• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

best nfl wr corp v. 2018/19

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
inspired by the best wide receiver corp. in all of football?

who do you think stacks up this year? with the emergence of prolific, pass-catching running backs, let's stick to wr/te for now?

for me, i think the following stand out (for now in no particular order):

patriots
steelers
lions

honorable mentions to the:

panthers
raiders
falcons

counting down the days...

alasdair

Wow, nicely done on the Panthers mention. I would have been reluctant even though I'm obviously a fan. I think no question they are near the top in future potential but I feel like they'll have to prove themselves. Olsen has nothing to prove, but the rookies and other new acquisitions. Byrd was kind of a revelation early last season. No. 1 is Funchess' spot to lose, but there will be crazy pressure on him this year as our longest receiver in the last year of his contract.

As for everyone else, I feel like it's the usual suspects for the most part. New England, Pittsburgh, Atlanta.

As I said somewhere else, the Patriots were number one and they've only got better. Not too much of a stats/analytics guy...but you only needs your eyes to know that.

Wow, nicely done on the Panthers mention. I would have been reluctant even though I'm obviously a fan. I think no question they are near the top in future potential but I feel like they'll have to prove themselves. Olsen has nothing to prove, but the rookies and other new acquisitions. Byrd was kind of a revelation early last season. No. 1 is Funchess' spot to lose, but there will be crazy pressure on him this year as our longest receiver in the last year of his contract.
right. olsen is a big part of it but i think if funchess is healthy he's going to be trouble and if moore adapts quickly he could easily become the #1 guy. torrey smith has bounced around a bit but he's fast and stretches the field. curtis samuel is no slouch either and he rounds out the wr.

alasdair

I mean, there's so much new shit going into this season. Norv Turner as the new OC. A stacked wr corp, which is totally new for the Panthers. So many new guys. It's going to be exciting. What if everything clicks and they just explode through the NFC? Jfc...wish summer was over already.