• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2018 NCAA Football v. How many style points for losing big at home?

osu-metoo-jpg.11728

Anytime tOSU loses is a good time. To get their butts kicked that bad, is magically delicious.

Florida State edged out Wake Forest yesterday so they're now 4-3, but I'm not optimistic about them ending with a winning season. Next week against Clemson is a certain loss, even if they did have Josh Kainduh the entire game, and I am hard pressed to see them beating NC State, either.

Remaining schedule for F$U:

vs CLEM = LOSS
@ NC STATE = ahead of F$U in their division, but at toss up in my mind as I don't know NC ST
@ ND = LOSS (I"m pulling for the meteor strike)
vs BC = ahead of F$U in their division, but at toss up in my mind as I don't know BC, really want to pull against the fighting Addazzios, but hate F$U more

this would take them to 4-5 with not knowing the NCST or BC games. If we can get them to lose only one of those and get to 5-6 heading into the last game of the season....

@ FLA = UF will be favored, I'm sure. But nothing would make this game any better than for F$U to need the win to keep their bowl streak alive, and then to be absolutely demolished at Florida Field. If they lose both and this is a throw away game, it isn't as good. If they win both NCST and BC and keep the streak alive, it isn't as good. I realize I'm giddy from UF not sucking as bad as we have, and am delirious with how much F$Uscks right now...but that would truly be the best birthday gift I could ask for this year.

Remaining schedule for F$U:

vs CLEM = LOSS
@ NC STATE = ahead of F$U in their division, but at toss up in my mind as I don't know NC ST
@ ND = LOSS (I"m pulling for the meteor strike)
vs BC = ahead of F$U in their division, but at toss up in my mind as I don't know BC, really want to pull against the fighting Addazzios, but hate F$U more

this would take them to 4-5 with not knowing the NCST or BC games. If we can get them to lose only one of those and get to 5-6 heading into the last game of the season....

@ FLA = UF will be favored, I'm sure. But nothing would make this game any better than for F$U to need the win to keep their bowl streak alive, and then to be absolutely demolished at Florida Field. If they lose both and this is a throw away game, it isn't as good. If they win both NCST and BC and keep the streak alive, it isn't as good. I realize I'm giddy from UF not sucking as bad as we have, and am delirious with how much F$Uscks right now...but that would truly be the best birthday gift I could ask for this year.
I'm pretty sure I know what you're implying with the dollar signs but if you think the UF football program is squeaky clean, you're either high on crack or just fucking delirious. When I was getting my PhD at FSU, I knew a graduate student in the same field at UF who was run out of Gainesville at the end of a pitchfork for daring to flunk a dumb-as-a-post football player. And I also enjoyed your denigrating Vanderbilt, another institution of which I am a proud alumnus. At least when I was there, yeah, we sucked at football, but that was because football players were held to the same admissions standards as everyone else. As we used to chant every time Tennessee kicked our ass, "That's all right, that's ok, you'll work for us someday."

Yeah I've been to Gainesville a couple of times. Squeaky clean is not the phrase that comes to mind.

Yeah I've been to Gainesville a couple of times. Squeaky clean is not the phrase that comes to mind.

Born'n'raised. Redneck comes to mind mostly. Distinct population difference between students from all over and us locals. I love my hometown, but that doesn't mean I see it purely thru nostalgic or O&B glasses, it's got warts. I only go back (to any of FL) to visit now.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're implying with the dollar signs but if you think the UF football program is squeaky clean, you're either high on crack or just fucking delirious. When I was getting my PhD at FSU, I knew a graduate student in the same field at UF who was run out of Gainesville at the end of a pitchfork for daring to flunk a dumb-as-a-post football player. And I also enjoyed your denigrating Vanderbilt, another institution of which I am a proud alumnus. At least when I was there, yeah, we sucked at football, but that was because football players were held to the same admissions standards as everyone else. As we used to chant every time Tennessee kicked our ass, "That's all right, that's ok, you'll work for us someday."

Rather than give you a friendly ribbing on either of those, I'll simply ignore your F$U ties other than stating TPD is so far in bed with the football programs it isn't even funny, not at all. GPD on the other hand is happy to bust a player for whatever they can find. There is a long list of fk ups at both programs, when you talk about individuals. But when you talk about the program, F$U is so broken it should be investigated. Starting QB with 2lbs of weed? Oh, yeah, we'll handle that internally with the football program. :| Let's not start this argument, it doesn't go well for anyone.

Vandy, I'll feel ya a bit. It's always been the academic bastion for the league (Ha! Who else will even come close? I like how UF tries to be an academic leader, but looking at TN and AL and the others, Vandy is alone). Vandy is handicapped by having better education, and therefore not able to get the same level of football player. It's a fair question on what they do with their share of football revenues, because they aren't building the football program with it, but I hate playing them every year simply because they ARE harder than everyone assumes them to be. The way they run the University, they can never be a football power, so I'm not going to hold that against them or make fun of their team.

This weekend...what's happening, who ya taking?

MIA @ BC +3.5 << MIA more than covers
VAN @ ARK -1.5 << C'mon Vandy...represent the East :|
PUR @ MichSt -1.5 << I think Purdue has a hangover, and MichSt holds serve at home.
FLA @ UGA -6.5 << WLOCP...I can't say. Either team can win by double digits, or it could be down to the last possession. I'll be a homer and take my Gators.
UK @ MIZZ -4.5 << I don't get how MIZZ is favored. I'm looking for UK coming with a chip on their shoulder to get the respect they feel is overdue.
aTm @ MissSt -2.5 << Again, ranked team not favored against a sub-500 team. I'll take MissSt in this one.
WashSt @ Stanford -2.5 << Ooohhh, Pac12 ranked matchup! Mark it on the calendar, may be one of the few this season. Anyone care? Yeah, me neither. I'll go for Stanford.
TN @ USCe -6.5 << I hate both. Go Meteor Strike!
TX @ OSU +3.5 << TX is better than that. They win big.

Where you at this weekend?

Born'n'raised. Redneck comes to mind mostly. Distinct population difference between students from all over and us locals. I love my hometown, but that doesn't mean I see it purely thru nostalgic or O&B glasses, it's got warts. I only go back (to any of FL) to visit now.

I liked it honestly. I was slightly* inebriated both times but had the time of my life pretty much. I’m sure you are familiar with FEST every October? Have ever joined in the fun or do you stay away? It’s starting today ! Holy shit, I didn’t even realize it started today! I wish I could go again this year. The Get Up Kids and Cursive are playing? Wtf?

as for the games this weekend, uga/Florida and Missouri/UK are the two I’ll be glued to. I want Kentucky to win obviously...but I really need Georgia to win too. Sorry TLB. But if your Gators win, we would have to run the table the rest of the season to keep up pace. Also if uk and uga both win this weekend, they will likely be the 3:30 CBS game next Saturday. Later start is advantage home team, which is Kentucky.

Last edited:
This is the most god awful piece of shit game ive ever watched. I’m not even gonna talk about it.

edit: we made an amazing comeback and won, but it was still an overall disgusting display from the U.K. offense. If our defense hadn’t stepped up like they did, we would have lost by 30.

nevertheless, this has kinda always been the formula for us. We find ways to win. As ugly, as frustrating, as exhilarating, as it is... we just find a way to come out on top. I think we play up or play down to whoever we’re playing. What else can explain beating Florida on the road, then almost losing to Missouri?

All I know is, we are 7-1 and playing Georgia for the fucking SEC east in Lexington!

Last edited:
I didn't even bother watching the FSU-Clemson game. I knew it was going to be ugly. Instead flipped back and forth between the Northwestern and Iowa games. Another win for the Wildcats, but a loss for the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
The Canes always find new ways of disappointing me. I really thought we had a team this year, but holy fuck, that offense is so bad.

Sorry about the losses, everyone. I’m keeping the hope alive for another week, but I need to start bracing myself for the disappointment at some point. I mean, Kentucky couldn’t actually play in the SEC championship game, could they?

This is the most god awful piece of shit game ive ever watched. I’m not even gonna talk about it.

edit: we made an amazing comeback and won, but it was still an overall disgusting display from the U.K. offense. If our defense hadn’t stepped up like they did, we would have lost by 30.

nevertheless, this has kinda always been the formula for us. We find ways to win. As ugly, as frustrating, as exhilarating, as it is... we just find a way to come out on top. I think we play up or play down to whoever we’re playing. What else can explain beating Florida on the road, then almost losing to Missouri?

All I know is, we are 7-1 and playing Georgia for the fucking SEC east in Lexington!

From a bluegrass perspective, this is a helluva lot better than 'finding a way to lose (to Florida)', amirite? I'm kinda happy for UK doing this well. I don't see ya'll beating UGA, but stranger things have happened. I see both UK and UF going 10-2 to finish out and go to bowl games. Wonder where we'll each end up.

Sorry about the losses, everyone. I’m keeping the hope alive for another week, but I need to start bracing myself for the disappointment at some point. I mean, Kentucky couldn’t actually play in the SEC championship game, could they?

They could, but I wouldn't put money on it after what you just saw at Mizzou :\

= = =

Gators lost, score was much worse than expected. But, we're still ahead of schedule, and may have a future QB while we doddle along with our current one who threw an amazing pass accurately over his wide open outlet, but well short of his intended WR, and hit the UGA db in the numbers. Oh, and the managed to fumble at our own 1y line. I love my D for forcing UGA to 8 downs inside the 1 to settle for a FG. But the last 5-8 min of the game they just gave up. I kinda did too after watching our O be ineffective at much more than turning the ball over. Still, makes me feel good about our future, and we'd written this game off as a loss before the season started. We just need to make sure we don't stumble = Home for MIZZ, USCe, mighty potatoes from IDAHO, and closing it out @F$U. We have a good shot at 10-2, really shouldn't lose more than 1 of those, preferably none of them.

TLB said:
I love my D

i love my D too man. Very firm.

SI has Florida playing Penn State in the Citrus Bowl and UK playing Ohio State in the Peach Bowl. Woah. I can’t believe I just said that. Kentucky playing on New Years. What a time to be alive.

I hope the fans show up for Georgia Kentucky. If that place gets lit enough I could see it being a game going into the 4th quarter. I'm sure Mark Stoops is going to throw everything in the playbook at Georgia's Defense. Ill be pulling for Ku

LSU Alabama this weekend. This game always makes me nervous as a Bama fan. But I have faith in our Lord and savior Tua. May God bless his knee.

It will be lit af as the kids today say. It sold out instantly like a month ago.

Also UK plz KU is Kansas and their filthy little Big 12 feathers. Haha.

Thanks for the support CJ. Keeping the dream alive that’s what we’re doing!

So yeah, looking ahead to this weekend....

USCe @ -1.5 Ole Miss << Ole Miss to cover and win
NEB @ -20.5 tOSU << OSU more than covers
UGA @ +10.5 UK << UGA gon be over confident, but still git'r'dun
WVU @ -2.5 TX << TX implosion imminent, WVU wins
IOWA @ -1.5 PUR << Iowa hangover, Purdue wins by 10ish
F$U @ -6.5 NCST << Death spiral continues, NCST wins biggly
PSU @ -9.5 MICH << Hmmm...tough one for me, as I hate MICH and want them to lose, but they are at home. I can't tell what PSU will show up. I think PSU comes out mad and at least covers, if not outright wins (putting one more brick in the wall to keep B1G out of CFP).
MIZZ @ -6.5 FL << Gators mad, going to take it out on MIZZ. There is concerns over their passing and our lack of depth for an injured secondary, but I have confidence we win by 14+
DUKE @ -6.5 MIA << I think Duke pulls the upset, but wouldn't be surprised to be proven wrong.
ND @ +6.5 NW << I am very surprised the line is that close, but if Vegas thinks NW has a shot, then I want them to win (I always want ND to lose). Go wildcats.
BAMA @ +14.5 LSU << Nick has a plan. Bama by 21+
OU @ +10.5 TT << Meh, don't care much, but always kinda liked TT since the Mike Leach days. Go red raiders.
STAN @ -8.5 WASH << Don't care. Washington?

Mizzous passing attack is overrated. Hit Drew locked few times and he will crumble.

Im actually loving the build up to this game. For once Kentucky is in a big time game where absolutely NOBODY expects anything from them. To me, thats a win win. Nothing to lose...”bulletin board” is all nice and full.

I hope for Georgias sake they dont underestimate Benny Snell or Josh Allen.

If Terry Wilson has an awesome game like he is capable of having, like he HAS had a couple of times this year...we will have a shot. If he pisses his pants and shrinks up, we wont be able to score enough points...

As highly ranked as UGA is, I think a lot of it is hype carried from last year. They hadn't played tough teams this season. When they played FL, we turned it over 3 times and they got 10 pts. Three of those points were on 8 plays inside the 1. Our breakdowns were before the half in allowing Nauta free for all those passes (dunno wtf Def was thinking), and the last 5-8min when Defense just gave up and let the score look ugly. We could have beat them, but they were the better team that day. If UK can move the ball on offense, I think they hang with UGA and have a shot. UGA ain't all that, IMO.