• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why does Xanax get so much hate?

LimeGreenJelly

Greenlighter
You don't even have to read this bit if you read the title but:

I know with Soundcloud rappers banging on about Xanax and then everyone under the sun seeming to start taking them, I wanted to know why so many people HATE Xanax.

I dropped 2mg bar the other day for the first time and had a really nice experience with it, I usually like to drop Diazepam if I can get my hands on it and I don't do it often because of the addiction risks but I had no negative affects at this low dose, just a real chill evening and an amazing sleep.

Is Xanax hated because people are idiots and totally new to it drop tonnes of bars and drink it down with shit tonnes or vodka and almost die or what?

It's hated because most of the people who use it are insufferable lol and this is coming from someone who used to love benzos. This isn't directed at you, but I feel like we get a lot of people who come ask a bunch of questions about xanax/benzos and then when their questions are answered they basically ignore everyone and claim benzos as a godsend.

Also like you mentioned the newfound popularity of the drug. It seems to me, at least in my area, that kids (high school/college) buy them just to look cool or feel cool rather than getting any enjoyment out of the drug.

I think in my case it's a frustration with who I used to be.

No offence taken, I know someone who literally has never even heard of other benzos but xanax and has a xanax keyring. Pretty much only discovered it through music and now he thinks he's pretty G.

That's fair that you have previous hang ups with benzos, I get that 100% I am like that with harder opiates.

It sucks because Xans are great but they're not like, a godsend like you said.

People hate on Xanax mostly, in my humble opinion, because it's become popular to hate on.

I'm gonna move this to DC. Might get more feedback there.

OD->DC

I don't hate xanax because it's popular, it's just a shit drug. There's no euphoria to the experience it just makes you give less of a fuck about anything you are doing. It doesn't have the same kind of inhibition intoxication as alcohol so people think they are all good when they are clearly fucked up.

The only thing it's good for is panic attacks, it's too short acting and amnesia inducing to be used for anything else.

The popularity baffles me but people are stupid, especially pop music culture, so it doesn't surprise me that someone would think taking xanax is cool. I'm sure part of the reason soundcloud rappers think they are good is because they are on xanax.

Xanax is on my list of shit abusables below even diphenhydramine.

^I think your post goes a lot if the way to explaining why some people hate xanax; it seems to cause such varied effects so as to b incredibly divisive. Personally I get heaps of euphoria, total elimination of anxiety and the drive to do fun things. Some people get no euphoria and just pass out or do weird shit. The contrast is considerable.

1. Most overhyped drug on earth (rappers talking about "floating in space" off xanax GTFO)
2. The vast majority of xanax on the street is fake prescription pills
3. People I know who use it tend to take to much and become a liability
4. It's almost never pleasant to be around people on it, you may have to smack the shit out of them because they think they're superman, while outside observers see they have no coordination and are acting like a shittier version of the town drunk

I'm sure part of the reason soundcloud rappers think they are good is because they are on xanax.

This is so fantastic, I actually laughed out loud. Very very possible, there is only so many times you can say something over and over like "Titties and Xannies" to the same wishy washy beat.

It's fantastic for panic attacks and falling asleep, which is probably why I liked it as I do get panic attacks and struggle to fall asleep usually.

Yeah I found that, friend of mine gets super euphoric with it. I've never taken it and found that but I've never dropped more than 2mg. I find 2mg is enough to basically neutralise any anxiety and it also being a muscle relaxant is really nice for the tension in my shoulders and back.

That shit does not sound fun and have thankfully never had to deal with anyone like that, luckily I've got a friend who gets it prescribed in the states who plugs over to the UK. But it's still shady especially as it's increased popularity has made fakes more prolific.

I think there's a lot of reasons. There are many people who don't get the appeal of benzos in general because they're not the anxious type or because they're more about their uppers. So they're like this shit just makes me tired, why does anyone do this shit?

Then you got people who paint anyone who does Xanax as a poser because it's suddenly become a trend, especially in the UK it's a brand new thing here and a lot of people using it are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Finally you got people who are into their benzos and have dabbled in a few different ones and just don't think alprazolam is anything special. I'm one of those myself. I don't hate Xanax, but I do think it's overhyped and there's far better benzos out there. Valium and temazepam are both far more recreational than Xanax if you ask me. So is etizolam and bromazepam and clonazepam. To be honest there's many other benzos I'd pick over alprazolam. The only reason I use Xanax at all is because it's so easy and cheap to get compared to other benzos. If I could get temazepam just as easily I'd stock up on that instead. All that said, alprazolam is very good for panic attacks.

Wilson Wilson I agree all those are more enjoyable than Xanax (haven't tried that bromazepam.)

Hell I'll take Ativan over Xanax because it's less impairing.

Ativan is pretty nice for its muscle relaxant properties imo. Has a certain "warmth" around it that Xanax doesn't.

But bromazepam is real good, I actually think it feels similar to temazepam in a way since it has a similar effects profile to diazepam except it's more of a potent benzo, so it's got an even stronger feeling of warmth and euphoria which is what I love temazepam for.

And I don't get that horrible rebound anxiety from any of those either. I only ever get rebound from alprazolam or clonazepam.

It has the worst withdrawal by far of any drug, worse than heroin, and for what? I still can't believe there are people who will have to take this drug for the rest of their life because they followed their doctor's advice.

At least with heroin, you know what you're getting into. Xanax ruined the lives of countless people who were not trying to do drugs, but were asking for help.

Today's rap culture is disgusting. Rappers have completely lost all accountability for the ideas they put out to the next generation. Poppin' Xans ain't so cool when you start crying in the shower because you're in emotional health, you haven't slept for 3 days, and the withdrawal is just beginning.

That's not the kind of thing I hope any kid experiences. And I forgot to mention the worst part: most rappers only pretend they use them!

Last edited:
I hate Xanax largely cause I feel it's not nearly euphoric enough to justify how addictive I find it and how bad he withdrawal is and how easily dependence sets in. I also think it's irresponsibly prescribed a lot. It's characteristics make it particularly dangerous amongst other benzos. Especially in how short acting it is.

It has the worst withdrawal by far of any drug, worse than heroin, and for what? I still can't believe there are people who will have to take this drug for the rest of their life because they followed their doctor's advice.

At least with heroin, you know what you're getting into. Xanax ruined the lives of countless people who were not trying to do drugs, but were asking for help.

Today's rap culture is disgusting. Rappers have completely lost all accountability for the ideas they put out to the next generation. Poppin' Xans ain't so cool when you start crying in the shower because you're in emotional health, you haven't slept for 3 days, and the withdrawal is just beginning.

That's not the kind of thing I hope any kid experiences. And I forgot to mention the worst part: most rappers only pretend they use them!

People are responsible for what they choose to put in their own bodies.

If you get a prescription from a doctor that's one thing, people expect to trust their doctors.

But if you start popping Xanax for no reason other than "rappers told me it's cool" without doing any research on it you're a fucking idiot.

Personally, I don't like benzodiazepines because of what they've done to me and what I've lost to them. I used to really love downers. I used to think nothing of taking a few benzos and a few shots of Brandy in the morning to start the day. It really did catch up to me; and faster than I thought. I just feel exhausted with embarrassing myself.

banjos are the lowest common denominator in the world of getting fucked up. you'll get fucked up, and you might feel different. however unless it's a therapeutic dose administered to an already-suffering individual, there's gonna be no euphoria.

it's like a crackhead getting high on benzedrine cottons. it might not be a sober state, but it's not a good one either.

xanax gets hate because it's the catch-all term for benzodiazepine, and benzodiazepine is the dumbest high ever (no pun intended [i lied. pun intended]).

^ Well apparently some people do get euphoria on xanax for some fucked up reason. The other thing i have to give to xanax, besides it's therapeutic potential, is that it makes me feel very comfortable with being nude anywhere.