• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

Random Thoughts

Staying sober is way easier than getting sober.
Relapses are rarely fun and always painful.
When you get to my age, the binges hurt a lot more and take longer to heal from.
Cap H -- My passions are walking in the woods, gardening, playing with my dog, reading, and cooking/eating good food. Sadly, I often prefer sleeping to any of these.
tired of crap -- Smoking pot? Like everything else, it depends. Is it adversely affecting your life? That, to me, is the main thing. Personally, it does me more good than harm.
I'm getting back on track, slowly but surely.
If you are still breathing there is still hope.

I wish you all the best.

Peace&Love,
jasper

I?m not giving it up. It?s medicinal for me and I don?t see it as a problem, even though I am dependent on it.

Yes, I have noticed my dependence increase.
When I was drinking I barely smoked and it made me anxious. Now I smoke all the time and first thing in the am or if I go too long in a stressful space I get anxious without it.
Go figure.

Thing is I relied on it heavily to help quit drinking. Now I am quite apprehensive to get off.
I mean its still helping but in other ways its hindering (I find I use it as an excuse to be lazy and oddly enough if i smoke too close to bed itll keep me awake).
And for these reasons Id like to cut back, at the least.

As by no means am I for the all or nothing approach. A reduction in harm is good enough for me haha
(And pot does just that). I was just curious as to what everyone else thought.

Hey guys, this is an update, I'm on page 2. My alcohol sobriety is still lasting. I haven't touched hard drugs, street drugs, etc... other than my daily methadone.
But I recently got a chance to add adderall to my medicament regimen and what a bad decision it was. It's been years since I touched crystal, so I didn't think anything of it.
But as soon as I got it, binge one night, then the next. I wasn't really taking a lot, but I just wanted to keep the buzz going. I've been around drugs long enough to know where this was headed.

So today I made a video and uploaded a video of me flushing the remaining 20 pills I had left. Everytime I would crash I would always say that was the last time, but I still had a bottle full of the stuff.
So I got an idea to end my problems for once and for all, and that was simply to just get rid of it. It happened today, so i'll catch you guys up on my success. I pray to God that it will be successful, well,
that is, next time i go to get my meds, that I just skip on the adderall. I know that sounds kind of easy, but if you have an addiction (which I can't say it has developed into one yet), it's the hardest thing to pass up your DOC being offered to you.

I wanted to be more productive, make music more and lose some lbs. and get out of bed more, but I guess those are problems that everyone faces, and they don't turn to pills to fix them. I just need more motivation.

27 days clean in April, just a few more to go till May! Feeling great and loving life sober(ish)!

Things have been looking up for me.

Hard to say but I feel good about things.

Capt H - You are an inspiration to so many and saved me from extinction. I hope you are feeling well and happy. Thanks to you and the the other BLr's I have a new lease on life. Thank you for all you do and know that we are here for you too.
DM

Getting tired of this total sober living, 8 months left...come oneeeee

Whew...just spent about 300 shekels in show tickets. Just saw Something Rotten on Thursday (musical that pokes fun at Shakespeare and musical theater in general) and am going to see Chelsea Handler in June, the B52s in August (HUGE fan - did a gig with Fred Schneider back in my musician days; I saw them in Dec. 2016 and for a bunch of geezers they still sound amazing), Lewis Black in October (on my birthday) and Jane Lynch in December. Did not know that Chelsea Handler decided to pursue standup when she had to tell her DUI class why she was there and had everyone cracking up. And Jane Lynch IMO stole the show in the movie Role Models. Sure beats being passed out at home.

Tore apart my house looking for my passport. Not traveling overseas anytime soon, but needed it for employment verification. Didn't find it, but I did find my social security card which did the trick. Another side benefit is that I got a lot of cleaning done in the process. I wouldn't be ashamed to have people over for the first time in a long time. And it's nice to be living in orderly surroundings.

No booze no opiates just prescription meds. My doctor also says I need god.

Really challenging 12 days. Started Suboxone 12 days ago w no fucking support.

The day of my sub appt, fire dope (of course) came around. So, I sat there, watching 3 people that couldn't walk or keep their eyes open. I have no idea how I managed not to get high that day. But I was pissed.

Especially at my house husband. I'm struggling. Only because my husband continues to use. I would be ok if not for that.

I'm trying to make a plan to leave for at least a month.

It sounds be like most of us are doing well! It's an inspiration to me. Love to everyone. ,,<3

^^"house" was inserted by autocorrect lol.

Can't edit w/o losing entire post on phone.

There was an AA meeting I went to that was chaired by someone who kept nodding off. I quit going to that meeting. The people there tend to be all high and mighty about clean time, yet they let someone chair who clearly has no clean time. Maybe it's because most of them are alcoholics and don't recognize opiate nodding. But I sure as hell saw it for what it was.

Lol at "house husband." But if he's sitting around doing nothing but getting high, it would fit! Seriously though, the likelihood of things working out for the better for you are slim if he doesn't change, or you don't change your own situation. Far be it from me to tell you what to do, though, just sharing my years of observations of watching people struggling with recovery.

The one NA meeting I went to was more like a source rally, there were 3 dealers there, and almost all the rest were trying to score from them. There were a couple who seemed serious about it all, but I couldn't be surrounded by that while trying to quit.

18 months clean today. I've experienced some major life events clean recently that really shook my world up. Been stuck in my head a lot, and not wanting to feel all the pain and fear that are coming to the surface. I know it'll get better, but in the meantime I'm feeling pretty disconnected and struggling to show up the right way.

hey grinders 18 months is a long time clean and sober! I sometimes go through that too, even after being sober almost 2 years. I feel isolated from everything, which is good I guess, meaning I am away from drugs. I still live at a 3/4 house, so not only I get random piss tested at the place I live I get piss tested @ work also. on the flip side, I piss test clients I work with, and catch them all the time in a lie, and have to discharge them. Id really hate to be in that position of carrying my bags down the street.

I try to keep healthy hobbies, and collect things. when I feel like my mind is going somewhere it shouldn't I think about the next piece of gear I want to collect on this video game play, and what I got to do in order to get it, and think about it really stops me from thinking about something...dark.

hey grinders 18 months is a long time clean and sober! I sometimes go through that too, even after being sober almost 2 years. I feel isolated from everything, which is good I guess, meaning I am away from drugs. I still live at a 3/4 house, so not only I get random piss tested at the place I live I get piss tested @ work also. on the flip side, I piss test clients I work with, and catch them all the time in a lie, and have to discharge them. Id really hate to be in that position of carrying my bags down the street.

I try to keep healthy hobbies, and collect things. when I feel like my mind is going somewhere it shouldn't I think about the next piece of gear I want to collect on this video game play, and what I got to do in order to get it, and think about it really stops me from thinking about something...dark.

Thanks D's. My weekend was totally exhausting so I'm trying to lay low and keep cool today. Investing in hobbies sounds like a solid plan. I think I'm gonna buy some audio gear to play around with my noise machines.

2 weeks pretty much sober since getting alcohol poisoning. I drank beer 2 or 3 times within that period but nothing crazy.