• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Okay... need some sleep aid help

ThatAmazinChick

Greenlighter
So apparently when i get sober from dope/meth, I got insomnia...fucking badly, but only at night, day i can sleep or nap all day... when i quit it n passed out the first time was at night normal people hours and i have always been a real late night time person but i cant soberly be that anymore, it doesnt help me To stay sober... so anyone has any opinions or advice on what i should do about this? Especially with the fact i need to get up during normal hours get a job n work a shit ton of hours so i can pay rent before my landlord kicks me out.
And any good job ideas for someone in the U.S. like Dakota States area for a person with new felonies for like distribution of controlled sub n a couple other felonies of that nature....lol.... that is not effing food industries pleaseeeee.

I've found that working nights helps me to get some sleep, I still sleep like shit, but better than trying to do days.

There's OTC antihistamines that serve as sleep aids, e.g. diphenhydramine ("benadryl").

L-theanine and melatonin are fairly effective, non-recreational/non-addictive sleep aids, and are often sold as supplements over-the-counter.

Don't take naps during the day, no matter how much you want to. If you sleep during the day then obviously you can't sleep at night.

I'm not sure what you have access to but taking my 600 mgs of gabapentin at night with 1 mg of klonopin puts me out even when I want to watch tv.
My daughter gave me 2 Trazodone and I took 1 and it knocked me out. I was talking to her and my grandchild and then it was 6am. Freaked me out.
I used to have good luck with Advil PM gel caps and Nyquil gel caps. Many people recommend antihistamines so it wouldn't hurt to try.
Oh! Phenergan works great too but it's prescription so I don't know if you can get it.

Good luck. Staying awake at night when you know you have to work is a terrible feeling.

Benefits

Dealt with it all my life, I was put on Mirtazipine, a failed anti depressants family which worked very well for years but I built up a tolerance to maximum dose and switched to Trazadone , very popular and most physicians go first. No side effects except keeping racing thoughts until sleep I enjoyed how it kept me asleep.

I?m now taped out on off brand drugs and I never had any luck with anything remotely over the counter.

I was put on Zopiclone 7.5 at first then 15 which is maximum. If you are from the USA it?s marketed as ?Lunesta? it?s basically a Benzodiazepines but acts in the brain exactly same way. Works great for me along with 150 amitryptiline and 100 trazodone at night. I have once again built up a tolerance for lunesta. Just need to take right dose and not end up short.

Ask your health care professional about it. It?s in a class called hypnotics. Ambient etc

Very best sleep I had since elementary school:) it?s not a controlled substance and not monitored here in Canada but most in the class type are

Last edited:
With recipe for sleep after meth you can take levomepromazine, quetiapine or olanzapine in strong sleep aids or flurazepam, lormetazepam or midazolam as softer meds which are benzos and too you have the Z drugs such as zolpidem, zopiclone or zaleplon.
OTC the best option is a combination of doxylamine and hydroxyzine

I?ve been up for 2 on a regrettable dex trip beginning to see things and shakers are beyond plus sweating
Paranoid about everything including letting myself sleep any non benz medications that could smooth this out?

Over the counter sleep aids like Advil PM or any of the PM meds work well, as well as antihistamines as long as you don't have a tolerance to them already.

Before I was put on klonopin I preferred Advil PM because it always worked. Most antihistamines will make you drowsy, although you may have to take higher than normal dosages depending on how much Dex you took.

Barbiturates work well, but should be used with a medical doctor's supervision. Benzodiazepines such as flunitrazolam are safer as they cause much less respiratory depression.

I can't edit because I'm in Mobile version. I listed just those on the assumption that you don't have prescriptions for things like phenegren, which still knocks me out every night.

Grocery stores and pharmacies have everything in categories with signs and I love that because then I can go right to antihistamines or sleep aids or cough medicine, etc.

Also, I always preferred the gel caps over any other preparation. They work faster, for me anyway.

Barbiturates work well, but should be used with a medical doctor's supervision. Benzodiazepines such as flunitrazolam are safer as they cause much less respiratory depression.

Where does one even obtain Barbiturates these days? Wait don't answer that.
---
A spa seems to do wonders for me, esp at 102-104*F. Course the walk back in the house is fun with brief hypo tension and pruney fingertips too.