Forum Merges

it took all of a few minutes for a no so clearly you guys just not interested in anyone but yourselves .

May I direct you to you very own pondering just a post earlier:

Why the hell would you think this of me.

FTR CFC's post was clearly more of a hypothetical tongue & cheek type thing, to try and make a point.

All relevant ideas are to be welcomed and considered in this thread:

(open discussion) Post *YOUR* Ideas for Forum Re-Design & Upgrade Here

Just with a little pinch less anger please? Just because people don't agree with you, it does't mean you need to declare their downfall and generally be a dick to them. There's another person on the end of that big long internet wire.

This means there is a chance for an unregistered person's post to 'pop up' a few posts above the last post in a thread if we aren't right on top of it all the time.

The method I have been using in Anonymous has been working well to catch unapproved posts very quickly. It would be easy to implement in STH as well.

HOMELESS is now deleted.

ANON and TG are under STH until further notice, likely to be removed within a week.

HR WORKSHOP (now closed) and WIKI have been moved to Bluelight History at the bottom of the forum groupings.

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION (NMI) has been grouped with ANNOUNCEMENTS and SUPPORT and TECHNICAL HELP (STH)

Given the lower participation of the three current forums for MAPS, we will be merging the following in roughly a week:

CURRENT:
MAPS Forums
- MAPS Discussion
- Clinical Psychedelic Research & Medicine
- Psychedelic Harm Reduction (likely to be merged with Psychedelic Drugs)
+ MAPS.org (link to their site)

NEW:
MAPS Forums (contains all content from MAPS Discussion and CPRM forums, not removing anything, will have a link atop the discussion forum to the MAPS.org site).

Last edited:
Given the lower participation of the current forums for Pillreports, we will be merging the following in roughly a week:

CURRENT:
Pillreports.net Forums
- Pill Testing Q&A
- Pillreports Discussion
+ Pillreports.net (link to their site)

NEW:
Pillreports Forum (contains all content from Pill Testing Q&A and Pillreports Discussion, not removing anything, will have a link atop the discussion forum to the Pillreports.net site).

Last edited:
PSYCHEDELIC HARM REDUCTION from the MAPS forum group has been merged into PD

The MAPS and PR.net forum merges will be this weekend.

MAPS forums have been merged and moved next to Drug Studies for now.

Pillreports forums have been merged and the remaining forum placed next to MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs.

We will be moving Basic Drug Discussion from it's current grouping up to the Bluelight Basics forum group with the belief that new members come to us for drug information, then stay for the community aspects. Top group will become:

BDD
NMI
ANN
STH

We will be moving Basic Drug Discussion from it's current grouping up to the Bluelight Basics forum group with the belief that new members come to us for drug information, then stay for the community aspects. Top group will become:

BDD
NMI
ANN
STH

This is done.

Also, threads that used to be under MAPS > Clinical Psychedelic Research & Medicine, were merged into MAPS, but are now given their own home as Psychedelic Medicine under our Psychedelic Discussion.

S&T will get merged - most of it to CEP, but some to other forums as appropriate.

yo i'm a huge fan of the consolidation happening around here. it's overall necessary, and the examples i've seen are practical.

this is a significant step in the right direction for bluelight. moves like this will help the community thrive. sincere appreciation to those responsible.

In an effort to get better focus on recovery discussions, we'll be breaking up the current Drug Discussions forum grouping into the following:

Drug Experiences
- Trip Reports
- Drug Culture
- EADD
- AusDD
- NADD

Media, Science & Research
- Nueroscience & Pharmacology
- DitM
- MAPS
- Drug Studies

Addiction and Recovery
- Healthy & Sober Living (merging those two)
- Mental Health
- The Dark Side

Please note, there is a good bit of overlap in content among the A&R forums, so our initial move is simply grouping them together but we will use coming months to better define what content belongs where. Bear with us during this evaluation, and by all means please provide some feedback in our Support discussion thread on this topic!

Based on low traffic, and that both rely on media announcements and are of interest as 'current events', the staff has been discussing in their forum for the past 4-6wk about making this merge. If you're concern is instead about things like 'tech help', you would be right in that such discussions don't fit the CEP realm very well. As we go through the adjustment following the merge, there will be some threads that get moved to more appropriate forums. But, to start, CEP is taking it all on and expanding their title and content.

AUS regional has had it's three old archives combined (AusSoc + AusEvents >> AusDD)

Letting folks know we're done here. At least for now. We'll check forum traffic in another 3-6months to see if anything needs to be split or merged.

i wish you would of left the forum structure as it was, probably a dumb complaint but when i come here really fucked up and suddenly a forum is missing. i know it was just moved but very frustrating when highly intoxicated

i wish you would of left the forum structure as it was, probably a dumb complaint but when i come here really fucked up and suddenly a forum is missing. i know it was just moved but very frustrating when highly intoxicated

Aww sorry to hear that mate. Consider this advance warning then: we're soon going to switch over our forum software entirely to a more modern type, so it may look even more confusing for a while.