• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Early Recovery

Hi honey,

Yes we're still here.

Good to see you on here. Missed you.

You can do it, we will all be here for you, and yes definitely make a thread, I want somewhere where I can post to you everyday.

Much love Beenbetter.

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Y?all are all still round. If y?all can?t tell when I?m not around I?m running hard. This last run has changed things. Legal probs now. Quitting for real now. Fuck d. It?s gonna kill me or I?ll die in jail. I don?t want either. Gotta get my head clear. I?ll fill y?all in here soon. It?ll take a thread.
Good luck guys!

Love you j, you're the best.

your friend,
Ash.

Ash, you are so sweet! Thanks for making my day! :)

Hope everybody is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Those that can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -- Voltaire

Struggling with the sciatic pain, but hanging in there.

Hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I have learned that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more." C.S. Lewis

Well that just sucks J!! I hope it eventually calms down like mine did.

Proud of you, you're awesome.

Much love,
Ash.

Struggling with the sciatic pain, but hanging in there.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I have learned that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more." C.S. Lewis

Thanks, Ash. Back at ya with kisses from me & DC!

I know that most sciatica is temporary (I've had it in the past) but I'm beginning to think this is chronic. It's been bothering me for several months now. Some days are worse than others, but the pain is more or less constant. Unfortunately the only thing that really helps is (you guessed it) opiate/opioid meds. Could my "inner addict" be playing psychosomatic tricks on me? I'm only half-joking.

I went last week without opes (4 days working) and though it was painful and unpleasant, I survived. I have to be really careful with that shit, so I take a break now & then.

On a positive note, I'm still not drinking and I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 3 months (I do chew nic gum and vape a little). Otherwise, I smoke a little weed and drink a lot of coffee. For me, this is a huge improvement. If you knew me a year ago you wouldn't believe I was even still alive today.

Progress, not perfection!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hey j,

I agree with you re progress not perfection. So many people think they have to be perfect, life isn't like that. Mistakes are allowed and normal.

Yay for you, not drinking and smoking is huge!!! I really hope your pain subsides.

You're doing really well, I hope you know that, I am always here for you.

Love you lots, happy we're friends.

Kisses to you and DC too!!

Love ya,
your friend always,
Ash.
Thanks, Ash. Back at ya with kisses from me & DC!

I know that most sciatica is temporary (I've had it in the past) but I'm beginning to think this is chronic. It's been bothering me for several months now. Some days are worse than others, but the pain is more or less constant. Unfortunately the only thing that really helps is (you guessed it) opiate/opioid meds. Could my "inner addict" be playing psychosomatic tricks on me? I'm only half-joking.

I went last week without opes (4 days working) and though it was painful and unpleasant, I survived. I have to be really careful with that shit, so I take a break now & then.

On a positive note, I'm still not drinking and I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 3 months (I do chew nic gum and vape a little). Otherwise, I smoke a little weed and drink a lot of coffee. For me, this is a huge improvement. If you knew me a year ago you wouldn't believe I was even still alive today.

Progress, not perfection!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Just checking in to let ya'll know I'm still alive. Been busy lately which is both good & bad. Doing OK.

Hope everybody is well and reasonably happy.

Kisses from Dixie Chick, as always!

Peace&Love,
jasper

People use drugs, legal and illegal, because their lives are intolerably painful or dull. They hate their work and find no rest in their leisure. They are estranged from their families and their neighbors. It should tell us something that in healthy societies drug use is celebrative, convivial, and occasional, whereas among us it is lonely, shameful, and addictive. We need drugs, apparently, because we have lost each other.
Wendell Berry

Happy to hear you're doing well, you really are the best.

Kiss Dixie for me, hugs J. Here for you anytime.

Love,
your friend,
Ash.

Love you, too. Hugs and kisses from me & Dixie!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat." -- Will Rogers

Still hanging in there and doing fairly well. Hope everyone else is the same or better.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"For every prohibition you create, you also create an underground." -- Jello Biafra

This new format has me all fucked up. I'm an old fart, resistant to change. Oh well.

I've found that even staying at or below 40mg hydro/oxy daily causes misery for a few days when abstaining. Again, I'm getting old and don't bounce back like I used to. Dammit, I hate pain! That is one way I am very modern. People used to accept pain as a part of life. Not me. I'm agin it.

Hope everybody is well and relatively happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"When I was poor and I complained about inequality people said I was bitter, now I'm rich and complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm starting to think they just don't want to talk about inequality." -- Russell Brand

Jasper. Agree on both all three fronts
new page
40mg of Hydro
and old fart fart does not like pain or withdrawals ( whole unique pain event?:(:poop:)

Hey Jasper!

Sorry you're going through pain. I'm also in the "I hate pain" club. I've had enough for 10 lifetimes.

I have chronic cluster headaches. They're a special kind of hell. They're rare. 1-4% of the world has them. So I could be at a stadium, full of people and be the only one there w this condition.

I mentioned those facts, because due to how rare it us, not alot of study is put into it. No known cause. Or cure.

I hope you're hanging in there and better days are on the horizon. ❤️

Thanks for the replies, Iceman and Stargazer. It's always somewhat comforting to know that we are not alone in our pain.

Hope everyone is relatively well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Democracy as a system has evolved into something that Thomas Jefferson didn't anticipate. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Hey Ash, you doing okay? Haven't heard from you in a while.
Hope all is well.

Peace&Love,
jasper

I'm here honey,
I will always come when called. ; )

And yes things are going well for me. Thank you for asking, you're very kind and my dear friend.

You and Dixie chick staying out of trouble?

;)

Love you jay and kisses for dix, Hope you're having a great springtime, can't wait for summer. Is it hot already where you are?

Love and support and here for you always,
your friend,
Ash.