• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Which light should i use?

Almost one month for Veg stage. When i need to trun on the flowering button for my babies? I learnt the veg stage should be around 40 Days. If i don't offer enough red light for the plants, what will happen? Will they not flowering? I hope to get some help.
I found that the coverage of Pro II 120 is not suitable for 2x4 grow tent. Maybe i will need another small light to cover them well?

Today. i turn on the flower button. It is almost one and half month for veg.
Learnt a lot from other growers, it is the time to switch it into flowering.
The pro II 120 did great job in Veg stage. I also learnt that the purple light cannot do well in flower stage. Is it true?
Hope it will not let me down.

Accidently, i knew that Mars uploaded a new light that is white color.
Do you guys think the white color light can beat purple?
They are finding testers for the new light, hope i will get the chance. :D

Didn't read the thread too thoroughly, but just popped in to say that I've used a light from the Mars II series (the 1200 version) and thought it was a great light.

Didn't read the thread too thoroughly, but just popped in to say that I've used a light from the Mars II series (the 1200 version) and thought it was a great light.
Thanks for stopping by, bro. I never had a chance to find out the Mars II 1200 version that you mentioned. I just can find 400, 900 and 1600. Maybe they have stopped produce that model? I considered the Mars II series before. But Mars told me that Pro II series is their best one. I think it is a perfect light for veg stage, maybe they need to add more red leds to make flower better.

Do you guys think the white color LEDs can work well? A lot of people said it is much better than Purple one and in some point it can beat cmh or HPS light.
I found MarsHydro upload a white color leds on their website. The price is nice. If white led is better, i will definitely buy one for my next grow. Any suggestions?

Hey what's popping Bruce.

Glad to see you stuck with it and are trying to optimize your performance.

Personally, I have grown before, I used the bare basics. It really comes down to how you care for them individually. Make sure to water them the right amount, don't let them get too close to the light, etc.

I'm sure any light that you think is good will do the job :)

Enjoy my friend.

Do you guys think the white color LEDs can work well?

Yes and no. Most of what I'm finding is people saying they are supplemental lights and using them by themselves is wasteful.

White LEDs by nature are inefficient and wasteful when used as the primary source of light in an LED grow light. This inefficiency goes against the very core principle of the concept of LED grow lights which is producing 100% usable light by way of a perfected spectral output as it pertains to the rate of spectral absorption by green chlorophyll.

White LEDs only produce 40% of usable light and the rest is wasted in power consumption and heat.

I think this article is pretty spot-on:

https://platinumgrowlights.com/2016/09/25/are-white-leds-used-in-led-grow-lights-better-for-growing/

Last edited:
Really? Have you heard that quantum board light is very pop recently? I never tried it but huge of people said it is a light that can repalce HPS.
So i was researching the truth. Finally i heard a negative comment about it. Lol.

Yes and no. Most of what I'm finding is people saying they are supplemental lights and using them by themselves is wasteful.

I think this article is pretty spot-on:

https://platinumgrowlights.com/2016/09/25/are-white-leds-used-in-led-grow-lights-better-for-growing/

Really? Have you heard that quantum board light is very pop recently? I never tried it but huge of people said it is a light that can repalce HPS.
So i was researching the truth. Finally i heard a negative comment about it. Lol.

I haven't heard about the quantum board light, I will have to check it out.

LED are great if you are using the energy. If they are wasting energy than HPS might be better.

I haven't heard about the quantum board light, I will have to check it out.

LED are great if you are using the energy. If they are wasting energy than HPS might be better.

It is a kind of DIY light. You need to assemble each part of light like pcb board, power cord, drivers.
A lot of people recommended this light for me. And there are a lot of white color leds in market like fluence. But the it is so pricy.
I was looking for a white LED grow light that i can afford. I found Mars released a white led bar and the price is very awesome.
So i think i might try one for my next grow.

It is a kind of DIY light. You need to assemble each part of light like pcb board, power cord, drivers.
That does sound pretty cool. It would be a fun project if nothing else. If you do give them a try please do let us know how they work out.

That does sound pretty cool. It would be a fun project if nothing else. If you do give them a try please do let us know how they work out.
I will definitely leave some post about it if i have a chance to use it. :D

You know what? When i researched on MarsHydro website. I found that they were doing the fifth cup competition. The winner will get their newest SP light and tent. And they were offering 10% discount promotion sale. That is amazing. But unluckly, i an not in the legal state. I don't dare to post grow video on youtube. Anyway, i like the 10% discount sale.
clear.png

BTW, happy valentine! guys.

Mine was alright. Getting over a virus, did some drugs, had a valentine for the first time in years but did nothing special, forgot to call my mom, got a jury duty delinquency notice in the mail, but the drugs made it tolerable TBH. All in all, not bad. Thank you for asking man. No one asked me how my day was today so I dumping it on you.

Did you do something interesting? I'm always curious about what tickles the fancy of other people.

Don't wanna start a new thread if my question is more in the lines of the OP. All my past indoor grows was with MH for vegs and HPS for flowering. These setups needed a lot to get going and the electricity bill didn't like it either (another reason im happy i can grow outdoor now). But im looking at starting another small indoor setup. The type where the plants can be left under one source of light and not swapped from one veg room to flowering room. So i was looking at all these LED full spectrum all in one grow lights, then Cob came along and now im reading about these Quantum DIY boards. So guess here is what im asking.

What type of setup will be best for a tent grow from beginning to end?
And with these Cob or quantum boards, which would be the right spectrum to look at, 3000K or 4000k? If i dont just get a LED full spectrum light setup
Also which would be the best cost effective Newbie start? (not a newbie to growing with HPS & Mh)
And between a LED full spectrum, Cob or Quantum which would be the most energy efficient?

Hope OP doesn't mind me falling in here.