Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The OFFICAL Anime Appreciation Megathread! vers Moshi Moshi

@3,4-dihydroxyphen: i gotta ask cause your post was spot on and much agreed (not taking away from how anyone enjoys the series)...

did you find the ending to be anti-climactic in anyway?

I actually thought the ending was pretty great. The appropriate way to end the series. A lot of people were really down on the second "half" of the series, but I thought that for the most part it was really good. The major gripe I would have is that the second half was significantly abbreviated for whatever reason, and as a result Near, and especially Melo, did not receive some of the crucial development they needed as characters. Apparently Melo was much more fleshed out in the manga, but in the show he was just sort of this random guy who came along doing chaotic shit every once in a while, and he never received any sort of significant character development at all as far as I can recall.

The final showdown itself was excellent, however.

Also, I preferred Baccano to Durrarara by large margin. Baccano is one of those rare anime where the English dub is actually better than the native Japanese (as in, the English voice acting itself is superior to yhe Japanese voice acting in this case). I loved that series. Durrarara had a lot of peaks and valleys for me. I loved some characters, but found others to be nearly intolerable. The series was a "meh" to me overall.

SheWasLvl18 said:
I may be wrong, but I believe the manga was supposed to end at a earlier point and because of it's popularity was forced to keep going

this must be what i was picking up on. thank you.

@3,4-dihydroxyphen: thanks for the response. i thought the second half was great. i didn't read the manga but that makes more sense as far as Near and Melo are concerned. i don't like having to plug in what i already know about anime and manga when the anime comes up short but it gets the job done so agreed on the fleshing out of those two.

@tathra: thanks for the sites. too much good stuff to get in to. desperately waiting to see Sword Art Online: Alicization. finding the original anime was beyond words. i watched it on a whim, something to fill the day. never thought my enjoyment of anime would be boosted again until i first watched it. looks like they're up to episode 6 already. cant' find it on netflix or prime. the movie wasn't too shabby. no one ever leaves those divers from SAO alone in this series.

@opiodsoveragain: just got done watching first episode for second season of fate extra last encore. like the last seasons and series before this one it starts off full throttle. i enjoyed the more fluid animation, story and just about everything. the ending credits scene was much better imo. i skipped over the beginning ones cause i'm a dummy. :\

@SheWasLvl18: no Made In Abyss yet. still working on second season and two movies off the manga.

not much this season that looks good

one punch man s2
kenja no mago
YU NO
zoku owarimonogatari
ultraman

leftovers from last season
shield bro
karakuri circus
jojo5

will check out
fairy gone
gunjou no magmel
mayonaka no occult koumuin
kimetsu no yaiba

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san, i just watched this the other week and liked, i read the manga a couple years ago and had no idea an anime had been made

Not sure if I have started a similar thread before but if there are any anime lovers like myself here's a thread for it. Stuff currently on your playlist.

I'm currently busy with the following
Dororo
Boruto
Hell girl
Fate kaleid liner prisma illya spesial
Ikkitousen
Shingeki no Kyojin
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Violet evergreen
Zero kara Hajimeru mahou no Who

Just to name a few..

Any suggestions would be welcome too

One Piece and Bleach both have special places in my heart.

DBZ used to be on the list, but I honestly think I just kind of grew out of that one.

Dbz use to be cool in my younger days but now its like the sesame street anime that I watch now. If the anime isn't higher then 16 then I don't even bother watching it.

Also the whole fate stay night franchise that started from that original series was one of my favourites.

Dororo is really keeping me captivated ATM so can't wait to see how it ends.

Think I know what you trying to say. Will use the search function in the future. My apologies...

So what animes are everybody watching nowadays?
Well personally I would suggest doromo, not completed yet but screaming good story so far and that and I will advise anything from the beginning fate stay night up utill where it is now with all its movies and OVAs and hidden series. Just make sure to keep track of what's going on.

mods need to merge all the animu threads

i'm ready for summer season to start, spring season kinda sucked. can't wait for symphogear s5 to air in a few weeks, and for made in abyss s2 and re:zero s2 to get air dates

well I started watching Dr stone and Vinland Saga and enjoying them so far also finished the whole Bungou Stray Dogs 3 Series and enjoyed that immensely. So just some anime shows to look out for those anime lovers out there

Here's a question to bump the anime thread back into existence lol even though it's probably already been discussed at some point within these 25 pages since 2003...

Subs or dubs?

I know I'm gonna piss a lot of anime "purists" off, but I prefer dubs. People say they can read subtitles without missing any action... well I'm not one of those people lol I agree that sometimes the voice acting is terrible. And a lot of dubs aren't translated perfectly (to match the mouth flaps I assume). But I rather just watch and listen. English dubs with the original translated English subtitles can be interesting though to see how much they changed.

only i’ve ever watched both ways is Ghost in the Shell. the subtitles are better dialogue. the stilted nonsense major or sarge or whatever her name is says about diving isn’t so bad in the subtitled translation.

i watch my favorite foreign movies without the subtitles sometimes. because they absolutely pull your sight to the bottom of the screen, and that’s no way to watch a film.

only i’ve ever watched both ways is Ghost in the Shell. the subtitles are better dialogue. the stilted nonsense major or sarge or whatever her name is says about diving isn’t so bad in the subtitled translation.

i watch my favorite foreign movies without the subtitles sometimes. because they absolutely pull your sight to the bottom of the screen, and that’s no way to watch a film.

I love Ghost in the Shell! I like that the bluray offers the original translated subtitles over the English dub. It's fun to see the differences sometimes. But I agree, that's no way to watch a film. Maybe I just need to learn some new languages lol

@Delusional Thomas is your username a reference to that Mac Miller tape? I'm not much for rap but that EP tape he did was pretty damn good. I had an opportunity to see him perform on my birthday one year but I was sick as a dog and didn't use the ticket. Now he's dead. Bummer...

I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion recently. Very good stuff. For weeks I didn't really know how I felt about it, and that's a good thing. Totally worth checking out.

@Delusional Thomas is your username a reference to that Mac Miller tape? I'm not much for rap but that EP tape he did was pretty damn good. I had an opportunity to see him perform on my birthday one year but I was sick as a dog and didn't use the ticket. Now he's dead. Bummer...

I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion recently. Very good stuff. For weeks I didn't really know how I felt about it, and that's a good thing. Totally worth checking out.

Exactly where my username came from lol I was a big fan. I decided not to go to one of his shows a long time ago because I was trying to save money at the time. His latest tour was coming to my city and I was 100% going. Sadly he didn't even get to start that tour... ?‍♂️

I remember watching a few episodes of Evangelion in my teens and it was pretty good. Not sure why I never watched the entire series. I'll have to add it to the never ending list lol I know it was a classic loved by many.