• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Julys Getting Sober and staying Clean Thread Vs,Summer time is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
know how you feel broman, was 3 days clean (lol pathetic ik) but relapsed today. since starting dope n opiates havent made it two fuckin weeks without using. just dont see a reason not to. have no goals, aspirations, anything. kinda just wanna use till i eventually OD n die. seems the best way at least i can be high till I die, but have no finances to afford it. don't listen to me though, im fucked in the head, if you can stay clean man and hold on to every moment you have. personally i still have some days I feel OK without using, other days obviously not. but for real this life is a dream man who really cares wtf happens.

Have you considered some kind of maintenance? Is cycling on and off using normal for you? Sounds like stability might do you some good. As always, it should be your call either way. Just try to keep your head up and trying <3

3 days is nothing to scoff at man, that means you made it through 3 days of withdrawals... it took me 6 months of trying to get off opiates to finally kick the habit.

So well put. Why aren't you on staff in RS? ;)

I think it's taken about 12 years to really begin dealing with a full depth of life's joys and sorrows without resorting to some kind of opioid use. I'd envy people who figured it out in less time, but I yam who I yam :)

Then again, I cannot fathom how difficult methamphetamine abstinence can be post active addiction...

^maybe one day, sober living and the dark side are the two forums closest to my heart, but I'm not psychologically ready.

Physically, other than being tired alot there isn't much difficulty... psychologically it's a constant bombardment of cravings and emotional blunting... I can see why 88% of meth users relapse within 3 years... it changes the way you think, the way you feel...

We’re almost into August so this may not be the best place to ask, but would anyone be interested in me sharing my experiences with Memantine? It’s very cool how it seems to eliminate cravings. And is helpful the anxiety (big time).

Status
Not open for further replies.