• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Has anyone else's sex drive decreased while on Suboxone/Subutex?

Xanaxian

Greenlighter
When I first got clean I was crazy horny. Having sex with my girlfriend in the morning, masterbating twice throughout the day and calling her later that night to have phone sex. So a pretty healthy libido. Now I've noticed that I don't masturbate anymore and I don't get that good feeling in the stomach when you get horny. The excitedness. I want my sex drive back. Can anyone help with any ideas. Any treatments to boost sex drive while on suboxone.

Yeah, sex drive decreases dramatically when addicted to opiates. In fact, testosterone lowers substantially. It's temporary and it recovers, but opiate addiction makes you stop caring much about sex, in my experience, and also dramatically decreases performance.

There are some herbs that really help with sex drive and performance. I used to take some when I was addicted to opiates. There is a line of sexual enhancement pills called Rhino, which is what I would use. They're really quite effective. If you have to be on opiates for now, it's worth at least trying.

Loss of sex drive while using suboxone

I am a recovering heroin addict and have been on suboxone for 5 years. My husband of 20yrs has been feeling neglected and unwanted bc I lost my ability to enjoy sex. It's not just a lack of drive. I literally do not feel my genitalia in the same way. I just recently came to this realization. I ran out of subs on Jan 5th and within 72 hours I began to be aroused. This was something I hadn't felt in a long time. Needless to say, the mind blowing sex helped wd. I actually could feel again and I had thought something was wrong with me. I made it to day 12 and a friend brought me 2 strips and I couldn't not take it. That night I had sex with my hubby and could not achieve the same result. I had no idea that it was so numbing, I don't think I can adequately convey the vast difference. I plan on using the subs I have now to taper down. I miss sex and my marriage needs it more than suboxone....wish me luck.

Shadow is right. Have your testosterone levels checked. Its a very important hormone that effects much more then your sex drive. You may need TRT or testosterone replacement therapy. Also I would certainly be taking Vitamine D and a quality multivitamin daily. There is information about the testosterone in the "im tired of looking for this" thread stickied up above.