• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MK-801 (4mg sublingual) - Inexperienced - alice in wonderland aint got nothin on this

(zonk)

Bluelighter
So decided to try it again, did my typical dosing procedure and wasnt feeling it as much or as quickly, maybe x-tol(cross tolerance)? Took another half flick and went for a swim at the beach with a friend. Walked to beach and back, still not a whole lot. Probably 2mg with 1mg for each past 2 each seperated by atleast 45min as it was more than 10min walk and 10min swim sober friend.

After returning home and taking 2 (maybe more) mg. Any at some point it developed quite a bit strongly. There was a Lilliputin effect of which I've NEVER experienced. The size of everything would change so dramatically yet i was totally able to function.

I found this extremely bizarre and amazing effect had quite a dramatic effect on my mental state. 1st was awe, i eas totally coherent, knew i took a drug yet even while keeping my cool believed i had hacked reality, it quickly became quite delusional thinking. Was this real, did I CHANGE reality matrix style like some sort of god with an unknown power, did i break the matrix, was my friend a magical friend? What was this state and who was the culprit, I'm sure dizocilpine had a hand in it but to what effect exactly i thought, NO WAY IT WAS JUST THE DRUG, had to be a sequence of triggering factors i thought lol.

Doors and doorways would shrink tiny and then grow ridiculously tall, skinny, and fat. Stairways in hallway would change, cars were crazy looking and huge, my lap and big screen tv would change from square to rectangle to massive. The picture on the wall would always be moving and changing size dramatically. I started kicking the couches because the size changing was pissing me off, how can i get comfy in this situation!? My legs and arms and toes kept being so alien to me. These aren't mine i thought, not in the world i knew anyway. Forget about using my touchscreen phone, uh uh, no way.

Looking at buildings outside they would keep changing form, reminded me somewhat of the movie dark city but thrse changes were always instant. The apartment building across street would be giant castle, the house would me so big, my friend's arms grew crazy long as put 1 of the boas around my shoulder, the cabinets, dressers, refrigerator, kept changing sized and shape. Went outside, maybe could walk to beach, perhaps a dip could stop this madness and relax me. Stop shop was not the real stop n shop supermarket, this must have been a secret one, for ghosts only, didn't realize were transdimensional, good for them i thought.

People looked weird, roomate left to get weed. My fingers looked like toes, limbs were completely out of wack yet surprisingly i was still able to make good use of them. Made the bungling error of going the walk again to beach pilgrimage while roomate was on his mission to search the magic medicinal herbs. Well i totally bungled it from the start, forgot where and why friend left, at risk of loss and laziness to search brought no phone, wallet or keys and locked myself out. After some failed attempts to get back in apartment due to asshole apartment building neighbors and the fact that "they didnt kn9w WHO I was" cause i guess why would one shut in from another would wouldn't open bottom door.

At this point I decided to take the cowards way out and seek medical help as the intense distortion was getting too great and i was getting tired. I believe this effect is caused by the fact thst when we see our vision is converted to signal which comeback together to form a scene, like room with white pain, chairs, doors etc and each item has to be interpreted as to it's relative size snd position. Scambled, not quite Picassoed, pcp is better at that in all ways, imagine thinking like a Picasso painting looks :( only more worse, like a colage of..anyway..)

I walk to my local urgentcare, 2 blocks from house and give the scoop, i ingested too much nmda ion channel ligand and pussied out/got tired of being wonderland and wanted out of my rabbit-hole. They took me to the hospital where my minds debate on the reaity of things grew to be too much to handle. The nurses and doctors would grow and shrink as would everything in the room, tiny legs and feet and then grow to giants, i kept pointing everybody even the cops telling saying "your a fucking giant and thiis guy over here is a giant...)there desk area kept changing and getting bigger with slots and computers constantly changing positions yet remaining similar, i asked what hell was up with there desk and demanded is wasn't real. I cried for sleep meds and they shot something in my leg, didnt ask wish i did and kinda pissed they didn't tell me, seemed very unpro of them.

Took some time before sleep was achieved, however short lived it may have been it was enough to get the old noodle working seeing/interpreting properly again

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dizocilpine
substancecode_mk801
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_healthissues
exptype_overdose
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Should note somewhere smoked small bit of 3pp (3-phenylpyrrolidine hcl) with mild effect. Will have to go back to hospital for copy of dr note to find out what the shot was and dosage.

Crazy trip man, it's nuts to see trip reports of drugs I haven't even heard of before. I've only done the classic LSD and mushrooms, and haven't even come close to the Alice in Wonderland effect you described, seems absolutely nuts. Out of curiosity, how did you get into these more obscure drugs (and PCP) and have you experienced any lasting effects from these substances?

No negative long lasting fx whatsoever, i used to smoke pcp medicinally. I'm big on sar/pharmacology,discovery,understanding,being a psychonaut pioneer basically

3pp (3-phenylpyrrolidine) is basically a ringclosed analog of alpha-ethyl-phenethylamine instead of amphetamine

I'm curious about this dizocilpine, never heard of it before. The only dissociatives I've tried are DXM and nitrous oxide. Used to be a big DXM user, and I can tell you I've gotten close to the state you're describing. It's incredible how powerfully dissociatives can break down reality.

(zonk) said:
I walk to my local urgentcare, 2 blocks from house and give the scoop, i ingested too much nmda ion channel ligand
This made me laugh. =D

If you don't mind me asking, how often have you ended up in hospital after self-administering unusual drugs? And when you offer this kind of explanation, what kind of reaction do you usually get? Do they understand and know what to do with you right away or...?

drs there rotate, its not my primary care, 1 of the docs "was"(but talks like is)big time tweaker and we talked n got along swimmingly. There was 1 other instance where a less than reputable chinese vendor sent a bunch of nbome as mxe and i had no benzos on hand so rather than try n ride it out i called a cab and walked upto emergency room desk and told them i just took 500x of an lsd like chemical.

the reaction is usually a chuckle, it's no big deal, sometimes they're very interested in knowing more n pick my brain a bit and tell me to be a lil more careful

Damn zonk nice report, too bad you had to seek medical help. I did laugh because I've been in a similar situation.

Anyway, thank you for the report. I am really interested in this one. Sounds like you would have had a lot more fun if you'd had a sitter. This substance seems to make people pretty bold with redosing and taking some risks they otherwise wouldn't. If and when I come by it I'm going to make sure those two things don't become a problem.

Last edited:
Dude... I've used dizocilpine to mimic psychosis on mice, I actually thought no one would ever be mad enough to try it as a dissociative. I believe we used 7 dosages of 0.25 mg/kg, but the mice were permanently brain damaged, I have no idea what a safe dose for a human would be, actually, NO ONE DOES YOU CRAZY YET SOMEHOW ADORABLE DUDE!

PS: Can you post a picture of 3-phenylpyrrolidine? Is it just like that? No substitutions or methylene spacers? Picilorex has the same base structure, but I've found nothing on the compound you smoked.

Actually there are a fair amount of dizocilpine reports written now, not a lot but a lot more than just this one. .25mg/kg is a MASSIVE dose for a human.

In my second experience with ketamine (while coming down from LSD, MDMA and speed) I had this type of visual distortion, with things being bigger or smaller than they are supposed to be. Luckily, I didn't freak out and it went away.

Any dissociative gives me this effect at times at sufficient dose. At least all of the ones I've tried, ketamine, MXE, 3-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCE (but not so much with those), DCK and O-PCE. It can feel rather disturbing, but also sometimes cool. I had it really strong once when my friends and I had this really strange bad MXE trip that we all felt the same on, just one time out of hundreds. I was holding a vape pen in one hand and a beer can in the other, and the beer can felt as thin as a piece of hair, while the vape pen felt like my hand was straining open to hold it. They also looked this way to match the sensation. For some reason it was deeply disturbing to me.

Dude... I've used dizocilpine to mimic psychosis on mice (...) but the mice were permanently brain damaged
Would you mind sharing the symptoms they had? I'm really curious about. If dizocilpine has toxic effects independent of the NMDA/dissociative activity then why is it still used in research, and otherwise it might give some interesting insight - either the mice were heavily traumatized (I tend to think of lab animals as depressed/traumatized beings anyways) and couldn't handle what they experienced on the drug, or it's true repercussions of antagonizing NMDA receptors.. cause you say permanently brain damaged, I guess they lost some crucial abilities or showed misbehaviour?

I'm big on sar/pharmacology,discovery,understanding,being a psychonaut pioneer basically
Me too :)

Didn't get the chance to try PCP yet but probably it isn't as bad as media tells you. It's the people, not the drugs. Something that loosens inhibitions, changes reality, heavily stimulates you and kills pain is just a hot mixture to play with.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing the symptoms they had? I'm really curious about. If dizocilpine has toxic effects independent of the NMDA/dissociative activity then why is it still used in research, and otherwise it might give some interesting insight - either the mice were heavily traumatized (I tend to think of lab animals as depressed/traumatized beings anyways) and couldn't handle what they experienced on the drug, or it's true repercussions of antagonizing NMDA receptors.. cause you say permanently brain damaged, I guess they lost some crucial abilities or showed misbehaviour?

We were mimicking psychosis, you tend to cause brain damage when you do so (Unless you explicitely need to avoid it) because we accelerate the process, we don't have months to make them develop stimulant psychosis so we use very potent drugs at high dosages. Basically is a side effect of what we needed. It mostly has to do with long-term potentiation, which is how memories are created. NMDA receptors are the starting point for LTP on the hippocampus. If they blocked, you lose short-term memory, long-term memory and eventually spatial memory. If the antagonism is kept long enough, the dentritic pathways degenerate, mimicking Alzheimers. The mice also lost spatial memory and they stopped moving. This happened after the experiment regarding psychotic symptoms. We use it because the older alternative (overdosing them on amphetamines) was incomplete as an animal model of schizophrenia and more cruel since it took longer. When you're doing animal models for conditions like psychosis, trauma is considered beforehand since it would ruin the results if not accounted for. But in my experience, once they are on the first day, they are no longer aware of their surroundings.
This is of course a laboraty experiment, I'm not saying someone will drop some DXM and lose all memories. Mice and rats have a higher brain metabolism, Olney's lesions are only observed in humans who took large amounts of ketamine or PCP for a very long time (years). However no experiments have been done regarding MK-801 on humans because it consistently causes Olney's lesions at considerably lower equivalent dosages compared to ketamine or tiletamine. Basically it was determined to be too neurotoxic. As with all NMDA antagonists I wouldn't expect damage with single usage, but I would with repeated dosages. Same reasons why we don't use carfentanil or strychnine on humans. There is a level of potency at which the drug becomes unpredictable.

Thanks for the informative reply.

So yeah, I feel the memory inhibition happening, but I don't completely understand it yet. In recreational dosages it is partial and somehow the brain begins to compensate with repeated usage, to the point of that I am now able to achieve a reasonable level of dissociation while still being fully functional, subjectively even more so cause some of the usual "rigidness" of thought is removed.. e.g. I perform better in learning and using a foreign language on dissociatives, and the learned abilities will remain to a surprising degree after the drug weared off.

So, there will be neurological changes with continued dissociative use for sure. But does it have to be degenerative? Also I am unsure about whether it contributes to feeling depressive / captivated in the past without chemicals, due to upregulated NMDA receptors and such, or if it's more that one becomes used to that free-flowing state and begins to dislike the limits of the sober state..

Thanks for the informative reply.

So yeah, I feel the memory inhibition happening, but I don't completely understand it yet. In recreational dosages it is partial and somehow the brain begins to compensate with repeated usage, to the point of that I am now able to achieve a reasonable level of dissociation while still being fully functional, subjectively even more so cause some of the usual "rigidness" of thought is removed.. e.g. I perform better in learning and using a foreign language on dissociatives, and the learned abilities will remain to a surprising degree after the drug weared off.

So, there will be neurological changes with continued dissociative use for sure. But does it have to be degenerative? Also I am unsure about whether it contributes to feeling depressive / captivated in the past without chemicals, due to upregulated NMDA receptors and such, or if it's more that one becomes used to that free-flowing state and begins to dislike the limits of the sober state..
For humans, in normal usage, neurodegeneration shouldn't be a concern. If you're not addicted to PCP or ketamine and you don't use all the time, it's not happening. But very long term issues can definitely happen. The 3 most well known (PCP, K, DXM) are very dirty drugs, so you can't just point out NMDA antagonism. They mess with dopamine, serotonine, opioid receptors, nicotinic receptors, sigma receptors, etc. That's why people say that different dissociatives are so different, it's not the dissociative effect itself, it's that the chemical structure that makes a compound a NMDA antagonist often coincides with a bunch of other receptors. MXE for example is very clean, only interacts with the NMDA receptor and a little with serotonine transport, while ketamine, which is very similar structuraly, is an NMDA antagonist, a dopamine/serotonine reuptake inhibitor, an opioid, a nicotinic antagonist among other things. So I'd expect ketamine to have a more difficult withdrawal than MXE.
All psychotropic drugs can change your brain structure and chemistry, but when we're talking about degenerative neurological damage, it has to be a very neurotoxic drug, like solvents, or extended exposure to a neurotoxic drug, like meth, MDMA, ethanol, cocaine, etc. Most of the latter cause damage through oxidative stress, while certain organic solvents are themselves neurotoxins, they act directly on the neuron causing it to start apoptosis.