• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What drug could be called a potion of astral projection?

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
So I play d&d (a role playing game) and my character acquired a potion of astral projection. It got me thinking, ?hey did the dm just give me a hallucinogen??. Which drug do you think most resembles an out of body experience based on d&d?s take on astral projection?
You and up to eight willing creatures within range project yourselves into the Astral Plane. The material body you leave behind is unconscious and in a state of suspended animation.

Your astral body resembles your mortal form in almost every way. The principal difference is a cord that extends from your back and trails behind you, fading to invisibility after 1 foot. This cord is your tether to your material body. If the cord is cut, you die instantly.

Your astral form can pass through portals leading to any other plane. If you enter a new plane or return to the plane you were on, your body and possessions are transported, allowing you to re-enter your body. Any damage or other effects that apply to your astral form have no effective t on your physical body, nor do they persist when you return to it
this is the excerpt of the spell of astral projection so the effects would be the same except it would only affect my character.

Last edited:
I've experienced something very similar to that with a Matrix vibe on DXM (360mg). I've chilled with my homies on the event horizon of a black hole on a near-hole dose of pharmaceutical ketamine (split a half g intranasal over a few hours). As you can tell, the near-hole dosing produced a very on-the-nose experience.

Like above says, dissos mostly. I would also argue DMT and Ibogaine because of their ability to disconnect your mind in a subjectively similar way.

though i haven't had experience with ketamine or methoxetamine, the first thing that came to my mind reading the thread title was DMT. if you stay below a certain dose it's a very controllable experience. i know nothing about being tethered via ethereal "cords" that could kill us via being cut, however i think that's something we wouldn't want to worry about in the middle of such an experience.

i think astral projection is best practiced as a meditation technique. any sufficiently strong dissociative or psychedelic should give the same result in a tightly controlled space, and i say tightly controlled because any distraction during this sort of thing ruins it. set and setting is of paramount importance regardless of substance(s) used, IMO.

Zicam Night Cough, 2 bottles (no longer made. it was DXM on steroids and HGH. Don't know why. Kicked in in 15 minutes.)

From personal experience, definitely ketamine. Based on reading, I think DMT might be a worthy contender. But you're definitely not in your body in a proper k hole.

Nice to see you around!

Absolutely MXE. God i wish i could still get my hands on some. it's literally a sacrament for my wife and i. You might be able to toss dmt into the mix too... I'll have my mail forwarded to wherever i end up

High doses of LSD, THC when eaten, and mushrooms.

I have never used any disassociative drugs but a lot of people who I grew up with and went to school with did, and they had out of body experiences on PCP, Ketamine, and DXM.

People I know who told me how they had smoked DMT, or drank Ayahuasca said it gave them out of body experiences.

Also apparently a lot of people have them while sober.