The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Atlanta, Georgia

BSUser

Greenlighter
Just moved to town. How's the h scene in Atlanta? H was huge out west...hope the same is true for Atlanta!

Bump.

I may move to Atlanta in the future for work. Anyone have any opinions on the city?

Is it cool??

Half a million people - a bit smaller than boston. I could deal with that. I love small, walk-able cities.

Bump.

I may move to Atlanta in the future for work. Anyone have any opinions on the city?

Is it cool??

Half a million people - a bit smaller than boston. I could deal with that. I love small, walk-able cities.

Little Five Points is pretty awesom

They don't call it " HOTlants" for no reason. Eight months a years, very nice and pleasant Four months of the years Hot and Humid as shit!!
Atlanta is one of my most favorate souther cities ( not a fan of the South in general) Great sports, beautiful women, and a shit load of Red necks, who like to drink beer,trucks, and guns :p:D

Right on - I love hunting and I love beautiful black women.

Damn. I wish they had that east coast edge though, you know? Like blunt to a fault?

in the olden days we had a scene. At last count there are at least ten of us here. But a good number of us are probably dead. Pander Bear and I have lived here for ten years, and have hosted multiple BL meet ups and at one point we had a house full of all Bluelighters. That was a long time ago. It's not a walkable city, don't lie to yourself. It's a black majority city and it is a black majority leadership city. I don't know any rednecks except for ChickenScratch because most of them are so racist they can't stand to live under a black mayor. The dogfood is poison and it kills tons of people here because it's so dirty. There are multiple posts a week in the subreddit about the dirty dogfood and I would definitely advise against picking up off the street.

Welcome to Atlanta.

Atlanta is a great city. Diverse, awesome restaurants, heart breaking sports town but at least we have sports, strong economy, small towns within the city, great music scene...I could keep going. That said, we’re full, so you can’t come here.

The Atlanta Metro Area extends to Tennessee in the North and to Birmingham in the South. You can move to four different states and still live in "Atlanta". The city is not organized like the North, and is hostile to pedestrians. The number one location for missed connections here is "the car". Also it was 100F this weekend.

Madness, interesting, I live in Mass too but have been seriously considering moving to ATL. I have been to the city many times, and know my way around for the most part. It is a somewhat "walkable" city BUT it def is better to have a vehicle and/or take metro. It does have a somewhat small City vibe and I've never had any issues with crime. I have hung out on the westside, Vine city, bankhead as well as East Atlanta, bouldercrest Rd. There is always something going on on the weekends which is really cool. No matter what type of music your into, rap/country/rock/hippie/reggae it's all there and often pretty cheap compared to a show in Beantown. Also prices for housing are much better, if you pay $1500 for an apt in the NE with that money you can find a much nicer place in ATL or the area surrounding it. Even rent a small house depending on where you want to live. I'm originally from Philly, and go back n forth from Springfield MA and there but I'm super sick of the Northeast and have been seriously considering a more permanent move down south. For me it was between ATL, Houston, and NO.

What Kenickie says about the heat is true. It is hot and humid to the point of suffication. Just something to consider since you're from the Northeast. ;)

Yea, I hate the summer here. But fall and spring make up for it. I’m gonna lay in a pool today and drink 100 Miller Lights.

wow I can't believe Atlanta and New Orleans are in the same sentence as Houston. Houston is a NIGHTMARE. like all the worst parts of Atlanta and New Orleans, times 100x and even hotter. Do not move to Houston. Living in your car would be cheaper, more efficient and less of a wound on the planet. Atlanta has weak zoning. Houston has no zoning. Shout out to Port Arthur though.

Houston has actually become super diverse, with a booming economy and pretty solid food scene. That said, I’d rather brush my teeth with razor blades than live there.

"Super diverse": white people live there? and stop being such a republican. you've said "economy" like three times right now. this is a drug forum dude. I'm sure there's some nazi tweakers who are excited to know where there aren't any poor negroes in your boom towns.

I've lived in Texas before. Both SA and Austin for several years. I've been to HTX several times and I think the culture is very interesting. To each their own, I'm sure some people could and would say the same thing about NO being "ghetto" and also very dangerous. All three of those cities are fairly diverse because as we all know it's 2019 and they all are major cities. Plenty of diversity in all three cities. All have amazing food, cheaper housing than the NE and all have equally interesting but different backgrounds and cultures. If you would rather "brush your teeth w/ a razor" than live in HTX that's on you, but I would also say perhaps you should open your mind and experience for yourself as it is an amazing city with MANY opportunities.

I've lived in Texas before. Both SA and Austin for several years. I've been to HTX several times and I think the culture is very interesting. To each their own, I'm sure some people could and would say the same thing about NO being "ghetto" and also very dangerous. All three of those cities are fairly diverse because as we all know it's 2019 and they all are major cities. Plenty of diversity in all three cities. All have amazing food, cheaper housing than the NE and all have equally interesting but different backgrounds and cultures. If you would rather "brush your teeth w/ a razor" than live in HTX that's on you, but I would also say perhaps you should open your mind and experience for yourself as it is an amazing city with MANY opportunities.

So “brushing my teeth with razors” may have been a bit harsh. I go there for work every so often and it’s just not a place I would want to live. Atlanta is hot and humid, but Houston is miserable. Being close to Galveston is a plus, though.

I think you and I are basically saying the same thing. Big city with plenty of opportunity. Between Atlanta, New Orleans and Houston I just think a lot of folks don’t realize all of what’s actually happening in Houston and just see it as some shithole in South Texas, which it’s not. Decent city, but definitely not for me, although I’m sure I’d make it just fine if I had to live there.

Hell, I absolutely love New Orleans, but couldn’t ever see myself living there.

Ken - I’m 40 now, so I’m pretty fucking boring. ECONOMY

Madness, interesting, I live in Mass too but have been seriously considering moving to ATL. I have been to the city many times, and know my way around for the most part. It is a somewhat "walkable" city BUT it def is better to have a vehicle and/or take metro. It does have a somewhat small City vibe and I've never had any issues with crime. I have hung out on the westside, Vine city, bankhead as well as East Atlanta, bouldercrest Rd. There is always something going on on the weekends which is really cool. No matter what type of music your into, rap/country/rock/hippie/reggae it's all there and often pretty cheap compared to a show in Beantown. Also prices for housing are much better, if you pay $1500 for an apt in the NE with that money you can find a much nicer place in ATL or the area surrounding it. Even rent a small house depending on where you want to live. I'm originally from Philly, and go back n forth from Springfield MA and there but I'm super sick of the Northeast and have been seriously considering a more permanent move down south. For me it was between ATL, Houston, and NO.

Thanks - good to know.

I'd love a cheaper place to live - the best you can do is 1,200 for a studio in jamacia plain (not bad) or 800 for a shared apartment with four other guys in Dorchester.

Last edited: