Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Vortech

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is being posted a little late because he passed away a couple of months ago now. But Vortech dropped into PD to let us know that he had been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of bile duct cancer. Within a short time, some of us who were friends with him on Facebook found out that he had lost his battle. :( I had recently met him and had him stay at my house for a week, and I got to know him in a different way than I did over the years on the board. Cliff, you were truly a unique soul. Rarely have I met anyone as positive as you, and as interested in exploring your own mind. You were an amazing electronic music producer... in fact when you showed me your album you produced when you were 17 (back in, what, 1999?), it literally blew my mind. It sounded like cutting-edge psychedelic dubstep, when dubstep wasn't even a thing yet. At that party we went to when you visited, where you played some of your music during it, everyone later told me how impressive it was.

I'll miss your words of wisdom and your stream of consciousness spontaneous poetry. Rest in peace, man. <3

He had a beautifully unique way of looking at life. The world certainly is a bit duller without him around.

Oh man. I heard about this when it happened, but it still doesn't quite seem real. Taken so soon.

RIP

Hey everyone. This is from Vortech's last post that I could find, going back to 1/2/2018. I quoted it once before on PD Social but thought it was worth repeating:

"...
make the best of the precious time and health you have, it really is a gift; it can be taken from you in a flash before you can blink. I know what it can seem like in those dark spots, but just do whatever you need to get to that light at the end of the tunnel. 'the only way out is through'. Whatever that is unique and personal to you, and it probably isn't just one thing either, downward spirals don't happen generally from just one isolated thing. but taking it one thing at a time is at least the right path.

I'm really not wanting to sound preachy, and I don't have a whole lot of room to talk, but I like to think my current situation has afforded me a bit of clarity about life's fragility and why that makes it so valuable."

That still gives me chills. Sometimes it's very hard for me to do when I'm having a really bad day, but I always try.

I actually did it today at the gas pump, of all places. I woke up with a lot on my mind and a long day ahead of me. I finally managed to scrape up a few dollars to keep my tank from running out and went to the gas station. I was standing there in a crappy mood, feeling sorry for myself.

The sun was shining, the birds were singing and a warm breeze was blowing through my hair. All of a sudden I thought of our friend Vortech and got really irritated with myself for being so miserable. I started to look around and think about all of the blessings I've had (and still have) in my life.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

RIP Vortech.

The few interactions I had with you truly stick with me, you were so positive for the situation you were in. It reminds me to find joy in the small things, no matter how heavy the weight that is placed on you.

Hey everyone. This is from Vortech's last post that I could find, going back to 1/2/2018. I quoted it once before on PD Social but thought it was worth repeating:

"...
make the best of the precious time and health you have, it really is a gift; it can be taken from you in a flash before you can blink. I know what it can seem like in those dark spots, but just do whatever you need to get to that light at the end of the tunnel. 'the only way out is through'. Whatever that is unique and personal to you, and it probably isn't just one thing either, downward spirals don't happen generally from just one isolated thing. but taking it one thing at a time is at least the right path.

I'm really not wanting to sound preachy, and I don't have a whole lot of room to talk, but I like to think my current situation has afforded me a bit of clarity about life's fragility and why that makes it so valuable."

That still gives me chills. Sometimes it's very hard for me to do when I'm having a really bad day, but I always try.

I actually did it today at the gas pump, of all places. I woke up with a lot on my mind and a long day ahead of me. I finally managed to scrape up a few dollars to keep my tank from running out and went to the gas station. I was standing there in a crappy mood, feeling sorry for myself.

The sun was shining, the birds were singing and a warm breeze was blowing through my hair. All of a sudden I thought of our friend Vortech and got really irritated with myself for being so miserable. I started to look around and think about all of the blessings I've had (and still have) in my life.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

This post would make Vortech really, really happy.<3

Thank you much for posting that dreamflyer, I remember when you posted it right after we found out he died, and I was trying to find it for the first post but couldn't. <3

Was really sad to hear about your passing Vortech. I really admired you; your opinions, your outlook on life, your skills and your quest to deepen our understanding of psychoactive chemicals and the the deeper nature of existence. A lot of your insights really resonated with my way of looking at things and I was eager to read your posts when you made them.

You didn't have an easy life and most of us living through your circumstances would have formed a grim outlook on life, but you stayed positive all the way to the end. I know you struggled with opiate addiction for a part of your life and was really proud of you for quitting in 2017. I also remember a post you made a couple years ago where you predicted your forthcoming death. I wondered at the time if you were being dramatic. Guess not.

We chatted a few times online and on the phone. Hoped to meet you in person one day. Perhaps one day I will. RIP Vortech. You'll be missed.

As Vortech would say: "Flex your fields everyone. [...] Reality is malleable, flippincomprehensible, facts interpolatable, and matter doesn't matter because love is unmistakably the key to creativity, the force that drives humanity, transformative, the formative creator of the universal principle is the best I can describe it, while honestly and humbly admitting its essence is more than anything individually transcending informational."

I truly do love his stream of consciousness poetry. When I spent a week with him, he really did talk like that.

Vortech you were truly one of a kind for sure! RIP brother, I'm sure your down here lookin' in on us helping anyway you can! It's always sad to see someone so unique pass on, the world is surely darker without your presence, and your light to illuminate it!

A truly positive poster, and great contributor. I mean the guy wrote a book on MXE for fucks sake. If that's not a fitting legacy I do not know what is.

RIP brother

loved vortech - always came across as a very interesting and kind dude..

No...

I have been looking everywhere for Vortech on the boards since taking a three month break...he was the only one on the board that truly understood my MXE rants. Nothing was too out there for Vortech. He would take my own idea and spin it into something far more eloquent that made perfect sense.

RIP

I have to be honest here. I am not a new user however I only have this account so in essence I am here again the same person, albeit a renewed vision and purpose. Simply want to feel my journey ends with accomplishment inside myself rather than drifting away from a place of meaninglessness.

Anyways this is about Vortech. I knew him from the MXE days. We were actively using it at the same time here.

RIP Vortech.

I think he would want us to stay optimistic and not mope so I offer these for inspiration if any need it,

https://youtu.be/Y_WBBMfiIHo

alan-watts-quote-on-death-1-picture-quote-1.jpg

Truly a disheartening passing but it is nice to see him enshrined here in such a heartwarming manner.

Last edited:
RIP Vortech. Glad to see a shrine thread. I appreciated his thoughts and understood a lot. He had a unique way of looking at things.

Rip friend. Was so sorry to hear this and shocked by the rapidity. But if anyone guy was prepared for such a weird trip, I think it was vortech <3