• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread Scary or horror films

opioidsoveragain

Bluelighter
What have you seen that has rocked you to your core or made you have a "Shit yourself" moment.

Recently it has seen that Annabelle movie, know its not very knew but that movie rocked me a bit and gave me a few nightmares.

And the fact that it had some true aspects to it freaked me the fuck out.

The Spanish know how to do horror. I really enjoyed Veronica. I also recently saw a Peruvian horror film, No Estamos Solos (We are not Alone) that I really enjoyed.

Annabelle was good, although it had very little resemblance to the real Annabelle story (same with The Conjuring). I also enjoyed Annabelle 2 and was pleasantly surprised since most sequels are shit. Good cast including Anthony LaPaglia.

The Spanish know how to do horror. I really enjoyed Veronica. I also recently saw a Peruvian horror film, No Estamos Solos (We are not Alone) that I really enjoyed.

Annabelle was good, although it had very little resemblance to the real Annabelle story (same with The Conjuring). I also enjoyed Annabelle 2 and was pleasantly surprised since most sequels are shit. Good cast including Anthony LaPaglia.

Not sure about the previous mentioned once but will have a look.

As for Annabelle, that shit freaked me the fuck out. So I can only imagine the second one doing the same to me.

The Shining was the scariest movie i've ever seen.

Partly because i was young - partly because of the psychology behind it.

^That's weird. I loved The Shining, but it never really freaked me out. I didn't see it till adulthood though.

In contrast, I can't stand any normal horror films. Blood and gore and jump scare really disturb me.

I really liked Alien even though that series gave me nightmares. I really enjoy sci-fi horror if I enjoy any horror.

Event Horizon straight up disturbed me though. I'll never watch that film again.

I've liked a few modern day horror such as The Conjuring (first time watch) and 'Hereditary' was chilling and made for a wtf....did that just really happen???! horror and really is a remarkable piece of filmaking for a first timer....i'd like to think that if i made a horror it would be fucked up and twisted like that.......as a kid...Jaws scared the living shit out of me....i thought Jaws was gonna come out the plug hole.....

Modern day horrors go too far with special effects blood and gore and really are not the slightest bit scarey....its the psychology behind a horror that grips me and its hard to find some masterfully done, and when they are they don't appeal to the masses...like Hereditary...it sticks with you....especially if you begin reading a bit of stuff behind and about 'King Paimons' so called influence over others....and yes....he really does have huge influence over people...(not me...not yet...) look it up chaps

What have you seen that has rocked you to your core or made you have a "Shit yourself" moment.

Recently it has seen that Annabelle movie, know its not very knew but that movie rocked me a bit and gave me a few nightmares.

And the fact that it had some true aspects to it freaked me the fuck out.
Its that doll isnt it....i love that doll.....only in the conjuring though i'm afraid i found the rest very dissapointing......but i do have my own annabelle doll....i made her myself....took bloody agaes but she is full sized and looks pretty much like the doll sitting in the beginning of the conjuring, expression and all.....i took months studying that and crafting the face......

........she scares the shit out of people....and that is the biggest compliment......people are convinced she's haunted...but i made her so how can she be

Event Horizon straight up disturbed me though. I'll never watch that film again.

dude that movie is so fucked up.

Anywho...I was actually just compiling a list the other day for potential October viewing so I'll paste it here

NSFW:
Hush
It Follows
The Invitation
The Conjuring
Cabin Fever
It Comes at Night
Let Me In
Oculus
The Babadook
Creep
Scream
Halloween
Green Room
The Monster
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Cabin in the Woods
An American Werewolf in London
Rosemarys Baby
A Quiet Place
Hereditary
The Ring
Paranormal Activity
Insidious
The Omen
[rec]
Rosemarys Baby
Poltergeist
Nightmare on Elm Street

im not done with it but it's a good start

A thriller combined with some psychological horror elements would be ~Errementari~ translated to The Blacksmith and the Devil. Now a lot of horror films always has some spirits/exorcism involved bla blah and we already saw this story 1000 times, one that manange somehow to tell it differently it's The Haunting of Hill House or the Rose Red by Stephen King, both are serials but worth watching.

The Shining was the scariest movie i've ever seen.
I didn't care for the movie as much as I liked the book. Thought it was anticlimactic for Jack to freeze to death outside, instead of the hotel going up in a giant boiler explosion like in the book.

BPD help plz said:
'Hereditary' was chilling and made for a wtf....did that just really happen???!

I should probably watch it again since everyone else raved about it. I thought it was kind of boring.

shadybraindamage said:
A thriller combined with some psychological horror elements would be ~Errementari~ translated to The Blacksmith and the Devil. Now a lot of horror films always has some spirits/exorcism involved bla blah and we already saw this story 1000 times, one that manange somehow to tell it differently it's The Haunting of Hill House or the Rose Red by Stephen King, both are serials but worth watching.

Errementari was fun in a campy way. I just finished binging Haunting of Hill House and loved it. Also loved Rose Red, especially after my visit to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California, on which Rose Red is based. Another room was just recently "found" in 2016 in the Winchester Mystery House. Amazing that even over a century later people are still "finding" undiscovered areas of the house. I really like haunted house stories in general.

nothing really scares me like that, but The Autopsy of Jane Doe was really good

and Ju On, the original of The Grudge, that fucking death rattle makes my skin crawl

28 days later (2002) Excellent movie shook me to my core when i first saw it, one of my favourites.

1408 (2007) Seen it so many times still creeps me out though, Nightmare fuel.

The mist (2007) Creepy as fuck movie very unsettling, highly recommend it.

The Shining is really good if you watch it alone. Its a combination of the music and certain scenes which are so quick its like a WTFBBQ moment. Its like tapping into fever nightmares. The book is really fucked up because you get the sense of how screwed up Jack is in the head. Smoke some good sativa and you'll get there.

Also, watch it with the idea that the hotel is alive.

The Shining is a great film. Only someone as talented as Kubrick could direct such an adaptation of Stephen King.

Watched Alien tonight. It's not nearly as horrifying as it was ten years ago. Really enjoyed it though.

Sigourney Weaver barely ages. She looked the same at 30 as she did at 50. I can barely tell she's almost 70 now.

Martyrs is the end-all be all of horror films to me. I won't watch it the whole way through ever again.

Saw series movies are more like gorentertainment.

Begotten is worth a watch but isn't what I'd call a traditional or modern "horror film".