• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Autumn Ho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I woke to a surprise this morning, but at least it was one that made me laugh, since I hadn't had much to laugh about lately. The dog had gotten off the bed sometime in the middle of the night and helped himself to a freshly opened bag of vinegar and salt potato chips (crisps). They were too close to the edge of the counter. I should know better. He was looking kind of guilty and and took a ginormous poop while we were out on your walk. I will wouldn't trade his companionship for anything though, even though sweeping for crisps and vacuuming are the last chores I want to do at 8am. And he did considerately bring some to the bedside in case I wanted any.

Last edited:
Grinders, I understand your impulse to help, based on my experience, it's better to let another female handle it. I tried to help someone who my personal friend and nearly ended up with a sexual assault charge thrown at me (because at her request, she asked me to help her clean herself up - she was covered in dog feces). Someone who felt no compassion to help would have a big red flag next to their name in the book that is my mind, but letting a woman help her I think is the safest way to go, for both her and you.

Well I woke to a surprise this morning, but at least it was one that made me laugh, since I hadn't had much to laugh about lately. The dog had gotten off the bed sometime in the middle of the night and helped himself to a freshly opened bag of vinegar and salt potato chips (crisps). They were too close to the edge of the counter. I should know better. He was looking kind of guilty and and took a ginormous poop while we were out on your walk. I will wouldn't trade his companionship for anything though, even though sweeping for crisps and vacuuming are the last chores I want to do at 8am. And he did considerately bring some to the bedside in case I wanted any.

lol, the salt can be bad for the dog but is otherwise OK

there's lots of foods bad for dogs, but I know exactly that look =D

Everyone has a pizza story with a dog too. There was no telltale evidence that there had ever even been half a pizza in the box (no crumbs, bits of topping, nothing). Even the box had been nearly obliterated. Also, this dog liked coffee and I had to learn to be careful with that because coffee can be bad for their health. I sat down to do some work at home with a cup of coffee. Went to get some ledgers and sat back down and my cup was empty. Bone dry. Just thought I had a senior moment and refilled the cup then caught the dog jumping off my chair. There went the mystery of the disappearing coffee.

So far I have not been sobre for even 1 day this month. Fuck I feel another rehab coming on.

So far I have not been sobre for even 1 day this month. Fuck I feel another rehab coming on.
If you think you'll benefit from the protective bubble that rehab provides, by all means go. But just going doesn't actually do anything, (unless you need a detox that badly), though. If it did, there wouldn't be a relapser among us. My mother honestly couldn't believe that the rehab connected to the University of Florida Teaching Hospital, with all its resources, didn't cure me of anything. I think that mindset is common among family members.

What are you using?

I just realized you posted in OD (it takes me a while to link posts to user names), probably meth

Status
Not open for further replies.