• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax use

llamagoose

Greenlighter
College student, experienced with MDMA, Cocaine and most 'party drugs', and used psychadelics such as LSD (and 1-P) and DMT.

Growing a bit tired of weed recently...

I've gained access to a few XANAX bars (2mg) however I've read about withdrawl etc. but is it okay to take a low dosage (quarter of a bar etc.) occasionally to relax or will the potential negative effects outweigh anything I'd gain?

- after classes am I ok to take some to relax, or recreationally at parties (not drinking) or is it not worth it?

**First time posting**

Yes it's okay to take a quarter of a bar every now and then. Tolerance will build eventually though.

Generally withdrawal occurs after you're physically addicted, just never take it 7 days in a row. Also never mix it with alcohol two CNS depressants can produce death unexpectedly.

Hey welcome to Bluelight!

I think you're going to get a pretty 50/50 response on this one. A lot of people don't find benzos to be that recreational by themselves and some even find that benzos make it harder for them to enjoy things. Others, myself included, enjoy benzos a lot but even still I would want some weed to smoke with it.

Honestly, benzos aren't an in-your-face type of high, unless you've taken an extremely high dose which you probably won't remember. There's a pretty good chance you won't enjoy them, but if you do feel like trying it then taking a quarter of a bar is the safest dose and taking more might just make you fall asleep. Benzos have an amazing way of removing your inhibitions, not like alcohol or other drugs where you're aware of your poor judgement, with benzos you honestly believe you are fine, but in reality you're slurring and stumbling. Make sure you're not driving and stay safe.

Personally i don?t find any pleasure in benzos. If i was extremely stressed out from like school or work or having a bad trip they might help take the edge off but other then anxiety relief they have no recreational value.

If you take them every once in a while after work/school or during a party that should be perfectly fine. That being said i have to emphasize that you should be extremely cautious if you are going to drink and take benzos.

You seem to be aware that this combo is not good. it?s extremely easy to underestimate how tucked up you are on this combo and that will lead some people to take more because they think they aren?t really drunk/high, that leads to a blackout, and a blackout leads to people doing some really stupid shit they later regret.

Last edited:
Hey Llamagoose, allow me to welcome you to the forums on behalf of the staff and community at-large! I give you praise for taking these potential consequences into consideration before using new substances. You're already way ahead of the curve, so good for you.

Now, the thing with Benzodiazepines is, they are not necessarily what you would call a "recreational" or "fun" substance in their own right. For people with particularly severe anxiety/panic, the relief and numbing of emotions that Benzodiazepines tend to produce, can feel amazing. For the average person, this numbing effect, if you can call it that, is not really fun. If you're familiar with substances like MDMA, you can't even put Benzodiazepines into the same category in terms of subjective enjoyment.

But, to answer your question, if you would like to try a small amount of Alprazolam (Xanax) and relax, there's no inherent danger and you won't become dependent after using the drug for a few sporadic experiences. You're right that a quarter of a bar, or 0.5mg is probably the best place to start. If you are going to be in a social setting and indulging in Alcohol (I know you said you won't), you definitely can't exceed this dosage and would do best to just not combine them.

You seem to be taking all potential outcomes into consideration and are approaching this with Harm Reduction in mind. I don't see anything dangerous or wrong with what you're doing. That's if my opinion is worth anything of course.

College student, experienced with MDMA, Cocaine and most 'party drugs', and used psychadelics such as LSD (and 1-P) and DMT.

Growing a bit tired of weed recently...

I've gained access to a few XANAX bars (2mg) however I've read about withdrawl etc. but is it okay to take a low dosage (quarter of a bar etc.) occasionally to relax or will the potential negative effects outweigh anything I'd gain?

- after classes am I ok to take some to relax, or recreationally at parties (not drinking) or is it not worth it?

**First time posting**

Recreationally? Little value. You might just black out even without alcohol and do stupid things like when you are drunk as fuck.

A moderate dose for a comedown? Great if you don't do it every weekend. Also occasionally before an important appointment (when you know the effects and perfect dosage for yourself) or a date if you are totally anxious regarding women - should be okay.
Just don't do it too often