• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Which light should i use?

hey bud, well as for distance from your plants try to keep it about 50 - 75cm for anything bigger then a 300w. But one thing to look out for is light bleaching, that way you will know if the light is too close. Also a 300w should cover a grow area of 2x2 very nicely anything bigger i would suggest a bigger or better LED grow light, like 450w+. But from what i read the mars II 700 will cover a area of 3.5x3.5 with no problem. Plus another thing if you only doing two plants is to do topping and then tying down the leaves to open up more space for the plant to absorb light.

Thanks. man. A lot of things to learn about. I checked the Mars II 700, it is not the same as Mars II 400 or 900. What's wrong with that?

First thing to consider is how much vertical space you will have. Higher intensity lights generally require more space between the light and the canopy. For example, led's can usually be placed 1-2' above the canopy, where some DE-HID bulbs will require 4' or more.

Next thing to consider is how much heat will be produced, and how much cooling capacity you have. Running higher intensity lights may lead to better harvest but it will also produce more heat. Some lights have ballast that can be placed outside the growing area.

Lastly, canopy size or coverage. This is something that you can play with by adding more or less lights. A lot of people are running 4 x 315w or 2x630w or 1x1000w over the same sized canopy. This is where PAR and all that more complex stuff comes into play. If your curious it's good knowledge, but not necessary.

For your first grow, I would try to choose something relatively cheap and simple. Some lights come with timers, dimmers and all that but it's not necessary. buying used gear for your first run can also help get you moving. can always upgrade later.

First thing to consider is how much vertical space you will have. Higher intensity lights generally require more space between the light and the canopy. For example, led's can usually be placed 1-2' above the canopy, where some DE-HID bulbs will require 4' or more.

Next thing to consider is how much heat will be produced, and how much cooling capacity you have. Running higher intensity lights may lead to better harvest but it will also produce more heat. Some lights have ballast that can be placed outside the growing area.

Lastly, canopy size or coverage. This is something that you can play with by adding more or less lights. A lot of people are running 4 x 315w or 2x630w or 1x1000w over the same sized canopy. This is where PAR and all that more complex stuff comes into play. If your curious it's good knowledge, but not necessary.

For your first grow, I would try to choose something relatively cheap and simple. Some lights come with timers, dimmers and all that but it's not necessary. buying used gear for your first run can also help get you moving. can always upgrade later.

This helps me a lot, bro. Thanks a lot. May i ask which light you used before?

My eyes aimed at Mars-Hydro and Viperspectra. Both are cheap and come from china. Was there anyone used their lights before. Any suggestions?

After watched many youtube review videos, i decided to try Mars pro II 120. Pro II series is their best series right now and many reviews get positive review. Hope i can get the same yield like others. ;)

Today, i got Mars pro II 120. The shipping is super fast. Discreet package. Cannot wait to turn on the light. Wow, it is super bright. I love the purple color.

So, I'm just curious about the light :) How many watts does it draw and what's the angle of dispersion for the LED chips. I grew using a Lumigrow 320 which drew 300 watts from the wall and 120 degree dispersion and it kicked ass over a 750 watt MH setup I had previously used. In fact when some of my buddies who were also growers saw it in operation and the results the first time were amazed. I had this in a 1m x 1m x 2.5m grow tent inside a closet and had harvested more than my wife and I could possibly smoke between cycles.

The grow tent was used to control air flow (so I could use a carbon filter to eliminate smell) and light control so I could keep stray light from going into the growing chamber during flowering. I was growing in coco using non organic nutes, balanced to about 5.4 ph.

Good luck with the grow, there's nothing like what you grow yourself once you get the hang of it ;)

Yesterday, i got Mars pro II 120 and hooked it up. I love the light color. I want to grow some autoflowers. Which seed would i grow?

So, I'm just curious about the light :) How many watts does it draw and what's the angle of dispersion for the LED chips. I grew using a Lumigrow 320 which drew 300 watts from the wall and 120 degree dispersion and it kicked ass over a 750 watt MH setup I had previously used. In fact when some of my buddies who were also growers saw it in operation and the results the first time were amazed. I had this in a 1m x 1m x 2.5m grow tent inside a closet and had harvested more than my wife and I could possibly smoke between cycles.

The grow tent was used to control air flow (so I could use a carbon filter to eliminate smell) and light control so I could keep stray light from going into the growing chamber during flowering. I was growing in coco using non organic nutes, balanced to about 5.4 ph.

Good luck with the grow, there's nothing like what you grow yourself once you get the hang of it ;)

Thanks. man. Mars-Hydro website says the power is 250W. i think i have to test myself if i have enough time. i have no idea about the angle you mentioned. i am new to this lol. =D

This helps me a lot, bro. Thanks a lot. May i ask which light you used before?

Mostly 1000w HPS with dimmable electronic ballast in 8 light flower room. I started testing out LEDs for veg. t5 fluorescent for clones. Lotta people are checking out LEDs lately. If you can afford the initial cost, there are some really good ones on the market that can compete with HID lighting.

Some you might want to check out: gravitas 1kw double ended, 1200w Spydr LED, 630w DE CMH, 315W CMH, 1000W single end HPS or MH w/digital ballast/ Those are some of the more common used lights in the industry. People are moving away from the single ended bulbs and to double ended and leds generally.

spiders must deal with "noisy" signals coming from their environment while actually a "smart meter" connects directly, much like a lossless antenna, euh... So how hard do you imagine it is to extract timer signature that wasn't even burried under a noise floor?...

Smart meter's indeed carry some additional risk, some places might offer the option to reject to having a smart meter installed and they have to do a other non smart meter. I have no idea if this makes any differnce in recognizing the electrical signature though.

Mostly 1000w HPS with dimmable electronic ballast in 8 light flower room. I started testing out LEDs for veg. t5 fluorescent for clones. Lotta people are checking out LEDs lately. If you can afford the initial cost, there are some really good ones on the market that can compete with HID lighting.

Some you might want to check out: gravitas 1kw double ended, 1200w Spydr LED, 630w DE CMH, 315W CMH, 1000W single end HPS or MH w/digital ballast/ Those are some of the more common used lights in the industry. People are moving away from the single ended bulbs and to double ended and leds generally.

Thanks for the knowledgeable comments. Looks like i need to learn more about this industry. Lol.
So far so good for the Mars pro II 120. The blue color light makes me feel relaxed

Any canadian here? Marshydro is celebrating the legalization on their website. Just for canada growers. I would like to suggest you to try Pro II series. I like the Pro II 120 that i am using.

My babies grow very well so far under Mars pro II 120

Last edited:
You have to have the pics hosted on the net somewhere else (Bluelight doesn't host the files)then you can link them in a post using the icon that looks like a picture using the URL of the file hosted offsite.

You have to have the pics hosted on the net somewhere else (Bluelight doesn't host the files)then you can link them in a post using the icon that looks like a picture using the URL of the file hosted offsite.

Thanks, man. This is very troublesome. Other forums can make it easily. :?