L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I don't understand females...

Hi Madness,

Thanks for your message.

Well, I have never really contemplated the "prominent traits" of men and women to any great extent, except I have participated in discussions with others about those that we probably acquire through socialization that everyone seems to generalize about. In my experience (as a psychotherapist), I have not really found that there are "traits" that men have and women do not and visa versa. I will say that women and men are different, just not sure you can generalize as the poster I referred to did on the points he mentioned.

If the poster I referred to is generalizing that women are "train wrecks," then I think your point about more men than women are psychopaths, certainly debunks the stereotype that women are the "train wrecks" IMHO. However, your question is a good one to contemplate as to why more psychopaths are men.

My avatar is a golden retriever puppy, because I had two goldens, female and male, for 13 and 15 years, respectively, and just love that breed of dog. No hidden means there, I do not think :)

Thank you Samatha - I am glad you didn't get all worked up over my reply - no bad intentions.

You're right in that many men are "train wrecks". Regardless of the general prominent traits, which by and large are most likely created from our environment, both genders are equally likely to self-destruct. Some may even argue men are more likely to since the pressures on them to uphold their rank to support a family etc, even though in this day and age that notion is not as strong as it is in say, Asian cultures.

Your avatar is adorable and i hope you have a nice day :)

Dear Madness -

I was not offended by anything you asked me. You did a great job of trying not to do that, and I could tell, lol. Glad you felt comfortable to ask in the first place.

I liked all your comments in your reply to me. You are very insightful, and I like that in a person.

I love the avatar too. Unfortunately, when my two real ones had major health problems and my ex and I had to put them down if we did not want to watch them experience unimaginable pain and agony, it just about did me in emotionally. I never wanted to have to repeat that passing with another dog, ever! The avatar and my life-size golden that is one of those sand cast things that I named "Dave," and sits in my living room is just fine. And, it never has to go out, you don't have to feed, walk or get a dog sitter for it, lol. I actually got him in 2000 and told everyone he was the dog of the new millennium.

You have a nice day too ;).

I'm gay and I'm good. Guys are cool, girls are complicated so just cut them out the picture and boom. No stress. Girls need a reason to have sex, men just need a place. It doesn't work with a fish in the house, I love my Mom to death but she is a saint that can't do anything wrong. Vaginas also scare me, like they have teeth or something urg...

People change their minds. Maybe she just wanted to hook up and talk a bunch of nonsense because she's having issues with another guy and figured you would be a good way to give her some ammo against her man. He might've cheated or she thinks he is seeing someone behind her back, so she wants to even the playing the field. You were a convenient choice being right next door. Though, also a horrible choice because she led you on and now has to see you all the time. Hell, who knows, maybe she'll change her mind again and come back to wanting you. In that case I'd ask what's up? Like is this just some revenge shit or is she really interested?

I'm gay and I'm good. Guys are cool, girls are complicated so just cut them out the picture and boom. No stress. Girls need a reason to have sex, men just need a place. It doesn't work with a fish in the house, I love my Mom to death but she is a saint that can't do anything wrong. Vaginas also scare me, like they have teeth or something urg...

Lol, you mademe laugh, I preffer girls but this what you said is so correct bro :)

^ HAHA! Then don't watch the movie "Teeth", it will enhance your fear of teeth in the vagina. Those guys had it coming though.

Lol I think it’s funny reading the perceptions of genders throughout this thread. The same things guys think about girls such as being hard to read or complicated are the same things that occur in girls minds about guys too. I personally find guys sometimes extremely hard to read, but that bounces off how men and woman interact in society in general. Women tend to be more expressive and vulnerable in terms of expressing their emotions some people call this “too emotional.” Whereas some guys tend to be more reserved and solitude when dealing with emotions because of the masculinity appearance and the fact that most males struggle with learning how to express their feelings and communicate without society labeling them as feminine or pussies lol

its all bi-products of how we were raised and how we perceive genders. I don’t think one gender is complicated over the other, I think what makes people frustrated or left feeling clueless in dating are people who haven’t quite learned how to effectively communicate or verbally express their feelings so on the surface it seems manipulative or maybe so, but also can lead for a stressful dating experience.

Me personally, I’ll tell you exactly how I feel and I expect the same transparency from someone I date or meet etc or I’ll call you out on it until we can get a better atmosphere of communication, but people will only open up to those who give a safe space and environment to speak their feelings freely and for people they really want to keep in their lives, and in a judgement free zone so I try and mirror that as much as possible. At the end of the day, people will only put in so much effort into you as they want and if it’s not what you feel you’re worth, then leave and wait until you find the rite one, never settle and don’t give people a discount to your happinesss because there’s more where it came from. Girls aren’t complicated , people are :)

LMAO!! I used to work with a bunch of women and they gossiped about each other nonstop, then smiled in the person's face when they walked in. So fake. These were much older women too acting like they were in high school, it's like grow up already! Sorry, off topic.

OP, when you get ahold of your girlfriend are you going to break up? Obviously she's not what you want. In your other thread, you said she threatened to kill herself if you broke up, but you can't let her manipulate you that way. Be done with it already. Clean slate. Then you can move on without cheating on her.
I worked with women like this, they happened to be all black and would act like they were friends or cool with each other. But if you were talking one on one with them or working with them they would gossip, spread hateful rumors, and talk shit about each other, and they all did this. I was there to work and would just do my job, and go home.

Original Poster, your girlfriend or ex is toxic, and she has to be the person who gets help. Is she borderline personality, bipolar/manic/hypomania, or narcissistic? If she is suicidal get her help. If it was a claim or threat and she was not serious, this is manipulation and I suggest you cut all ties with her and find someone who is healthy and mentally stable, and mature to have a relationship with.

Last edited:
Women do this.

It's TRUE.

The gossip drama friendship groups at work do damage.

It's all true

Waaahh!

I worked with women like this, they happened to be all black and would act like they were friends or cool with each other. But if you were talking one on one with them or working with them they would gossip, spread hateful rumors, and talk shit about each other, and they all did this. I was there to work and would just do my job, and go home.
You simply save all your gossip talk for us on the internet.

How manly of you.

You simply save all your gossip talk for us on the internet.

How manly of you.
It isn't gossip. It is true. My friends, both women and men worked at the same company in different departments and they said how all of the women in that company would talk shit about each other and were the most unprofessional people they had ever worked with.