man. i re-read all of the old threads. i mean all of them. from like 2010 on. some great hidden treasures in there. and heartbreaking to see so many deaths. i don't know shit about virginia tech, but i'm going to watch tonight and think fondly of melange. go hokies! also;

33kg8sh.jpg

ten years together. fucking nuts. <3 sec mixed relationships can work, especially when you only play each other once a year in atlanta.

where is 3,4? the whole reason i wandered back here was because of him. what does he think of the game? i don't remember much of it honestly, and passed out after i think the score was 33-3 or something. 3,4 you used to be awful. i used to be awful and still am, but you were crazy. i think drugs had something to do with it and i'm glad you're not on so many pills anymore. that shit kills people.

i miss jim in an incredible way

man. i re-read all of the old threads. i mean all of them. from like 2010 on. some great hidden treasures in there. and heartbreaking to see so many deaths. i don't know shit about virginia tech, but i'm going to watch tonight and think fondly of melange. go hokies! also;

33kg8sh.jpg

ten years together. fucking nuts. <3 sec mixed relationships can work, especially when you only play each other once a year in atlanta.

where is 3,4? the whole reason i wandered back here was because of him. what does he think of the game? i don't remember much of it honestly, and passed out after i think the score was 33-3 or something. 3,4 you used to be awful. i used to be awful and still am, but you were crazy. i think drugs had something to do with it and i'm glad you're not on so many pills anymore. that shit kills people.

i miss jim in an incredible way

Honestly I was probably less fucked up back then than I am now. Online communications just had a bit of a learning curve for me. I honestly don't even want to look at some of my old posts on here, lol.

Disappointed in my Canes, but sad as it is to say, I'm used to it. I'd be more confused as to what to do if we sustained some winning for a little while.

Congrats.

you were on a lot of xanax, a lot. but you also had some good ones. good for hating on Spurrier. but also annoyingly accusing me of cheating like every other post. and we were never as mean to each other as i thought we were. i was much meaner to Care. some of the ChickenScratch meltdowns were absolutely bonkers. some really, really fun times talking about football on this board.

1. Damn, son...DVR and ESPN Replays and Youtube...Get your priorities straight. NOW.

2. 8) Yeah, barely...I like CMU and always want them to do well. UK appears to be to UK levels of underwhelmingness.

3. Mostly, I'm looking forward to not sucking so bad, to actually being able to talk football with someone and not be ashamed of my team or my coach. Winning big over an FCS where you are supposed to win big is a refreshing change from the past DECADE. Can't say we're back, but we aren't as irrelevant as we've been. Go Gators.

Oh, and watching UTn lose, scUM lose, MICH lose, and hopefully tonight F$U lose...will be a great start to the season. GREAT START!

im doing free trials of shit at the moment. No money

barely, yeah, I know. At least I'm loyal to UK...I lived in NC forever, could have just called myself a Clemson fan and no one would've known.

im fine with the underwhelmingness. UK games are worth it just to watch Benny Snell Jr. I'll take my lumps in this thread when I have to if you take yours in the CBB thread here in a couple months. Or will you conveniently disappear then ? ;) (Wbu Kenickie? LSU basketball? Yikes...no y'all are supposed to be pretty okay this year right? )

cant believe you're a Florida fan... I realize we've not beaten you in thirty years or whatever, but we got you down to a point last year... be embarrassing if you guys lost to us at home week 2...

Last edited:

that's real. at least you're moving out of the wilderness, where its been like seven years now since anything has made sense at Tennessee. The East man, what is with y'all? Kind of sad I missed all other SEC games while I was at work, I'd like to see how everyone else in the family is faring.

I am looking forward to this season not being like last year when I lost at home to fucking Troy. Coach O has to get it together.

I am cat sitting for a friend in Williamsburg. This whole building are southerners who have expatriated. Everyone on this floor is an alabama fan. every. single. apartment. literally had to ask which Alabama related wifi network was her. horrible. whats the trendy scandal happening right now? who is the sexy secret ala russell wilson from nc state? give me the juicy bits and maybe we can think of a better title that isn't about my arch rival and nemesis.

How about that 24-3 spanking Florida State got yesterday? The only reason it wasn't an even bigger lopsided blowout was because they played halfway decent (emphasis on halfway) defense, but over half their offensive plays either netted no yards or negative yards. Taggert better get his shit together and quick. Seminoles fans don't like to lose like that.

I'm so glad Saban got over his Jalen hurts fetish. Tua is going to light up the SEC like we haven't seen since Peyton Manning. Going to be a fun year. Roll Tide

Tua is insane. Nice to have a Hurts as a back up :\

Something snarky about urban meyer, maybe? Haha

CFDiscussion v"Kenicke beats the spread. AGAIN!"

v"How many style points for losing, big, at home?"

v"I'm moving to Fansville"

v"I *AM* Larry Culpepper"

v"Where is your conference pride (lookinatchoo B1G+2)"

v"What is your coach doing during his suspension?"

v"Oh No! We suck again!" (OP includes this image)
079b66cbd6d7511f47e13afd053b59f4f47f2674.jpg

CFDiscussion v"Kenicke beats the spread. AGAIN!"

v"How many style points for losing, big, at home?"

v"What is your coach doing during his suspension?"

i am all for these. there were a couple years there where i was on top of like three different pickems. what a world.

Vs "how many style points for losing big at home

you were on a lot of xanax, a lot. but you also had some good ones. good for hating on Spurrier. but also annoyingly accusing me of cheating like every other post. and we were never as mean to each other as i thought we were. i was much meaner to Care. some of the ChickenScratch meltdowns were absolutely bonkers. some really, really fun times talking about football on this board.

Lol, yeah xanax never went well with anything. To be honest I never even really liked it, just used it for a period of time when I needed to numb myself after quitting opioids. Xanax is a real fucking scumbag drug.

Tbh my thoughts on the cheating stuff weren't entirely without merit, but my argument was incomplete and dissonant in places, and lacked cogency. I also would probably hesitate to use the word "cheater" nowadays, and would instead address the systemic corruption and dysfunction of the NCAA, and the concept of amateurism in general. I would probably be less likely to lash out at the particular teams that may unfairly benefit from such a system, and instead call for systemic change in and of itself.

My biggest regret was probably not being aware of/recognizing what a fucking cliche the "inside info" guys were on football boards. My info was legit, and as evidence I submit that I have never claimed inside or special knowledge of any other topic on Bluelight, thereby offering myself a degree of credibility by not having a reputation for spinning tall tales. Still, the way I went about expressing it was super aggro and a little immature, not to mention naive in that I expected people to believe some random dude from the internet such as myself, but yeah.

I suppose it is understandable in the sense that if you found out that your team was being unfairly hampered by systemic or institutional forces, you might lash out as well, lol.