• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

constantine/hellblazer

invegauser

Bluelighter
idk if this is the right forum, please move this to the right one if need be.

trying to find something specific to watch and not having any luck on the net. any help in where to find this would be much appreciated.

i need to find these 3 things.

1. HellBlazer (2013) and HellBlazer - The Soul Play (2014)

2. anything else series or movie related that i haven't seen. (see what i've seen/read)

3. also is there a constantine 2 with keanu reeves coming out or not? everyone keeps forgetting to update release dates.

what i've seen/read:

almost all comic books on constantine/hellblazer

constantine movie (2005) starring keanu reeves

constantine t.v. series (2014) on NBC starring matt ryan

Justice League Dark (2017) animated movie

what i know is out/coming out:

constantine: city of demons ( 2018 ) animated series (i'm waiting to watch it cause it's popular today to start making t.v. shows and then put them on hold half way through)

what i know in general:

i know about Swamp Thing, i watched the original Swamp Thing movie from the 80's and i don't read Swamp Thing comics (no offense).

it's published by american companies, DC/Vertigo. it's a collaboration of american and british writing/drawings.

keanu didn't fit the specific character but he didn't totally kill the enjoyment for me.

i thought the NBC series and matt ryan were perfect except it was NBC so it has too low of a t.v. rating. would've been way better at least with a true R rating.

Constantine is now on Netflix

i don't watch Arrow so i don't want to watch Arrow or the crossovers it has.

i don't like playing video games of things i watch/read. <--- i know, i suck.

i just want to find these 3 things if you could help me out. thank you.

1. HellBlazer (2013) and HellBlazer - The Soul Play (2014)

2. anything else series or movie related that i haven't seen. (see what i've seen/read)

3. also is there a constantine 2 with keanu reeves coming out or not? everyone keeps forgetting to update release dates.

Last edited:
I don't watch Arrow either. Checked out the first season with someone who loved it and stayed with it, but I didn't. Maybe it was DC's fault or maybe I'm just not that big of a geek to watch superhero tv shows. Not saying you need to be one and I did enjoy Daredevil actually now that I think of it.

Constantine 2 got abandoned no? Did JLD ever bring it back? Ask Looper on YouTube.

I also don't like playing video games, I don't play them anymore but I once did and greatly enjoyed them.

Fell away from tv too really however I just got a VCR and some tv programs on video but they are non-fiction. Food for the mind I suppose.

I still greatly love cinema though.

Weird post but I replied. Very niche I suppose.

right, the movies are pretty decent, the shows not so much.

i will, thanks.

i am a gamer (among many other things) but it's the games based off of some other media i enjoy that don't do it for me. kinda like meeting your hero.

haha, i have one of those and a dvd. i think they both are about to be extinct.

me too. story telling for the modern era.

i'm weirder :p. thank you, i expected this thread to not make the cut from the pruning but figured i'd try. devils in the details.

My guess would be no. There might be some sort of live action Justice League Dark as I guess Del Toro is in discussion, but if they already did an animated series then probably not. But probably we are going to see Swamp Thing before that happens (which they are already doing a TV series on. And Keanu basically is John Wick now. So there is Wick 3 and the TV show.

I would hazard a guess that the movie was a singular cult classic in its own right. I enjoyed it for a number of reasons. I just don't think the castings would be as good, it seems very singular to get all those people in the same movie.

Now if we could get some sort of Lovecraft movie off the ground (I guess Hellboy counts). I think there is still room for Keanu in some super big action movie 200 million+
(Dune is coming out...he won't be in it)

thank you.

no offense against keanu, i would prefer matt ryan as he already did the tv series here for NBC channel. plus he fits more of the role from the comics (if they'd let him off the chain with foul language and being cheeky). think i peeped a pic of collin farrell taking the role though.

live action JLD yet to be determined, looked up some of it. did not know they were a comic series... holy s**t. thought it was a cartoon movie spinoff into live action.

swamp thing huh? i remember the 80's movie (and the toxic avengers movie and cartoon show, copying him) but did not know they were re-doing it. got some pretty decent actors it looks like. the old series wasn't too bad considering it was the 80's and all.
i wonder if constantine cuts that tree birthmark off his butt will him and swamp thing not be connected anymore?

John Wick 3 Parabellum cannot come fast enough. the tv series seems to be based around the continental and not sure if John Wick makes a full time appearance but supposedly does make a cameo. still should be good but i'm partial to assassin's genre. they say the movies and show will exist side by side which is a plus. STARZ channel is taking control of it all with some people in the biz associated with the movies.
http://collider.com/john-wick-tv-series-starz-the-continental/#images

Lovecraft? did somebody say Lovecraft?? hell yeah!

Last edited:
I would like to see some sort of new direction for Hollywood. There really isn't much coming out in the next two years that isnt already a pre-existing franchise. I mention Dune, because I truly think Denis V is the only person left, making anything decent. And even then...there is a lack of Kubrick polish in movies today. We definitely need something big that everyone goes to see. I think its TV now thats sort of replaced those big movies, LOTR, The Matrix. Lots of movies are pretty niche now.

eyes sorries, i forgot you posting about dune. idk what came over me. i gotta go and take care of something but i wanna check out this stuff when i get back.

agreed on the slacking off on hollywoods part lately. too many remakes, reboots, no creativity or imagination. i think they are trying to go with the go tos, something solid to make money. you notice how quiet a few big name actors are doing tv shows now or tv series on movie channels like HBO and STARZ. seems the last dip in the economy started bringing the stars to tv and streaming shows for dependable work lately imo.

dune is coming out with a new movie...yes!! i hope it has the attention to details the last one did. most excellent considering what they had to work with back then. (no, i'm not going to compare the movies to the books, no worries.)

speaking of lovecraft. i watched a preview for "Blue My Mind" on prime yesterday. coming of age story about a swiss girl becoming a mermaid. not the typical my lil mermaid story either. seemed semi interesting.

the new dune movie is being directed by denis villeneuve, same guy who did the latest blade runner. not sure how i feel about that. blade runner 2049 had the feel to the original in ambience but i couldn't get into it much because of the lack of substance. the throwbacks to the original and fulfilling of certain story parts was pretty sweet. it's going to be hard to live up to the fans expectations of dune but we wont be able to watch it until 2020 or 2021 at the latest. he is planning on two Dune movies so far, the first one being one half of the first book.

back on guillermo del toro, he has quiet a few movies i really enjoyed (the hobbit, pacific rim, hellboy, pans labyrinth, blade 2 and even one of the simpsons tree house of horror episodes). i watched the animated justice league dark and it was a good effort on trying to blend the pure justice league aspects with the dark side of the heroes who use magic and especially constantine. it wasn't fantastic but it worked. del toro might jut pull this one off.

the new constantine city of demons animated was classic hellblazer works through and through. it was the web series consolidated into one movie. wicked.

Last edited: