dramamine?

littlecunt said:
What is "tripping in a traditional sence", anyway? Mushrooms cut off the oxygen to your brain. It is POISON, it's food poisoning.
Tripping is altering your perception through psychoactive drugs. Mushrooms contain psilocybin and psilocin as the chief active compounds, chemically known as O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine and 4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine respectively. These are psychoactive because of their effect in the serotonergic system in your brain. Serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain is 5-hydroxytryptamine
As you can hopefully see by the common 'tryptamine' in the names of both the drugs and the neurotransmitter, they share a structural background, which is why these drugs can act at the serotonin centres of the brain.
It has absolutely nothing to do with cutting off oxygen in your brain. If it did, we'd all be holding our breaths a lot more often.
Calling these chemicals poison is rather silly. Killing yourself from a psilocybin overdose would be quite a feat, the drug is effective at altering your perceptions at levels far short of those that may cause permanent physical damage. In short, they are not poison, and they do not cut off the supply of oxygen to your brain.

It's easy to ridicule drug use; lsd is a drug, too. It's a way for some one to escape reality; maybe they can't handle it. What ever you think is a better way to escape reality is your choice. i'm not trying to be harsh but this forum is supposed to be open minded. man, you're totaly just ridiculing this unique substance with no proper understanding of how powerful dramamine is; and what it can do.
I understand what dramamine is, and I have used anticholinergics/deleriants before to get high. Believe me, I know they are powerful. They are also extremely bad for you in the doses required to get strong psychoactive effects. We are talking real permanent brain damage each time you use them, they are in a different league than LSD, K and mushrooms altogether when it comes to the damage they can do. Use at your own risk, but know that you are seriously running the risk of fucking yourself up, far more than you would with responsible meth or heroin use.
FUCK, LSD IS RAT POISON. KETAMINE IS HORSE TRANQUILIZER. MUSHROOMS GROW ON COW SHIT. The fuck are you trying to tell me, that just because dramamine is over the counter it's wrong to do?
LSD has absolutely nothing to do with rat poison. Ketamine is a disassociative anaesthetic to be precise, and is still used on humans in medicine. The fact that mushrooms grow on cow shit means nothing.
The reason taking dramamine is risky is because it is a very dangerous drug, not because it is over the counter. Go buy a bottle of robitussin DX and trip off the dextromethorphan in it if you want a cheap over the counter intense high, but stay away from dramamine unless you are prepared to deal with the consequences.
Since you obviously aren't aware of them, and have shown to be rather ignorant when it comes to drugs, please do some reading before you continue using drugs. BTW I'm not trying to offend you here, we were all in your position once.
www.erowid.org

After watching what dramamine did to one of my friends, there is no way I'd ever take it!!

fuck dramamine, i've done it twice; no way am I ever going back to that shit.
I've done benadryl a couple times as well; sucks just as much.
Get some DXM, or some morning glory seeds instead. Fuck, just go smoke some weed.

I thought dramamine boosted the effects of the 3,3 diphenyl heptanone class of opiates (dipipanone, methadone, ORLAAM and so on) so maybe it has junkie value?

I did that sit one time, I was sitting on the couch then I thought to go upstairs for a drink so I'm halfway up the steps when all of a sudden I'm back on the couch and never left. Also non-existent telephone conversations and extreme headaches, good thing I puked.

Dramamine is very stupid, sense its not very stronf, your going to take alot, to the point where you get sick and it fucks with your brain. If you just want a normal relazing high, pop in about 6 Benadryls, and relax

haribo1 said:
I thought dramamine boosted the effects of the 3,3 diphenyl heptanone class of opiates (dipipanone, methadone, ORLAAM and so on) so maybe it has junkie value?
Everyone knows that diphenhydramine potentiates opiates.
Yes, I know dramamine is dimenhydrinate - which metabolizes to diphenhydramine in the body.

from what i've read, with this, you're risking liver-damage more than brain-damage... but i don't know much about it to begin with. i'm hoping... as I was once one of those dumb kids to take 17 pills (50mg each, if i remember correctly), and again another time at 9 pills, although I doubt that did much to me. the 17 pill 'trip' gave me a horrible hangover. saw the ninth gate the next day, which was horrible. had the feeling that a drill had just bored a hole in my temple. 9 just made me pass out, i think.. can't remember.

one thing it did though- it led me to Erowid, which got me interested in all other goodies :)

I wanted the "real deal" after this.

Initially, I took it on the suggestion of an acquaintance who said it gives an alcohol like buzz at about 12 pills. 12 did nothing, so I took more.. then it all kicked in at once.

Last edited:
i had a couple of interesting experiences as a teen with dramamine. sitting on my friends porch footing a skate board up and down then i realize there is no skateboard under my foot. then the yard started to ripple like the ocean in a bad storm and another time i took it, fell asleep and woke up and the room was rippling violently.

dramamine, was intense for my friend. The first time and only time that she's ever done DRAMAMINE was because she had taken a roll, but it wasn't affecting her. She liked it, but didn't like it at the same time, if she looked at the walls she thought killer strings were coming out of them and the walls were also closing in. Or playing rockband, she looked at a friend and said "look their little tiny ironed pants...........in a tiny convenient store." haha she also tried to pet a cat that wasn't there, her cats aren't allowed inside. and she yelled at her mom to move from in front of the tv so she could be "Awesome" at Rock Band. She was actually sucking a lot of horribleness on that game that night, due to the fact she would just be playing and just zone out like, she'd continuously start to slow down then she would just stop completely for like 10 seconds and she would be like wowowowowowowow why is every song like 20 minutes long. Honestly, if I would have saw the shit she did, I would probably freak. Also another friend of mine, around christmas time in 2007 my friend saw her cat on a christmas tree and was yellin at her mom who really was there to get the f-in cat off the tree. Her boyfriend, who is like my brother was on dramamine as well, and he had a full legnth conversation with his dad, like he said he could see his dad down to the T. like the gray spot of hair in his beard and everything. and he also saw his girlfriend's little sister getting off the bus, yet she was in her room asleep. Another one of my friends took a bottle of it at school, and at lunch time he thought it was time to leave and went out to the bus ramp and was freaking out because there were no buses and he thought he was the only one at school with no ride home or anything. He's now expelled :p k that's my whole story.

yea fuck dramamine...I've never done it but I've seen my friends on it and it scared me away from it. The thing about that drug is that it's not a psychedelic...it's a delirient. When ur on it ur pretty much out of ur mind and u don't know it...a while back me and a few friends were spending the night at someones house and we had each bought a roll of drams for the night....I had never done it but at the last second (thank god) I wised up and decided that at least one of us should stay sober and keep watch...cuz I didn't kno wtf would happen. I watched my friends sit there and have the most fucked up conversations I've ever heard in my life...I wish to god that I would've had a recorder or video cam or something...what they were saying to each other made absolutely no sense at all and they didn't even realize it. I remember my friend Jake picking up my boot and examining it like it was the most interesting thing he'd ever seen. In the middle of the night my friend jeremy actually went into johnny's mum's room and got in bed with her and started taking off her socks...he had no idea that he was doing this and he doesn't remember doing it. They were fucked up all the next day too...my bud johnny told me that he had a conversation with someone on the phone for like an hour...only to find out later that no one was on the other end. He told me that he saw jimi hendrix laying on his bed with his guitar and he said that at the time all he could think was how pissed he was that someone was on his bed...cuz he just wanted to go to sleep. He said that when ur on it the scary thing is that u don't kno what's real and whats not...like if his parents would say something to him then he'd be afraid to answer cuz he didn't kno if they rly said it or not. As for the after effects...he had done it only a couple times but he said he didn't feel right for months after that...he said that he would see shadows and shit in the corner of his eyes for like months. He honestly does not recommend it lol.

ahh the things we do to get high. I've tried this a couple times back in highschool with no pleasing effects either time. I can say that I did have some "trippy" effects, but they were no where close to being enjoyable. The worst part about my experiences was being extremely sleepy, but when I layed down to go to sleep it was nearly impossible due to the fact that my legs felt like they wanted to run a marathon. I couldn't keep them still (it was somewhat painful/irritating). I actually had to get up and walk around the house several times. Anyone else had this same kind of reaction?

Another example of the wrong type of bluelighter. You shouldn't just go around touting a drug's effects without researching it first. We have to at least act as if we are educated. Drugs can kill you if used incorrectly. Hell, alot of drugs can kill you even if you DO use it correctly.

I tried draminine when I had no other options to illegal narcotics (it seems like my sources were out of town or dried out), so I did a little bit of research on Erowid and found out that you dont need to get a script for an OTC like Dramimine which has potential recreational value. Although most of the reviews on erowid were negative trip reports, I thought I might enjoy it, seeing how I like fcked up trips and going into the K-hole (on ketamine) and having an OBE (out of body experience, which i experienced the first time i k-holed).

Anyway, i got a hold of 12 pills of dramamine at 50mg each from my nearby friendly local pharmacist and swallowed all 12. It took time for it to come on. I was sitting on my bed, listening to music. About the 45 min mark, the effects of dramamine started to flood my body and did so gradually, over the course of the next several hours.

What happened over the course of the next few hours was very very weird indeed. I experienced some psychedelia (though not to the extent of shrooms or LSD), my throat became really really dry until i can't even talk (and even then, it was slurred speech), my bedroom had an "organic" feeling to it, moving and bending its walls and shapes to the sound of the garbled music playing off my stereo.

It felt like the scene from "Clockwork Orange", where I was strapped to the chair by the scientiest and forced to undergo experiments.

I would say the experience is scary for most people (thats y most people dont try it more than twice), but I loved the scary aspect of it and just rode the effects of the drug all the way.

About the 3 hr mark after I swallowed the dramamine, I had to meet a friend in a restaurant for dinner. It was surreal. I was movign restlessly in my seat and shifting my eyes and body almost every second and i felt the whole scene was surreal, like something out of a movie....like the other patrons were not real, the fish tank was not real, even the decor was not real....all the while thinking to myself, when will this nightmare end? Are those guys talking about me or looking at me? When will I feel normal/in control of my body again?

ok ok im rambling, to cut it short, most likely you will not like the experience of a dramamine trip as it is very highly to induce paranoia and extreme irrational fear in the people that care to use it. But I loved every single terrifying moment of it :)

fuck it!!!! I took 800 mg of this shit and I had horrible halucinations like hearing voices and seeing beheaded people staring at me when the lights were off. DONT DO IT!!!

yeah seriously, I'm pretty positive that it's safe to say that the effects from dramamine are very similar to that of someone with schizophrenia... I took 12 the time I did it and I swear I was in the shower (trying to feel better since it makes you feel very shitty and heavy and you can't really talk to anyone) and I heard my grandpa come in the bathroom to go pee. I started to talking to him, asking him how his day was, and he answered me but in a weiirrrrd voice, one that definitely didn't sound like him. I finally looked out of the curtains and saw him disappear... after that i laid in bed but could never fall asleep (it was 3 in the afternoon)... I kept popping up out of bed having very weird hallucinations...

pretty much, when you're on acid or shrooms, 90% of the time, you can tell the difference between what's real and what isn't... on dramamine, 90% you have no clue that what you're seeing is in fact not real because it seems so normal when it happens... try if you must but I feel sorry for anyone that has to go through that