• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Needle is the Devil + Bluelight lunacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatcherInPopEfield

Greenlighter
I wish I never started shooting up because now I've not been able to stop. I thought it was all exaggerations and fallacy but shooting up is a zillion times better & I need way less pills for the desired effect. I'm becoming addicted to the needle itself too, which sucks. I also prefer IM to IV, the rush is just right with this method.

As for the lunacy I've seen on Bluelight, how can ANYONE think street drugs like heroin & even worse, meth are safer to shoot than pills?? Meth especially had a bunch of acidic shit in it that's not meant for human consumption & will burn your veins/tissues all to hell. Heroin is also called junk for a reason, it's stepped on with a lot of JUNK not meant to be absorbed by your tissues.

As long as the pills aren't the kind that gel up & you filter, it's significantly safer having pharmaceutical grade particulates to deal with than that street crap. Just filter, filter, filter!

I don?t know if the materials in heroin are any more dangerous to inject then pills, besides the risk of unknown purity and unknown cuts.

Pills are extremely unhealthy to inject, you should get a wheel filter before you destroy your health.

I really hope you are using a micron filter. I assume you are. If you aren't and are IMing you pills with just cotton...well to use your word, lunacy.

If not using a micron filter, then most heroin which hasn't been stepped on at every rung down the ladder is without a doubt safer than shooting pills. I mean I don't know what most people's gear looks like after dissolving, but 9/10 times what I got would dissolve almost completely(or at least to the naked eye) while even run of the mill IR pills would still leave a pile of insoluble matter. I think the real problem is that pills contain things we KNOW to be harmful and cause both acute injuries around the injection site, and also chronic problems such as accumulation in the lungs and circulatory system, and said substances are often some of the hardest to remove.

Honestly, its pretty obvious by your post that you are relying pretty solely on intuition and hearsay and don't have intimate knowledge on the subject and aren't in a position to make such assertions.

Hey man, I hope you get off the needle and dope. That shit is a walk through heaven on your way to hell. With love - T

Thanks, Opana. I plan on detoxing this weekend & will be off the needle.

As for Cool whip, I actually have a medical background and you sound like someone without any knowledge in health science & listens to junkie folklore. Instant release pills (not extended) are much safer as generally the medication is water solouable and all the sediments sink to the bottom. Then you filter on top of that and have a nearly pure solute.

How you think acidic drugs like meth cut with battery acid or heroin with baby powder in it could be safer, is insanity. Not to mention the bacteria. You've never heard of junkies blocking up their valves with street smack, or losing a limb?

^while you do make a decent argument, I also have a medical background and have to lean towards coolwhips side of the fence. We know what ingredients are in the pill, and we know they are harmful
Think about a 30mg oxy IR, obviously weighs more than 30mgs. The rest is about 10x more nasty filler than the actual drug. Heroin is usually about 40-80% pure in my area and i would much rather have 40% pure as to 3% pure drug.

There's definitely insouble binders present in 90% of pills. I almost don't believe your involved in a medical field in your injecting pills without a micron filter.... I mean we all take risks but damn IMing pills with no micron?!? Lunacy. Also you can't just filter off the top. You'll still draw up some of the insouble material up that's mixed into the water or at the end...

I never thought of pills as being ?impure? but i guess they aren?t pure drugs since 80-90% of a pill is usually inactive filler.

I think people tend to think pills as 'pure' because we can quantify precisely how much is in each pill without worrying about bad product. But pills are cut to shit when you think about it versus street heroin or meth. I'm not saying the latter is safer, but I would rather take my chances IV'ing H than injecting pills. Except dilaudid

Allow me to clarify since some aren't getting it, not all pills are created equal & there's plenty I won't shoot. The ones that are A OK would be instant release dilaudid/morphine.

Furthermore, this has NOTHING to do with purity and EVERYTHING to do with STERILITY. Pharmaceutical grade pills are STERILE, something street drugs will NEVER be. So to the person who doesn't believe my health science background, you're a fool. Good shoot botulism infested black tar.

You didn't state you did. Also how are pills sterile? Nothing is sterile. Street drugs may be worse but very very few pills are okay to shoot. Even then I would liken it to a street drug with a decent water soulbe cut. End all be all, if you don't have pure powder, it's never okay to shoot. Period.

It?s a good discussion to have, but there isn?t much discussion. Info on injecting pills is a good example of harm reduction at work.

The bottom line is that pills, including IR hydromorphone and morphine can not be injected in any way approaching safely without a micron or wheel filter.

Whether or not it is safer to inject heroin or pills, that?s kinda beside the point. If someone is getting genuine and sterile pills from the pharmacy, is getting the ideal IR pill preparations, and is using the proper filtration, preparation, and injection technique (best case scenario), that isn?t any safer or more dangerous than highest quality ECP (again, assuming best case scenario, with little to no cut, also properly filtered etc). Only thing in that case that pills have going for them is that it?s easier to tell HOW MUCH of whatever active is present (vis a vis reading the pill bottle). BUT if someone is getting near pure dope it is easy enough to get a proper scale, making it moot again.

Okay, but for 99% of people the reality is that street dope is generally highly adulterated and shooting ANY pills without proper filtration is at least as dangerous. They are both horribly unhealthy habits. That isn?t because of whatever drug is being injected, it?s the binders, fillers, cut and illegal nature of the dope game.

If the solution is heated and everything in a pill dissolves, and only a cotton is used to filter, shooting pills IS more harmful than a lot of street dope, unless you get the worst dope around (but then again, given the nature of the game, this is bound to happen sooner or later if it isn?t normally common, so again one vs the other is beside the point once again, pun intended).

See for more info:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/481622-Micron-Filtering-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ

If anyone remembers where our thread documenting all the harmful ingridents in various pills, please pm me and I?ll add it here.

If anyone has anything useful to add, please do. Tell us about you?re experience shooting pills, that would be helpful. Or about the complications shooting bad street dope. I want to see some triggering stories about shooting up =D

Thx!

Edit: looks like there was a little confusion about this thread. I?ve reopened it, as this is a prime example of what harm reduction is about. If the conversation dips back into a discussion about what is better shooting dope or pills, it will get closed again very quickly.

Please only post hear sharing your experiences shooting pills or complications from injecting pills or dope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Street dope not for human consumption

Since my last thread was closed I will say this before this thread gets closed too and I face a possible ban:

Pills are safer because you can ACTUALLY EAT THEM. Whatever is in pills is made for human consumption, whatever street dope is cut with is NOT made for human consumption. Obviously both pills and heroin are bad for the circulatory system, but a filtered pill is the safer option as the thing as a whole is made for the human body (although I'd advise against the ones that gel, they can't be safe regardless of ROA). It's all about how well you filter; like paracetmol for CWE, the binder in pills are not water soluble and will sink to the bottom. Then, you DON'T apply heat and use a proper filter to get a nearly clear solution. I have NEVER had any sediment floating in my syringe and I use all sterile techniques (rubbing alcohol before an after etc.). Unlike junkies who will mix their dope with spit and use a sock to filter.... BLAHHHHH!

Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to the junkies I offended since my post was too "diary like". I am sorry I didn't give you your millionth "how do I properly CWE, bro?" or "why can't I get high off stims" and of course "best way 2 enjoy oxy?!".

Yes, the fillers and binders in the pills are ok for human consumption through the oral route. It is not OK for your veins and your heart. I'm pretty sure junkies can get cottons since they are given out for free in syringe exchanges.
It seems you are a bit clueless as to how junkies in the street actually shoot up.

Ban? That's not how it works. You seem pretty upset and defensive though, and I'm sorry if you feel you're being attacked.

how can ANYONE think street drugs like heroin & even worse, meth are safer to shoot than pills?

Our stance at Bluelight is generally to discourage IV/IM altogether. Talking about which is the better way to do something that by its nature is essentially anti-HR isn't really very enlightening and would give the casual impression it was somehow a viable approach. It would be safer to take your pills orally, rather than filter and inject, whereas the stuff 'junkies' are forced to buy tends not to come in conveniently dosed pill form in the first place.

Last edited:
Pills are made for oral consumption, doesn't mean they're safe for IV use, quite the contrary actually. You don't see any residue floating in your syringe? That doesn't mean anything, small particles will still get stuck in your lungs. You'd have to use a micron filter to remove all the binders (at least most of them), a cotton filter won't be enough for most pills.
Also most junkies don't mix their dope with spit...

Last edited:
That's the point you're ALL missing: I said their BOTH bad for the circulatory system but at least I can safely eat the pill, or prep it as best possible for injection without worry of whatever bacteria / toxins would come with the street dope, and I'll never have to worry about OD'ing on fentanyl or whatever shit they cut it with. I've read some scary stories of heroin being cut with stuff ppl couldn't identify and felt like their heart was going to burst. I'll take my pills and filter, thanks.

You guys are right I have no idea how you junkies shoot up as I'm not a junkie or into the junkie culture. I use medications such as morphine/dilaudid for pain, & prep an IM on the days I need an extra boost.

While I'm sure we all understand that people like to project in defence of their own unwise habits OP, as I already said it would be safer to NOT inject your pills and rather, if you feel your pain isn't adequately controlled with what you have, discuss that with your GP or pain management doctor.

Also, please don't use the forums to attempt to abuse or stigmatise other drug users. You would undoubtedly be considered a junkie by most non drug-users for injecting your pills

Last edited:
I have shot tons of pills throughout my IV career. Mainly dilaudid, opanas, roxicodone, And subutex and suboxone strips, morphine too. I also have shot heroic doses of diphenhydramine gel caps with these in order to increase my high. It has ruined my veins. Heroin hasn?t ever given me a single problem by itself; no collapsed veins, abcesses, sclerosis, etc. but when I started shooting pills my veins went to shit, got abcesses and almost had a foot amputated, and ultimately left me with no usable veins in all my limbs and extremities. In order to obtain a simple RBC count and ALT test, I have to be set up with essentially a central line to obtain the blood. All this happened within the course of only 4 years. The sub strips and unison caps were the hardest on the veins IMO. But if I had kept to just the H in my area I would almost guarantee you that my veins would still be usable. I?m only 25 by the way, and from 18-22 years old I managed to completely ruin my veins due to IV pill use.

Status
Not open for further replies.