• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Early Recovery

...and I got cut off somehow!

Anyway, thanks Ash, for being such an upbeat and encouraging person. You are a joy!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"Good people always find goodness in others." -- Debasish Mridha

Awww thanks honey.

Just logged on to say I'm thinking of you. I wanted to say how proud I am of you, you really are the BEST you know.

Everything good in your neck of the woods J?

Much love and support to you my dear friend,
your friend always,
Ash.

...and I got cut off somehow!

Anyway, thanks Ash, for being such an upbeat and encouraging person. You are a joy!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"Good people always find goodness in others." -- Debasish Mridha

Hi Ash! I was thinking of you, too. Thanks for the kind words. Everything's hunky-dory here. My job is wearing me out, but I love it. Working with 2 others(that I know of) in recovery so that is icing on the cake.

How are you? I hope all is well. Keep up the great work of being your fine, sweet self!

Peace&Love,
jasper

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Hello hon,

I am so glad things are going so well for you jasper. You deserve nothing but happiness and good things in your life. You are a bright light around here and I always love coming here and seeing a message from you.

My life is in a state of constant awareness of this war on chronic pain patients, and it's scary for us. So, just living day to day, you know? Trying to stay positive, things could always be worse. I really do try to look at all the good things in my life, and I'm happy for people like you that I can count on as a good friend.

So I'm pretty lucky, despite the chronic pain.

Btw, that Dangerfield joke cracked me up, gave me a flashback to that Joe Dirt movie, the scene where his parents drive him to the Grand Canyon in that shit station wagon and he's in the trash can when he wakes up and they're gone!!!.Bahaha!!! Classic.

Joe-Dirt-2001-movie-David-Spade-1.jpg

Love you j.
Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Hi Ash! I was thinking of you, too. Thanks for the kind words. Everything's hunky-dory here. My job is wearing me out, but I love it. Working with 2 others(that I know of) in recovery so that is icing on the cake.

How are you? I hope all is well. Keep up the great work of being your fine, sweet self!

Peace&Love,
jasper

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Funny! Somehow I never saw that movie. Should I put it on my list?

So sorry about your chronic pain and the additional burden society puts on you. Like you need that shit on top of hurting!

I'm experiencing a lot of pain from my sciatica these days. It's a bitch because nothing over the counter helps much at all. I try to do some stretching exercises daily, but that hurts too and I'm not sure it's helping any. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking into chiropractors. I've read mixed reviews of meds like Neurontin and Lyrica, so I'm a bit wary of them. I don't have a doctor anyway, so it's a moot point right now.

Keep me posted on how you're doing. Always a pleasure to read your posts. Love you!

Peace&Love,
jasper

"I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain." -- George Carlin

So sorry about your chronic pain and the additional burden society puts on you. Like you need that shit on top of hurting!

I'm experiencing a lot of pain from my sciatica these days. It's a bitch because nothing over the counter helps much at all. I try to do some stretching exercises daily, but that hurts too and I'm not sure it's helping any. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking into chiropractors. I've read mixed reviews of meds like Neurontin and Lyrica, so I'm a bit wary of them. I don't have a doctor anyway, so it's a moot point right now.

Keep me posted on how you're doing. Always a pleasure to read your posts. Love you!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Ya. One of Spade's personal best.

Oh my god j!! You HAVE to see it!!! Really juvenile humor but it's fucking hilarious!!!! Dennis Miller's in it too and the 2 of them together are so funny!!

Let me know what you think after you see it, but I'm warning you, its not rocket science. Lol!!!

Love you,
Ash.

P.S, I sincerely hope your sciatica calms down, mine was bad a few months back but then one day it had settled, I wish the same for you. xo

Peace&Love,
jasper

I'm experiencing a lot of pain from my sciatica these days.

This is NOT a commercial but I want to just drop this. I was going to mention Ayurvedic ideas or even TCM but one might find them "foreign" I guess compared to synthetic drugs and Western Medicine.

So whatever you take from this I mainly want to share it as it contains the words all in one place as related to sciatica.

Wish you wellness.

https://archive.org/details/HRB335_Ayurveda_Arthritis_05_Chinese_Medicine_TCM

Hahaha, absolutely Save!!! And the way Miller eviscerates him in the movie is a beautiful thing to watch!!!!

And let's not forget Kid Rock!!! Lol, hope you're having a wonderful day my friend!!!

Oh yeah, there's another funny/slash stupid movie you should see if you haven't, Save and J. It's with Norm Macdonald and Artie Lange and it's called Dirty Work. Another dumbbell classic!!! Lol!!!

Your friend,
Ash.

Ya. One of Spade's personal best.

Thanks to both of you, for the silly movie recommendations and the sciatica treatment suggestions. Will look into them.

Hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

Here for you anytime my friend.

Love ya,
Ash.

Thanks to both of you, for the silly movie recommendations and the sciatica treatment suggestions. Will look into them.

Hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

Just popping by to see how you're doing J.

Thinking of you my friend and I hope you're doing well.

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

I'm well. Thanks for asking, Ash. Right now I'm running the Cajun restaurant by myself. Obviously I'm not terribly busy.

How are you?

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I really like Thanksgiving. Love the food, of course (both cooking it and eating it), but also like to focus on all I have to be grateful for. Like the fact that I'm alive, which is a miracle in itself. Also I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clean water to drink, and quite a few friends. And my dog Dixie Chick, who never ceases to amuse me and show me tons of affection.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for." -- Epicurus

I could have SWORN I replied but I see I haven't. Sorry j.

I'm hanging in there, you know the story, the life of a chronic pain patient and all that glamorous shit. Lol.

Look at you running the restaurant!!!!!!, man you have come a long way!!! I can't think of many others that are as awesome as you j!!!! You're killing it, I really do hope you see how much you've accomplished. Lovely to watch.

I'm so proud of you.

Kisses to Dixie Chick for me. ; )

Much love my dear friend,
Ash.

I'm well. Thanks for asking, Ash. Right now I'm running the Cajun restaurant by myself. Obviously I'm not terribly busy.

How are you?

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I really like Thanksgiving. Love the food, of course (both cooking it and eating it), but also like to focus on all I have to be grateful for. Like the fact that I'm alive, which is a miracle in itself. Also I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clean water to drink, and quite a few friends. And my dog Dixie Chick, who never ceases to amuse me and show me tons of affection.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for." -- Epicurus

Believe me, Ash, Dixie Chick would love to kiss you back! She is a really kissy dog-- she'll lick your face for as long as you will put up with it.

So I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that my sciatica became unbearable and I went for the quick fix: I bought some 10mg hydrocodone pills. I know this is not the best option for me. Definitely not a permanent solution, but that's what I'm doing for now. I take them sparingly. I am shopping for an affordable chiropractor and doing some online research about sciatica. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

The good news is that I've gone over six months without a drink. This is huge. Although I abused a lot of drugs (including heroin and methamphetamine), alcohol caused me more problems by far than all the other drugs put together. It's been years since I've gone this long without drinking. I'm not even getting cravings anymore-- just fleeting thoughts now & then. So yeah, I'm doing pretty good.

I hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." -- H.L. Mencken

I am sad to hear your sciatica is not behaving J!!! Yes see a chiro, or a good massage therapist, but a real one. ; )

Do not beat yourself up about the pain relief, I get it.

Congrats on the 6 months with no booze, that's awesome j!!!

Love and support to you always,
your friend,
Ash.
Believe me, Ash, Dixie Chick would love to kiss you back! She is a really kissy dog-- she'll lick your face for as long as you will put up with it.

So I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that my sciatica became unbearable and I went for the quick fix: I bought some 10mg hydrocodone pills. I know this is not the best option for me. Definitely not a permanent solution, but that's what I'm doing for now. I take them sparingly. I am shopping for an affordable chiropractor and doing some online research about sciatica. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

The good news is that I've gone over six months without a drink. This is huge. Although I abused a lot of drugs (including heroin and methamphetamine), alcohol caused me more problems by far than all the other drugs put together. It's been years since I've gone this long without drinking. I'm not even getting cravings anymore-- just fleeting thoughts now & then. So yeah, I'm doing pretty good.

I hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." -- H.L. Mencken

Thanks, Ash.
I don't feel guilty about taking pain meds; I just know I must be very very careful with them.

How is your pain treating you these days? I hope you're doing okay. Dixie sends her kisses!

Peace&Love,
jasper

"We do survive every moment, after all, except the last one." -- John Updike

Checking in on you J.

I am doing ok. Thanks for asking. You are a good friend.

How's the pain lately, better I hope? Everything good on your end? Thinking of you and Dixie Chick!!!

What are your plans for the holidays?

Love ya,
Your friend,
Ash.
Thanks, Ash.
I don't feel guilty about taking pain meds; I just know I must be very very careful with them.

How is your pain treating you these days? I hope you're doing okay. Dixie sends her kisses!

Peace&Love,
jasper

"We do survive every moment, after all, except the last one." -- John Updike

You good J?,

Thinking of you and haven't seen you around in a few days. I hope you're having a great day because YOU are the greatest!!!

Love you,
your friend,
Ash.