• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Maximum legal prescribed dose of Vyvanse

Status
Not open for further replies.

anxiolyticpeace

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! This is my first post here so please let me know if I mess anything up :). So I'm concerned with the dosage of Vyvanse and Adderall that my mom's been prescribed for the last couple years. She weighs 140 lbs and is prescribed 130mg of Vyvanse in the morning and 30mg of Adderall in the afternoon. Previously however, she's been prescribed up to 210mg of Vyvanse daily by the same doctor. I have a lot of experience with stimulants (prescription and RC's) and this raised a red flag for me. I'm relatively knowledgeable of Vyvanse and I'm worried about the long term effects. I feel like there haven't been enough long term studies of high amphetamine consumption to definitely conclude that there will be long term damage if she continues on this dose; however, I still feel like this is too much. Do you guys think there is a possibility of neurological damage? This much dopamine is bound to have neurotoxic effects right? Also, is there a legal maximum dose a psychiatrist is allowed to prescribe you or is it totally up to the doctors discretion?

Status
Not open for further replies.