• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Early Recovery

Love you too, Ash. Hope you're doing well.

Is anybody else enjoying great fall weather? It is awesome here-- Sunny, breezy, and 70F -- couldn't ask for nicer weather. Makes me even more glad to be alive and sober.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Do you live each day as if it's your first or your last? Either way you should probably have a diaper on." -- Ellen Degeneres

Last edited:
I won't be online for a couple of days so I wanted to give a shout out to everybody.

Hey!

I hope everyone is well and reasonably happy. I love you all.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"We don't see things the way they are. We see them the way we are." -- Talmud

Thanks for letting us know J, we love you too.

your friend,
Ash.

I won't be online for a couple of days so I wanted to give a shout out to everybody.

Hey!

I hope everyone is well and reasonably happy. I love you all.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"We don't see things the way they are. We see them the way we are." -- Talmud

Thanks, Ash. You are way cool.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." -- Thomas Jefferson

You're my little buddy now, I gotta keep tabs on you. ; )

In all seriousness,
you know I'm always going to be here for you,
your friend,
Ash.

Thanks, Ash. You are way cool.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." -- Thomas Jefferson

Oh btw, I'm 5 months clean&sober today!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I have no objection to anyone's sex life as long as they don't practice it in the street and frighten the horses." -- Oscar Wilde

html5

giphy.gif

xo J,
Ash.

Oh btw, I'm 5 months clean&sober today!

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I have no objection to anyone's sex life as long as they don't practice it in the street and frighten the horses." -- Oscar Wilde

Last edited:
Hey Jasper, just wanted to post and thank you for your thread and the encouragement it gives us fighting to get clean (chronic relapser here.) Also wanted to say I love your banter about the south, accents, vocabulary, etc. I live in GA (born and raised!) in a very small town between Atlanta and Athens, most people consider this the sticks. My ex and former in laws live up in the N GA mountains now and your talk about the vocabulary really struck a cord because I realized they stopped saying y'all and started saying you'uns when they moved (among other differences but it makes since they are closer to the Appalachian Mtns so they have the "mountain hoogie" accent now as they call it rather than plan redneck LOL!)

Anyway you are a true inspiration and I will keep following your story as long as you are posting!

With love,
Emily

Thanks again, Ash! You are such a sweetheart.

And thanks for the kind words, Emily! Always good to hear from a neighbor. I, too, was a chronic relapser for many years. I finally just got fed up with all the bullshit. Jails, ICUs, being broke...and on top of it all, the booze and dope just weren't really working for me anymore. I was chasing a dead dragon. Not that I don't get an urge now & then, especially when I'm in pain. But overall sobriety is much more satisfying than the way I was existing before. Best wishes in your endeavors. Stay in touch with recovering people!

Hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." -- Oscar Wilde

Anytime J,

I am really happy you are doing so well. You're so awesome, I hope you know that, try to be kind and patient with yourself.

I hope you're having a great day!!! ;)

Big hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Right now, exactly one year ago today, I was sitting in jail. By morning I'd be going through withdrawals, which would last throughout my two-week stay there.

My life is not ideal, but it is a helluva lot better than it was then.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Life isn't about finding yourself. It is about creating yourself." -- George Bernard Shaw

Hey jasper! Just swinging by here to tell you that you're kicking ass! :D

I just realized you're in Chattanooga...you're VERY close to me! We have a lot of TN BLers it seems...

You're so awesome J,

You give people here hope and kindness and those are really important things.

And no one's life is ideal, we just have to make the best of what we're given. And that's what you're doing. Massive congrats my dear friend!!!

Love and support always,
your friend,
Ash.

Right now, exactly one year ago today, I was sitting in jail. By morning I'd be going through withdrawals, which would last throughout my two-week stay there.

My life is not ideal, but it is a helluva lot better than it was then.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Life isn't about finding yourself. It is about creating yourself." -- George Bernard Shaw

Thanks lady, thanks Ash! Y'all are way cool.

Hope everyone is well and reasonably happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." -- George Burns

It just occurred to me that this Thanksgiving I will be 3 days shy of six months clean&sober. I didn't plan this. If I had, I would have checked into detox 3 days sooner.

Hmmm...

No, I'm sure I wouldn't have.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them." -- Lenny Bruce

You're so awesome J!!!!

It makes me really happy to see you doing so well, make sure you're kind and patient with yourself, I am SO proud of you!!!

Keep up the kick ass job you're doing my dear friend.

xo,
your friend,
Ash.

It just occurred to me that this Thanksgiving I will be 3 days shy of six months clean&sober. I didn't plan this. If I had, I would have checked into detox 3 days sooner.

Hmmm...

No, I'm sure I wouldn't have.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them." -- Lenny Bruce