• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crystal Meth - brains reward centres permanently damaged?

whatever 33

Greenlighter
I am new to this forum.

I come here seeking reassurance i guess..
I've only used crystal 5 times in my life (each time except for 1 being a 3 day binge) but they've all been pretty spaced out either by a few months or recently only a few weeks.
Each time i use i regret it more than the last and my life is becoming increasingly more miserable. This last recent time i used ive said 'thats enough' and decided never to use again..

At this stage I already feel like my brains been ravaged and will never recover.. Is this even possible after using only 5 times? (even though most those times they were binges) ??
I feel extremely depressed and lack motivation . Will this feeling ever go away ???

Ive changed my phone number , deleted all my contacts and starting seeking mental health ; not sure thats enough to keep me from relapsing onto it but wish me luck

There is definitely the possibility of some permanent changes with meth use. Depression and lack of motivation are common and should get somewhay better with time, therapy, and possibly medication.

That is what I was afraid of .
Is using 5 times enough to cause these 'permanent changes'.
I guess it would be hard to say .. I'm certainly starting to feel less optimistic about a positive future after using which is why I've taken measures to go near the stuff or anyone who uses it ever again.
I hope that I can bounce back from this .
Thanks for your comment @burritoJimmy

I seriously doubt five times is enough to do any serious damage.

No your brain is fine. Your dopamine is temporarily depleted.. you will recover. The most important thing to your mental health right now is living a life that you are happy with. If you are working a job you hate or are in a toxic relationship that can really amplify the negative feelings associated with drug use. Get out there and do stuff that makes you happy. For me thats going for a long hike in the sunshine. If you are a gamer get into a long story driven rpg to occupy your time.. may I suggest 'tales of berseria'... Do whatever makes you happy and before you know it you'll forget all about your meth use.

Last edited:
This will absolutely go away. Your brain is far from permanently damaged, more like temporarily knocked off balance. This is a normal reaction to (meth)amphetamine over use and while it can cause issues if done over long term it is all completely reversible especially when it's only short term use.

Stay clean from meth and i promise you this will go away and you'll be feeling normal again. Sometimes when i get too deep into amphetamine use i think the depressed feeling will never go away, but it always does after allowing time for abstinence.

If you wish to speed up this process eat healthy, get quality sleep, get a little excercise into your routine and you'll be feeling spry in no time.

Thank you everyone for your support. I am feeling much better. Still not 100% but slowly returning to my normal self.
Thank you so much! I was convinced I would never return to my default state . It's a truly horrifying prospect .
I'm motivated to never repeat the experience again. The initial high is not worth comedown imo. I am grateful for the Bluelight community;
I posted the exact same question on Reddit and just copped a bunch of nasty comments that were of no help at all .
Thank you all so much and I wish you all happy trails :)

I'm happy we could help console and calm you, If you ever take the other path and go through these feelings again don't forget what you've learned.

Glad to hear you are feeling well again.