• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What supernatural / alternative beliefs do you have and why?

What supernatural / alternative beliefs do you have and why?

• God (but none of the ones interpreted in mainstream religion)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • God (as a creator, a programmer of the universe)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • God (other)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Ghosts

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Psychic abilities

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Life after death

• Star signs / Zodiac signs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Homeopathy

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

rickolasnice

Bluelighter
From religious beliefs to belief in ghosts, mediums, psychic abilities, life after dead, the existence of a soul.. Whatever it is; why do you believe in it? Personal experience? Grown up being taught it as truth? Information you have heard / read about it? Do you have any speculative ideas as to how or why these things work?

What about star signs having a causative (or correlative) affect on personality / the future? Does homeopathy work as a medicine? Is Karma real?

Can we have a poll?

God (but none of the ones interpreted in mainstream religion)
God (as a creator, a programmer of the universe)
God (other)
Ghosts
Psychic Abilities
Life after death
Star signs / Zodiac signs

I realise most if not all of the choices are compatible so just choose the one you most believe in and go into more detail via post.

I've made it into a poll, nice idea. :) I made it multiple choice.

I'm not 100% sure on anything, but I have experienced what I can only describe as ghosts, and also psychic abilities (in a minor way but otherwise I haven't found a better explanation). Also homeopathy certainly has some truth in it although I think some people are entirely too new agey about it.

I didn't vote for any of the God options because I only use "god" as a convenient word to describe the universal force of awareness at the core of everything. I don't think of god as a separate entity, but rather the spark of consciousness within everything.

Last edited:
I believe in Yahweh because He's a "living" God, that left a testament of his worthiness, which Archeology,History, and most important of all, the Holy Scriptures, confirm. Rock solid!!;)

Psychic abilities, pretty much sums up everything that can include supernatural/anomalies, well at least a waking up of it, you need to have it possessd before you do any stuff with the other-outer/worlds/realms, also psyhic and medium are NOT the same thing, I myself, I am a psyhic & fortune teller and black magic occult like voodoo/scrying, although it doesn't affect my personality in any way. I am going to answer your questions. Like you know, reality itself it's an illusion of your imagination, karma isn't real, it's called yin-yang which include the good & evil and simply your situations around you affect that but the universe do not respond to it, just can't. People tend to belive in superstitions ~e.g zodiac or others~ because they are afraid and don't know themselves yet, kinda like a kindegarten playstyle where you'd go to teacher ~Hey, he beat me up and stealed my stuffs~ and from there it goes to ~No I didn't do it, he did it~. Life after death it's possible, if you ever had a lucid dream, that can sums up for you, don't read scientifics research philosophies bullshits, they are useless. Homepathy has been contradicted for back and forth for years, no one use it because isn't effective also it's a lie, if your brain wants to create something and you want it, you will have it. Religions/imaginary things you know the story, read up. Ghosts like demons are another duck, note > they are not the same thing <, take an example of a ocean/sea, the currents generate a movement, right? Now, think that the ocean wouldn't have currents, it would be blank, but still a movement would cause to move from something else. So they are real, but only if you have a connection with them, a life experience or a situation. I don't belive in anything, only in me.

I don't believe that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, like I don't see Buddha sitting in hell because he did not accept Jesus as his savior, same with a lot of other(s). I do personally believe in a creator of the Earth, and the God I see today isn't one of those 'fire and brimstone' type of hateful/vengeance Gods.

My family has washed their hands with me because of my beliefs, and since I don't go along with the Christian faith they have not tried to reach out or anything since I told them what my beliefs were.

As for the ghosts, yea. I can't say I have had an encounter with any (yet), there have been times though, where I have snuck into an abandoned sanatoriums/TB hospitals back home, and have felt a genuine fear, and personally I think that fear wasn't caused by me. That I was feeling someone else's fear from an earlier time.

Zodiac signs, yeah. sometimes, they are a hit and miss for me.

Yes, I am a believer of Karama.

For me, karma is more of an internal thing rather than some sort of cosmic force of balance. Basically, what you put out into the world is what you tend to get back from it. Not because of supernatural forces, but because your perception tends to become your reality. If you're constantly negative, you tend to start seeing only the negatives and your life will suck. If you're an asshole to people, people will be assholes back to you. However, if you're mostly positive, then positivity is what you will tend to see. After all, there are good and bad things happening all around, all the time, but if you're choosing to see the bad things, you won't see the good things. Likewise, if you're kind to people and go out of your way to help people, then people will go out of their way to help you and will tend to be kind to you. People will want to give you opportunities if you're open and friendly and proactive. In these ways, you create your reality. Of course something bad can always happen that's totally out of your control, but even then your attitude largely shapes the end result once you work through the situation. To me, that's karma.

Karma comes from the root Sanskrit word kar, which means action. Karma is basically just action and consequence, or cause and effect. I believe that personal karma is more knowable than universal karma, but still not totally. If I hit someone then I can make a reasonable assumption that something bad will happen to me in turn, but also maybe it won't. I was just watching a documentary about the Great Depression. The corruption of Wall Street caused millions of people to become destitute and homeless, depending on bread lines. It's easy to talk about karma when we talk about simple things like evil deeds but what about suffering on a mass scale? It's less clear then.

Westerners tend to think karma means what goes around comes around, but it doesn't. People benefit from so-called bad actions all the time, like the aristocrats who were in-the-know about the upcoming Wall Street crash in 1929, and got rich off it. Sometimes people who do good end up suffering for it. The Christian idea of good and evil is not applicable to karma. In other words karma is hard to know and in Hinduism it is said that only God knows the true path of karma. If something bad happens to a Christian, they ask what they did to deserve it. When it happens to a Hindu, they may question what kind of karma they are entangled in, or they may decide that it's impossible to know and that they just have to let the karma be played out until it is expended. There are many schools of thought about it.

Buddhists take it further as they believe karma is like a bank and you can accumulate good karma through merit. I used to believe this but I no longer do. Once ego, emotions and attachments are stripped away, there is only consciousness, and there's nowhere in here for karma to really attach to. At this point it seems to me that karma is a function of belief and not much else. Belief in karma generates the field that makes karma possible because you're creating a vibration which attracts lessons and situations to make it play out for your own learning. When the belief shifts then karma ceases and you are just dealing with chaos theory again.

Well said Foreigner. My beliefs align with the song "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. "Don't worry, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright". Faith. Faith in the essence of life: Love. In the bible they say "Walk with love", something along those lines. So, I think we need look no further than in our own hearts to find the love that we all need to be happy and to be complete. And I also believe that the whole world is but one being, all connected. We all have love between us and within us. Love is the energy that flows through everything and it is the essence of life. I love my dad's dog, and he loves me. That is the essence of our connection. And I love life, and - in some way- life loves me. "Is this love that I'm feeling again.... oh Oh oh oh.. that I'm feeling again.. hey Hey hey hey..." -Phantogram. Love flows through us all and gives us all life. The essence of life! I have faith in love! And I need look no further than the love in my heart for all I need.