• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v Summer time cometh

please tell me why not to get in my car and pick up hard tonight. i know the reasons. i know what it does. but i know how that hit feels. i want a hit. it would be worth it for tonight. but i know what happens tomorrow. just some words to read in lieu. please and thank you.

it'll hurt the next day, or whenever you decide to come down

if you want to PM me about whatever's triggering you please do so <3

because life falls apart. after that first hit. it tricks you. into thinking nothing else matters. i?ll let everyone down. everyone who loves me. you don?t just take that first hit. it all falls apart. the reason i want it is because it?s so much. so knowing that power, why would i think i?m stronger.

Hit of heroin or cocaine?

<3

thanks, Captain.

TPD, i wanted crack. i did not go buy or smoke it. i am very happy i did not. that drug is a disaster.

a friend actually found a meeting for me instead. because my internet is only cellular and works like garbage. by the time it and standing around talking to people after was over, it was late enough to go to bed.

thanks, Captain.

TPD, i wanted crack. i did not go buy or smoke it. i am very happy i did not. that drug is a disaster.

a friend actually found a meeting for me instead. because my internet is only cellular and works like garbage. by the time it and standing around talking to people after was over, it was late enough to go to bed.

Congrats, man! I always find it to be such a relief when I get home from a meeting (or anything else, really) and realize that it's time for bed and that I didn't use.

3,000 miles later, I arrived in my new home town last Friday. The drive was not so bad; I got to see a lot of territory I'd never seen before. Now I'm crashing at a friend's place and applying for jobs.

Feeling good, recovery-wise. No major cravings or such.

I hope everyone is feeling good. <3

Awesome to hear you arrived sim.
Best of luck getting settled and in your job hunt.
Bad news at the mechanics today. Looking at a big fix soon (he quoted 1000). Other estimates range upward from 300.
Not exactly what I was hoping for moving into summer but works picking up and the monies gotta go somewhere I guess.....

thanks, Captain.

That just made my day hydro! :) Sounds like a good friend <3

How are you tonight?

Awesome to hear you arrived sim.
Best of luck getting settled and in your job hunt.
Bad news at the mechanics today. Looking at a big fix soon (he quoted 1000). Other estimates range upward from 300.
Not exactly what I was hoping for moving into summer but works picking up and the monies gotta go somewhere I guess.....

Did you take it to a dealer or mom and pop shop? Dealers tend to charge several hundred dollars an hour for labor and have minimum labor costs (as in they charge for 2hrs no matter how long it takes), small shops tend to be the way to go, if you can find a good one. What went wrong?

Also glad to hear you abstained hydro, and glad to hear you made it to the new home sim (jersey wasn't it?)

Did you take it to a dealer or mom and pop shop? Dealers tend to charge several hundred dollars an hour for labor and have minimum labor costs (as in they charge for 2hrs no matter how long it takes), small shops tend to be the way to go, if you can find a good one. What went wrong?)

It needs a new catalytic converter. I knew it was coming as the lights been on. Thankfully I still have a few months before the emissions test. So I can save me pennies
but this was just at a Mom and pop shop. But im calling and asking around. I found the other end of the spectrum at 300 but it seems ridiculously low. Some kinda folks have pointed out that a general after market, not OEM part, from a local auto supply store is only $200 bucks. Which might explain the other lower estimates.

Honestly Im not too worried about it, I just needed to vent. It sucks but I cant go without a car so ...
Its just learning how to cope with these stressful situations, when I would previously just get wasted. Admittedly, I got pretty stoned afterwards... its not sober but its harm reduction at its finest ha

Trying to take care of some bank issues that have been looming.
Then I noticed that because I had money in my account they took payments that were in arrears... There goes my car fix and then some ... Should have seen that coming. *sigh*

just got off the phone for a job interview. I got super nervous about it, but once things got rolling I think it went ok. Seems like a good gig; I hope I get it. This was interview number two out of, I think, three. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck moving forward with this prospective job sim.
How are (other) things at your new place?

I'm happy for you, sounds like a great opportunity, I hope you get it!!

Ash.

just got off the phone for a job interview. I got super nervous about it, but once things got rolling I think it went ok. Seems like a good gig; I hope I get it. This was interview number two out of, I think, three. Fingers crossed.

Six months without opiates except for 6 codeine/APAP pills for a bad throat pain.

I think I am at the baseline when it comes to feelings and depression.

Just some MDMA and LSD which ain't a problem for me so I consider myself being sober at the moment especially when compared to the times when I used opiates, benzos and Lyricas.

Too bad my drug councelor wouldn't call me sober if she would know that I still use those "hard" drugs once in a while :(

Hard to believe July is just around the corner. I'm looking forward to July. I have my reasons, vague and unformed though they still are :)

I’m not looking forward to the future anymore. Just subsisting.

Working on myself each day.

I was a daily drinker. Smashing 12 to 24 bottles of beer a day thrown in with a pack of smokes and cocaine when I could afford.

I am now 1 month sober since moving back home. Well 4 weeks as of today.

My head is still scrambled. I only started using coke in December. This was off and on. Otherwise alcohol was my 1st choice and love. Now a month later of being sober am craving coke more than booze.

Unfortunately I am an addict and always will be. So I need to stay sober for my own safety as my last suicide attempts failed.

Too bad my drug councelor wouldn't call me sober if she would know that I still use those "hard" drugs once in a while :(

My defintion of sober includes modest amounts of psyches from time to time too
Im much better using them sparingly than without.