• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May 'Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread' v. showers turn to flowers

I'd like to move somewhere nice. the neighborhood I live in is like a mix of thugs and ICP jiggalos/juggalettes. the smell of burnt plastic(from them burning the plastics off wire) is in the air 24/7.
Can't even go to and from the store without being hit up for change.

They're too lazy too just strip the wire? Lmao.

Can't even go to and from the store without being hit up for change.
So our previous mayor came up with this laughable solution to the panhandling problem downtown - there's literally blue boxes painted on the sidewalks and you can only panhandle from within one of the blue boxes. As you can imagine, that created it's own set of problems, mainly the homeless kicking the shit out of each other over the blue boxes. Now the city is doing away with the blue boxes, but they're making it illegal to panhandle at stoplights and at the bottom of exit ramps etc.

So our previous mayor came up with this laughable solution to the panhandling problem downtown - there's literally blue boxes painted on the sidewalks and you can only panhandle from within one of the blue boxes. As you can imagine, that created it's own set of problems, mainly the homeless kicking the shit out of each other over the blue boxes. Now the city is doing away with the blue boxes, but they're making it illegal to panhandle at stoplights and at the bottom of exit ramps etc.

I read that wrong and was thinking blue booths like these phone booths lol. I'm not sure which is more degrading though

8360.webp

That is just so wrong. Although a great opportunity for some street art. Get out there with a roll of tape and make the entire sidewalk a part of the blue box. You could start a movement "Blue Block Walk"

Panhandling is unsightly.
How about just "fucking irritating." And the guys at intersections and traffic signals, how about at least squeegee-ing my windshield like they do in New York City instead of just standing there like a fucking lump holding a sign and trying to look pathetic. Show some initiative.

SheWasLvL18 said:
That is just so wrong. Although a great opportunity for some street art. Get out there with a roll of tape and make the entire sidewalk a part of the blue box. You could start a movement "Blue Block Walk"

Since they were
beating the shit out of each other over the boxes anyway (especially after sidewalks got torn up for construction and became scarcer), I proposed a fight club to my city commissioner at a community event. The winners gets to use the boxes, the losers walk away with some cash as consolation, and the public wins because they can make money off betting. She called me "uncivilized" and I reminded her she voted for the blue boxes. Cunt.

You gotta do what you gotta do when your homeless. I know my state has like zero help for the homeless to begin with so it's not surprising desperation takes hold.

Glad that my state helps the homeless out a bit more, though it still is a drop in the bucket.

You gotta do what you gotta do when your homeless. I know my state has like zero help for the homeless to begin with so it's not surprising desperation takes hold.
There's just about a zero social safety net in Florida too. The only thing this place has going for it is if you have to sleep outside, at least you can't freeze to death. One of the organizations that used to provide meals got the rug pulled out from under them when the city said they were violating an ordinance because it was taking place in a public park. How mean-spirited can you get?

There's just about a zero social safety net in Florida too. The only thing this place has going for it is if you have to sleep outside, at least you can't freeze to death. One of the organizations that used to provide meals got the rug pulled out from under them when the city said they were violating an ordinance because it was taking place in a public park. How mean-spirited can you get?
I heard about that I think. Pretty ridiculous

Well fuck me. A week before the Atlantic hurricane season officially starts and we already have a fucking tropical storm out in the Gulf. Weekend is going to be a washout with 5-8" of rain forecast.

Ive been clean from H for 14 days and off of suboxone for 4 days but I relapsed and did H for the past 2 days. Nothing big, just 3 bags yesterday and 3 today but I don't want to do it anymore so I flushed the rest of my bundle before I went to bed tonight. I'm just nervous that I may have some withdrawals tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't but I really don't know how long you have to be doing it to get withdrawals. If anybody has any thoughts on this please let me know. Thanks

Ive been clean from H for 14 days and off of suboxone for 4 days but I relapsed and did H for the past 2 days. Nothing big, just 3 bags yesterday and 3 today but I don't want to do it anymore so I flushed the rest of my bundle before I went to bed tonight. I'm just nervous that I may have some withdrawals tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't but I really don't know how long you have to be doing it to get withdrawals. If anybody has any thoughts on this please let me know. Thanks

Good for you, Dan (for flushing the rest of that bun). Slips like this happen all the time; I bet you won't have any trouble brushing yourself off and continuing forward progress. Everyone's different, but I doubt you'll suffer much in the way of WDs from two days of fairly restrained use.

When I get tense I sometimes get these super gnarly back spasms. And today I got one (against the background of general moving-related anxiety). Doc gave me four tylenol 3's for the pain. This is the first time I've taken opioids for pain since I got into dope. I don't think a couple tylenol 3's are going to turn me into a foaming lunatic...hope not :).

When I get tense I sometimes get these super gnarly back spasms. And today I got one (against the background of general moving-related anxiety). Doc gave me four tylenol 3's for the pain. This is the first time I've taken opioids for pain since I got into dope. I don't think a couple tylenol 3's are going to turn me into a foaming lunatic...hope not :).

I get no enjoyment out of lower potency opiates; when I broke my arm I sold most of the pills because it wasn't helping - at all - with pain. Bupe was the only thing that worked.

I'm quite surprised that docs bother giving out lower potency opiates because they don't seem to work for pain in my experience.

You should be fine, but there's people who get super hooked on kratom, tramadol, etc - but you'd probably already know if you're one of these types. <3