• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v Summer time cometh

Glad to hear that captain, I've made a few pretty significant breakthroughs as well.

packing the car and saying my goodbyes. tomorrow morning me and the dog set off for the east coast (from CA). wish us luck! %)

8 days CT off opiates today. Physical symptoms are gone now, and my emotions are getting back in check slowly. The depression is lifting and I can see the wreckage now. Funny how when you're not being numbed by substances anymore you can see the fallout and all the things you've neglected.....

So for me summer will be about continuing on...and to try to rectify some of the distance I've created by isolating...They're not lofty goals but they're good ones I think.

Ash.

Hey SL friends! Hope you're doing well.

These past 8 months or so have been some of thee toughest I've ever had to endure, with my dad passing away right in front of me, my mom getting really sick, my best friend moving halfway around the world and so on.

Along with that, I'm trying to clean out and fix up this old house to put on the market, find a job, and of course... get/stay clean & sober!!!

Today I had 3 beers and 2 mg. of (prescribed) Ativan, and I'll probably do the same tonight before bed. It's not a lot, but it's not sober with a capital "S" either.

I picked up an old journal from 2012 where I wrote that I had taken 360 mg. of Oxy, 12 beers and 12 mg. of Xanax! It almost feels as though that happened to somebody else and I'm just reading about it, although I remember those days very well.

I just continue to do the best that I can every minute of every day.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

^And we thank you for your presence df :) <3

packing the car and saying my goodbyes. tomorrow morning me and the dog set off for the east coast (from CA). wish us luck! %)

What!!! Such good news! :)

Abstinence is still going strong... coming up on 6 months

But in a lot of ways Im not sober.
I find myself saying "Tomorrow"... but it never comes.

Learning to live for myself is far more challenging than I remember, especially when Ive worked all day.
Tomorrow... haha

T o C congratulations! Learning to live takes great practice and perseverance. Every minute of every day you grow in the skill of living. When I remember that every miracle I have ever experienced is in this very moment it becomes more attractive to be in this moment.

Yes, living in the moment seems so distant, even though I havent been drinking.
Perhaps because Im always stoned though. Or occupied with some sort of screen, admitedly to escape (as lame as that sounds, haha (?) )

Things went sideways at work, as someone cancelled and an already short week now got shorter.
Thankfully this hasnt happened in a while, but it kinda puts a damper on my weekend.
Im trying to not get carried away but its difficult.

Old me would drink but just one or two because I have to work this afternoon. New me would get stoned and do nothing.
I already smoked but Im tired of doing nothing. Oddly enough, its exhausting.
I think it might be tomorrow.

I'm really pleased with how SL is going. My summer is picking up a bit this week, so I won't have as much time to answer new posts/threads every day here.

If anyone wants quick feedback or feels something needs my attention, please quote one of my posts or send me a PM and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Hope everyone's June treats them well! <3

Thanks for letting us know TPD.

We will try to hold down the fort and stay out of trouble. ; )

Enjoy your summer, you deserve some time off.
Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

I'm really pleased with how SL is going. My summer is picking up a bit this week, so I won't have as much time to answer new posts/threads every day here.

If anyone wants quick feedback or feels something needs my attention, please quote one of my posts or send me a PM and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Hope everyone's June treats them well!

God damnit. Why do pet emergencies have to happen on Fridays after 5pm. Just when I thought I was getting back on my feet financially after my DUI. Fuck fuck fuck. God I want a drink.

God damnit. Why do pet emergencies have to happen on Fridays after 5pm. Just when I thought I was getting back on my feet financially after my DUI. Fuck fuck fuck. God I want a drink.

stay strong man

just take a breath

I'm having one hell of a day too

How'd you folks make out yesterday?
Is your dog ok aihfl?

Today Im taking care of some financial issues which have been looming for toooo long.I made a meeting with the bank tomorrow.
And Im applying to have my student loans deferred here shortly. It's not a permanent solution but itll buy me some time while I tackle this higher rate shit.
Fucking first world problems.

Part of me just wants to say forget my credit and just not pay it back. Create a stash under the mattress in gold bars or something.

June has bee dope free for me, thus far, and I plan on keeping it that way :)

No concrete summer plans as of yet, but I have a couple of friends who live down in Savannah (a coastal town, for those who aren't familiar) and I plan on going down there one of these weekends and spending some much needed time on the beach.

Other than that...besides the usual 9 to 5, just trying to keep busy. Spending weekends with friends and by the pool has made this season an easier one to stay clean through. Thank god!

In GA?

It’s been a while but I have been out there. Not Savannah specifically but GA.

Feeling ok myself.

Yep, Ga. I'm in the Atlanta area, its about a 3 hour drive from me. It's a nice town, I'd highly recommend a visit. Charleston sorta vibe.

please tell me why not to get in my car and pick up hard tonight. i know the reasons. i know what it does. but i know how that hit feels. i want a hit. it would be worth it for tonight. but i know what happens tomorrow. just some words to read in lieu. please and thank you.

because life falls apart. after that first hit. it tricks you. into thinking nothing else matters. i’ll let everyone down. everyone who loves me. you don’t just take that first hit. it all falls apart. the reason i want it is because it’s so much. so knowing that power, why would i think i’m stronger.