• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Had a dream as to why humans can't understand animals..

~kira~

Bluelighter
This was a bizarre dream. I can't put it into words as it exactly happened, and it also seemed so real!

So, in this dream, I was getting ready to hangout with some friends, we had hung out for a bit in my dream, I think at a club which is not my favorite place to be. Oh, for some reason this club was out in the wilderness. So, as we walked to the car, a black bear came running out from some bushes towards us. We had all jumped in the car and locked the doors, scared out of our minds. This bear started scratching and clawing at the back window. My friend was about to take off but I heard the bear say "please wait" (yeah...I know, weird..) So I told my friends to stop freaking out, and I opened the door. The bear sat in the seat and said "thank you" my friends couldn't hear him speak, but instead heard grunts and roars. I could understand him clearly though. I was startled, confused and such.

I asked him how he knew how to talk, his response was "Because I become open minded and took the time to learn the language." My friends now staring at me asking why I am talking to a bear.

So the conversation went like this.

ME: Well, ok... why can't my friends understand you, and I can?
B: Because you let me in the car, you understood that we are all animals on this earth and need to help each other survive.
ME: This...doesn't make any sense...
B: Look, no disrespect, but you humans are greedy and if you all took the time...took the time to listen to us animals, you would understand us. Most of us are harmless. In an example you can relate to, much like most humans are good people, but then you have the bad people that want to only cause harm, hate, and want to kill. That is how us animals are, some of us are good, but some of us are bad. We all get portrayed as bad, killing machines.
ME: Uhhh... ok.. But...how did you learn to talk?
B: I took the time to listen to humans talk. I matched what were just sounds at first, but I eventually realized the emotion on peoples faces and the sounds and eventually could make words out. It's like riding a bike, once you do it enough you get better and better. I heard the sounds you humans were making, and practiced for hours and hours until my first word came out. If other animals were given the chance to do this, instead of being hunted, then more of us could speak to you, however, it goes both ways. If you learned the sounds a cat makes for example eventually you could figure out what they are saying and speak to them. The thing is, if you go to a random animal, you don't know if it will eat you alive and tear you to 1000 threads, or if it will try to communicate. The only way to speak to a wild animal, is if they are in a zoo shelter, and at that point most of the animals can't trust the human beings, therefore no animal can communicate to humans, and vice versa.
ME:....wut in tarnation...
(That last sentence was not part of the dream haha)

But if this wasn't the most empowering inspiring thing I have heard in a dream, I don't know what is. After this dream I have felt more uplifted and happy. I don't know why.

But maybe this....is why we can't talk to animals...

Strangely enough, when I was on meth I had a few experiences like this... I've had several almost psychedelic experiences on meth.

I used to work with a friend on his dad's farm, they had all sorts of animals, ducks, peacocks, cows, donkeys, horses, pretty much anything you could imagine. I was working on a tractor when I hear someone talking to me, pretty faint at first, but progressively louder, asking me if I'd figured it out yet, I assumed it was another farm hand... I turned around to talk to the voice, and the only thing for several hundred yards is the duck pen, then instead of quacks I hear a human voice from the duck... obviously I flip out and just walk away. Happened several times.

Most would call it psychosis I'd imagine, but I kind of got the same message you did from your dream.

Strangely enough, when I was on meth I had a few experiences like this... I've had several almost psychedelic experiences on meth.

I used to work with a friend on his dad's farm, they had all sorts of animals, ducks, peacocks, cows, donkeys, horses, pretty much anything you could imagine. I was working on a tractor when I hear someone talking to me, pretty faint at first, but progressively louder, asking me if I'd figured it out yet, I assumed it was another farm hand... I turned around to talk to the voice, and the only thing for several hundred yards is the duck pen, then instead of quacks I hear a human voice from the duck... obviously I flip out and just walk away. Happened several times.

Most would call it psychosis I'd imagine, but I kind of got the same message you did from your dream.

I don't know, it was weird for sure. Was yours a dream to?

That sounds like an awesome dream. :)
Haha yeah it was! It was different that's for sure lol

No, mine was while I was awake, it was a very strange experience...

Your dream is quite interesting but I have to say that it isn't the nail on the head. Koko the gorilla thoroughly learned sign language and was an amazing specimen. It took a very loving and dedicated person to make this a reality. The love and dedication that made this a possibility aren't exactly what I would call super common traits. And even with the proper love and dedication I think for this to be a possibility the animal itself has to also have a lot of love and determination which, again, I wouldn't call super common. It can be and has been done, though!

Sounds far fetched to me. More likely your subconscious was taking the form of an animal.

Last edited:
Some animals have the brain similar to ours not as constructs but as thinking level. It's possible somehow even for the DNA to be implemented and can't yet react because we don't know how, they can't because we are biological in different shapes & we are designed to be robotic as they manipulate our capacity through what they offer. Not refering to any political shit but society influence this in a way or another. Dreams are like a black hole you can get lost in them and travel the world with your energy, what we as species done is created backwards to what would we could have

Animals on the other side have no rules and freedom

at least some of them

their land it's black and clean

I once thought to myself, you know bears are really overpowered. It's like God forgot to patch them. All that beef for catching salmon who are dumb enough to swim upstream?! Then I think to myself when I see a bear in my backyard eating my trash and staring at me through a glass door, "I wonder what he's thinking?" I silently agree that it's probably something along the lines of "I'm going to kill the human in his sleep in the most vicious and ineffective way possible". I get my gun shoot at its feet and let it become nature's problem, or my neighbors, but mostly hikers.

I often wonder the intelligence of non-conscious life. Like my stomach for example after hours of drinking my stomach 'decides' that it has had enough of my shit and forecloses anymore possibility of abuse with a strict "enough of your shit Larry" policy. What an advanced defense mechanism. Then you wake up and all you want is water, so you drink as much as you can find, and your stomach decides that it doesn't want that either. Completely in spite of it's natural healing properties it ejects the water out of what I can only consider (scientifically) that my stomach has it out for me. You may not know it but erowid was very close saying that every body was different and to know 'your body' when taking drugs. Almost as if the nervous system and my stomach come together to form some kind of sympathetic personality. Then the ultimate test; the test that will prove that your stomach is a mere 2 chromosomes away from being a full on Krang. The mirror test. Yes, you show your stomach a stomach and it immediately recoils in horror knowing its own nudity. I'm sure a butcher would agree with me, that your stomach has to be domesticated properly to ensure job safety. Then I just accept that if humans kill animals it'll be a better death than if animals had their go.

I don't know why it's there, who cares. Raaaaghlllghh

Last edited:
This sounded like a very moving dream, I have always felt a strong connection with animals, and I think that they communicate much better than some people give them credit for.

There's a squirrel in my back yard that likes to play Hide & Go Seek with me. When he thinks I'm not looking, he'll slowly slink behind me from the corner of my eye. Then he jumps up the back of my chair, perches on my shoulder for a second and takes off across the yard, occasionally looking back to see if I'm chasing him.

If not, he'll sit down until I'm practically on top of him, them run up into a tree and taunt me to come get him. Sometimes he even gently tosses crabapples my way!

Wildlife is AWESOME!!!
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Animals are quite communicative, they just can't speak or understand English (well some animals can learn to recognize human sounds as meaning something, primarily dogs). But words are only a small part of communication. All mammals communicate with some common facial expressions and body language, and we can feel each others' emotions and intentions as well. If you're receptive, you can come to pretty strong understandings with animals, and not just domesticated ones. I once had a bear ask me to babysit her cubs in the backyard while she ate my garbage in m front yard. No joke, and I did it, and she came back, looked me in the eye, nodded to me, and took her cubs back.

Shadowmeister; I once had a bear ask me to babysit her cubs in the backyard while she ate my garbage in m front yard. No joke said:
LOL, that?s funny.
I know with my experience with pigs that they are highly receptive to emotions and I think establish trust with their caregiver.

One of the best posts I've seen online in some time, actually made me laugh out loud.
You are not alone, I refuse to go into my theory about ducks but yeah they have something about them, you aren't mad.

Isnt it just a case of having nothing of relevance to discuss with a different species? So much shared environment and dna yet very little in common.

Hard to imagine intelligent alien life as anything other than competitively hostile and totally uninterested in dialouge of any kind.

I've experienced uncanny telepathic moments with animals and humans in the past, both while on drugs and while sober. It's so spontaneous and non-reproducible that I can't rule it out as being random convergence of ideas, thoughts, behaviours and actions. That said, there were a few times when the content was irrefutable and pretty amazing.

I know very little about the science behind brainwaves and the human bioelectric field, but I've thought about this subject in depth. It seems that thoughts are a field phenomenon just as much as they are biochemically driven. If the field of one person can synchronize with the field of another, then it may be possible to transmit information. Further, it may even be possible to control the other person. Every telepathic instance I have had with another human being has been with a friend who I spend a lot of time with, and it's not merely that we are so accustomed to one another that we have a joint culture that is implicitly understood even if not spoken. There is actually something paranormal that happens.

With animals, cats are the easiest for some reason. Dogs have it too, but they have so much physical expectation from humans that they don't focus enough. Cats are more autonomous so it's possible to have those moments of convergence. Cats do actual eye gazing whereas if you stare at a dog they wonder what's you want from them. Some examples:

- told a cat that I would give him treats if he went and sat under the house plant, and he relocated immediately, sitting on the dirt and everything
- told a cat that someone was at the door when there wasn't, and that she should go find out who it is; she went to the door and then came back looking at me all confused
- told a sleeping cat that there was a bird in the house and it jumped to attention immediately

These weren't intentional experiments. I would just randomly try from time to time. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. When it worked, it was very clear that it worked because the content of the message was too specific. Cats communicate in images. One time a cat told me with images that he hated his owner and wanted to come home with me. He showed me an image of me carrying his scratching post out the front door, with him walking beside me. After he gave me this message, he went over and sat on his scratching post. Then as I was leaving he bolted out the door and followed me to the elevator.

I know this sounds nutso but I swear this stuff happened.

I think there is a lot of truth to OP's dream, that we can understand animals if we allow ourselves the time to do so. In fact, zoology is the field of science that sets out to do so. We study animals and watch their behaviors, and in doing so we start to tune into the individual species language. We learn things like honeybees tell the other bees where food is through a complex dance. We learn that whales talk to each other through song, and communicate some pretty complex things.

Really, humans are animals as well, just animals capable of much higher levels of thought and learning. Or at least the only species with the ability to express and demonstrate so. It is possible that other species like whales and dolphins are also capable of higher learning but are limited by things like physical ability. Some theorize that human's higher learning hinges on the apposable thumb, and that if it weren't for the physical features of our biology like arms and legs, we wouldn't be nearly as intellectually achieved.

Even with humans, they say only 10% of true communication is verbal. So much of it is a combination of body language and reading the energy of someone. It seems to me there are shared body language communication factors among all vertabrates at least, and a lot of of them among mammals (you can easily tell if any mammal is surprised, or angry, for example). Some higher mammals, especially those tuned in to us (cats, dogs, etc) can be read in many ways. And they can read us as well. Just because we don't share a language doesn't mean we can't understand each other at least reasonably well.

Some people dream extremely vividly. In fact I sometimes have dreams where I can remember every detail, but not often.