• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 395: Shadows (VOTING CLOSED)

Who's shall become BL's resident Shadowmeister?

• bptubbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFC

• BehindtheShadow

• Xorkoth

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • mal3volent

• Herbavore

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Globetrotter

• White_Rose

• aihfl

• Buspersons Holiday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CFC

Bluelight Crew
VOTING CLOSED

Congradulations to our returning champ! Please welcome Shadowmeister Xorkoth!

1. bptubbs

2. CFC

3. BehindtheShadow
166hlle.jpg

4. Xorkoth

5. mal3volent

6. Herbavore

7. Globetrotter
26733750_10155796453906041_4735540758181774493_n.jpg

8. White_Rose

9. aihfl
3ela8.jpg

10. Buspersons Holiday
uuMPhAQl.jpg

11. hydroazuanacaine

------------------------------------------

This round's theme is SHADOWS
as selected by your reigning joint Gardenmeisters and winners of the hotly contested Round 394:
White_Rose and herbavore

Let's see some shadows folks! Whether it's a beautiful tapestry of gently-coloured chromatic contrasts, or a scene of stark black and white, submit your favourite interpretation of this theme below! Given the flexibility of the subject, this round really offers you the opportunity to showcase anything you like.

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until June 4th.
  3. Voting will be open from June 5th to the 26th.
  4. Photographs or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This contest, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Shadowmeister.
  9. PS don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new Shadowmeister special profile title (which also comes with special discounts in the staff canteen)!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, to clarify:

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. But you'll have to pick one for the final submission on June 4th

Last edited:
Holy shit. That's a badass title. I'm going to have to break some thumbs for this one.

^ yeah man, you're gonna have to pull out all the stops :) And we accept re-submissions up to the deadline if you're not sure which one to pick or change your mind.

Just to be confirm...we can interpret the theme "shadows" to mean whatever we would like, correct?

Sure thing. You can explain why you think your picture fits the category too if you think it helps promote that idea :)

Zoplicone Bandit is going to have a hell of a time choosing from his photos!

I wonder if this round will have a lot more B&W than usual?

54ixea.jpg

Gotta get into the city one night for a better one.

Yaay! Tubbsy gets things going :)

I really like that shot mate - the texture is fascinating.

Did you have to process/filter to get that, or did it just come out like that naturally?

I dropped the lighting down just a bit, but it came out that way without too much work on my part. It's growing on me, but I'd love to get a shot in the city, the way the shadows fall in some of the sketchy neighborhoods is fascinating to me, with light passing through busted windows, gaps in fences etc, has a layer of texture that's hard to find elsewhere.

Last edited:
Okay, I feel like I HAVE to be a "shadowmeister" at some point in my life, even if it's just for a month. But I'm nearly certain our resident z-drug thief will get the title, at least assuming he is still a resident.

I've got some good possible entries, I'll think about it a little. I have some from the solar eclipse last year, I don't know if you guys have ever seen the shadows as the sun starts to get covered, but it's like they're made up of tiny crescents the same shape as the sun, instead of being solid. I remember there was a partial solar eclipse when I was in 6th grade and I noticed it, and I was trying to tell adults about it but they were like "oh okay honey, that's cool, we're trying to talk" 8) I never knew if I was just imagining it, but now I have photographic evidence. %)

By the way, nice photo tubbs. :)

Yeah I watched the one last year while at work, looked almost like ripples on the ground... it was pretty trippy.

Damn BtS your dog is cute. Has anyone ever told you that? ;)

My little brother has a dog that looks a lot like that, he's an Australian Shepherd. Also my girlfriend's neighbor's dog who is I believe an English Shepherd. What kind of dog is yours?

CFC: That's stunningly beautiful