• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do Invega Sustenna or Effexor block mushroom effects at all?

Well at least you're alright lol Might want to put the meds in a different spot from now on

Once a friend told me I could get a 2mg xanax out of his bottle, but we had already taken some before so this 2 mg must have blacked me out. Apparently, he went to sleep after and my other friends said every 30 min I would be like, "hey did I get that bar yet?" and they weren't paying attention so by the end of the night I had eaten the last 7 bars and needless to say didn't remember anything lol

oh wow, I'm just scared I was going to die? I was like I ATE 11 PILLS???

Yeah I don't know a lot about it, but all I could find online said it would be around 2500 mg to be fatal, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I think the fact that it's time-release is helping too because I don't believe all 11 pills are hitting at once

thank you for helping calm me down, like I just wanted someone to explain what was happening to me.

440mg of vyvanse is equivalent to approximately ~200mg of adderall or dexedrine.

Published LD50 values for amphetamine seem to vary wildly, but a normal-weight adult human should be pretty unlikely to die from a 2-3 mg/kg oral dose of amphetamine, especially if they already have some degree of amphetamine tolerance...

Well if anyone was wondering, I called poison control and they said I’m in the clear and I should be fine :)

Just to report that I was still able to trip while taking Effexor and Invega Sustenna. It didn't have the euphoria that it used to have for me but it was still quite a strong experience on 6g of mushrooms. It's possible that the medications require me to take a higher dose of mushrooms than I otherwise would have had too because when I took 3.5g in the past it was quite mild.

glad to hear it worked out for you. that's a new piece of info, that effexor doesn't block it much.

be mindful of how much you take, even though you can't get some of the euphoria because of the receptor being blocked, your body still has to filter the mushrooms out of you. they're a fungi and they're poison so know your limits.

not saying i told you so, just to repeat mushrooms are the only one on invega/xeplion that are even close to being the same before taking that med. be safe and have fun if you do again.

@hoffsteader: like i said i would i did the research myself this time and this is more accurate info.

all these names science gives something and in different countries too. it's just hard to keep track of. if any one wants to know what i'm talking about just look up list of psych meds on wikipedia (it's a reference tool, not a know all and end all). that's not all of it either. you don't have to read each one, just skim to the bottom but just to show you how many different versions of Effexor were made:

As of June 2017 venlafaxine was marketed under many brand names worldwide, many with alternative extended release forms (not shown): Adoxa, Alfaxin, Alventa, Alventa, Amfax, Anapresin, Ansifix, Arafaxina, Argofan, Arvifax, Axone, Axyven, Blossom, Calmdown, Conervin, Convalemin, Dalium, Defaxine, Depant, Depefex, Depressa, Depretaxer, Deprevix, Deprexor, Deprixol, Depurol, Desinax, Dislaven, Dobupal, Easyfor, Ectien, Eduxon, Efaxin, Efaxine, Efectin, Efegen, Efetrin, Efevelon, Efexiva, Efexor, Effegad, Effexine, Effexor, Elafax, Elify, Enlafax, Falven, Faxigen, Faxine, Faxiprol, Faxiven, Faxolet, Flaxen, Fobiless, Foraven, Ganavax, Genexin, Idixor, Idoxen, Illovex, Ivrix, Ivryx, Ixilania, Jarvis, Lafactin, Lafaxin, Lanvexin, Levest, Mazda, Melocin, Memomax, Mezine, Mollome, Nefexyl, Nervix, Norafexine, Norezol, Norezor, Norpilen, Novidat, Noviser, Odiven, Olwexya, Oriven, Paxifar, Politid, Pracet, Pramina, Prefaxine, Quilarex, Rafax, Senexon, Sentidol, Sentosa, Serosmin, Seroxine, Sesaren, Subelan, Sunveniz, Sunvex, Symfaxin, Tedema, Tifaxin, Tonpular, Trevilor, Tudor, Valosine, Vandral, Velaf, Velafax, Velahibin, Velaxin, Velept, Velpine, Ven-Fax, Venax, Venaxibene, Venaxol, Venaxx, Vencontrol, Vendep, Venegis, Venex, Venexor, Venfalex, Venfax, Venfaxime, Venforspine, Veniba, Veniz, Venjoy, Venla, Venlabacher, Venlabax, Venlabrain, Venlaburg, Venladex, Venladoz, Venlaf, Venlafab, Venlafaxin, Venlafaxina, Venlafaxine, Venlafaxinum, Venlafectin, Venlagamma, Venlalic, Venlamax, Venlamylan, Venlaneo, Venlanofi, Venlapine, Venlasand, Venlatif, Venlatrin, Venlax, Venlaxin, Venlaxine, Venlaxor, Venlectine, Venlexor, Venlifax, Venlift, Venlix, Venlobax, Venlofex, Venlor, Venoxor, Venozap, Venxin, Venxor, Vexamode, Vfax, Viepax, Voxafen, Xadevil, Xapnev, Zacalen, Zanfexa, Zaredrop, Zarelis, Zarelix, and Zenexo.

i think i drove one of those once. haha.

on topic: there are 3 things i would like to bring to your attention.

1. there is a withdrawal symptom that is commonly associated with many SSRI's but occurs in people more so who withdraw from Effexor.

2. Effexor and Invega do share some receptors in common that are targeted by both.

3. not only do general research but also research into drug interactions. specifically St John's Wort and regluar OTC remedies. these seem to bring some complications for some.

i think i'll address the rest of this in a PM with you.

Last edited:
"Effexor is Prozac"? What are you talking about?

The active compound in Effexor is venlafaxine, the one in prozac is fluoxetine. That's never been different.

And no, neither of them really is "one of the industry's cash cows" anymore, since they've both been off-patent for years now.

Re: Combining paliperidone with prozac (or effexor), the interactions between these drugs are fairly well-understood.
That is because paliperidone is simply the active metabolite of the older antipsychotic, risperidone. When you ingest risperidone orally, it has to pass through the liver, where it is converted to 9-hydroxy-risperidone, aka paliperidone. When you inject the drug intramuscularly, you don't have this "first-pass-effect", meaning it takes longer for the depot injection form of risperidone to build up a high enough level of paliperidone in the blood, which is why paliperidone is being marketed as a superior alternative for depot injections.

Once you've built up a sufficient level of paliperidone in your bloodstream though, the difference between risperidone and an equivalent dose of paliperidone are basically nil; consequently, there is going to be little to no difference between how they interact with other meds.

before i got some food and did some research myself i left a note of edit that i would get more accurate info later and apologized for passing this one off on someone else. the post has been edited to reflect this.

1. i got that part after i did the research myself.

2. cash cow is a very accurate word for people prescribing some of these medications in order to make money. it's both psychiatry and pharmaceutical companies. just because one company doesn't hold exclusive rights doesn't mean multiple pharmaceutical companies and many psychiatrists aren't trying to make money for themselves. in this case the combined efforts of a lot of careless people.

3. paliperidone is the active metabolite in both invega and risperidone but they are not completely the same. if they were then why did they need to make both, why not just one?!

4. their is a huge difference between injecting paliperidone and ingesting it. interactions between meds and different substances are just the first step. how they interact with the brain and body both individually and simultaneously is another factor to take into account.

Last edited:
Thanks for the research invegauser. That's a lot of different names for the same thing! I'm familiar with the withdrawal effects of Effexor since the time that I quit the medication in the past. It's not fun but it's bearable, imo.

As to how much money these medications make for the pharmaceutical industry I have no idea.

I checked out one site about interactions between effexor and invega and apparently it is because of an increased risk of irregular heartbeat. The risk was rated as moderate. I wasn't aware of this.

Damn these medications! Hoping to be medication free one day.

your welcome.

not all meds are bad nor are all people. i prefer not to advocate for or against psychiatry and meds, it's important people find what works and that's what i support.

i don't like playing into the stigma on either side but it has become evident today that there is some careless actions taken by some that end up turning a profit plus in america that is one way out health care system supports the federal government. sad and disgraceful no matter what way you look at it.

if you decide to come off invega and notice some heart problems please keep in mind it is typical towards the end of the comedown and nothing severe or life threatening. palpitations and some dizzyness occur from this. taking one aspirin a day wont hurt your over all health and has been known to help during those times. so does drinking plenty of water.

I checked out one site about interactions between effexor and invega and apparently it is because of an increased risk of irregular heartbeat. The risk was rated as moderate. I wasn't aware of this.

A lot of meds alter your cardiac rhythms (more specifically, they prolong the QT interval). That list includes not just antipsychotics and antidepressants, but also antibiotics, antifungals, recreational drugs, diuretics, anticancer drugs and even OTC antihistamines...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug-induced_QT_prolongation

However, at normal therapeutic doses, this isn't really an issue for an individual with a healthy heart - you're probably at a greater risk of getting a heart attack from your morning coffee.

^ ya know what, you seem to be pretty smart if not resourceful.

i was wondering if you ever had an idea for a thread about the cons of taking any kind of pill? not a bashing thread but an informational one.

i know there is a technicality that still exists today: medicine, pill and tab.

what i was getting at is the actual toll it takes on a person. it alters ones state of being in general with pretty much any medication one takes. i believe it does so not only to the body but the brain as well. albeit so small it's practically irrelevant to most like what you were saying. taking all these medications (even non mental illness related) has become a norm but it's gotta be doing something not right to people.

i'm hesitant to add supplements to the list because it would be a stretch but idk.

what are your thoughts on the topic?

I have come out completely hunderd percent
Hi am sharvan and i have done PHD research in medicine and i was injected with invega before four months for alcohol addiction and after which i lost interest in sex and cant feel love and cant get any human feeling and cant get high with smoke or drink or any thing and lost interest in music , dance and all hobbies
After research i found that dopaime pathway in D2 in mesolimbic pathway is blocked and that changes the chemical imbalance in neurons in brain permanently
And consulted many doctors but no use then i contacted brain surgeons and scientist across globe and found that we need dopamine inhibitors to fix that problem
And so just with in three days i was completely heeled back to normal
Just take pacitane 2mg 1-0-1
Pacitane drug explanation:
Trihexyphenidyl is used for the symptomatic treatment of?Parkinson's disease?in mono and combination therapy. It is active in?postencephalitic,?arteriosclerotic, and?idiopathic?forms. The drug is also commonly used to treat?extrapyramidal?side effects occurring during?antipsychotic?treatment.?
Stablon 1-0-0
Drug stablon explanation :
In contrast to most SSRIs and tricyclic antidepressants, tianeptine modestly enhances the?mesolimbic?release of?dopamine[45]?and potentiates?CNS?D2?and?D3receptors,[46]?but it is also unclear how this occurs because tianeptine has no affinity for the?dopamine transporter?or the?dopamine receptors.[9]

Honestly I would recommend going to the hospital if only to ask for a valium or something to calm you and your heart down. I don't really know if they would do this, but I'm sure if you explained it was an accident they would understand the danger of the situation.

They won't believe it for the sake of money they'll detain diagnose and drug you. However if you can go to court (which usually the shrinks take you to if you refuse expensive meds) then you can have your own word in a court of law

I'm on invega the shots and I absolutely can not get high on what is really good product everybody can get high as fuck and meth doesn't have the euphoria effect I love. Its with the dopamine antagonist part of invega the receptors dont even get where their going I'm no expert trust me but I do know they fucked up my fun lol

I have such tolerance to most drugs by now naturally, i wouldn't feel effects from a whole box of invega but when i am bored of my trip, i take a whole bunch of seroquel, which i still do feel