• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dresden's Chemical Fluff Thread (Name-A-Molecule)

What do you think of this? It's loosely based on picenadol.

N-(2-phenyl-1-methylethyl)-3-carbomethoxy-4-(1-oxopropyl)-4-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)piperidine.png

EDUARDO

1-I am quite aware of what it is/they are.

2-I see no relevance whatsoever of the fact you've clogged the forum with two pages of meaningless shitposting of no use to anybody, ever, to whether I do or do not know what phenethylamine is.

But face reality, you are shitposting endless torrents of garbage, if you aren't, then why don't you tell us all what value to other people this shitspeak holds? because I bet you cannot state a single thing anybody can learn from this fucking crap.

I like Dresden's posts, I dont mind them at all.
People have different focal points of their interests and the way they express it, mine is just all over the place so I dont think it's bunch of garbage, although I do understand your position as well, Limpet_Chicken.

I think the best solution is, Be And Let Be! :D

You have to admit though, that it IS completely and utterly useless to both man and beast, though, no?

Silly fun that means no harm in any way as I see it, definitely it is not as academically confusing as some say...8)

As for usefulness, it is a very relative to the viewer I think.
I TOTALLY get your mind set though, LC, a lot of times I have identical thoughts to yours, as I'm reading your posts. :)

Academically confusing? of course it isn't, because there is absolutely nothing whatsoever academic about it.

You may notice that the reason this thread exists in the 1st place is because I culled most of the "non-academic" posts from the "academic" random-molecules thread. Dresden clearly put some effort into all these doodles and it felt wrong to summarily erase it, so instead of having it distract from pharmacology discussion, the posts were given their own home in another thread.

And you'll also note that:
Dresden said:
Moved To-->Dresden's blog as of M(o)onday, 4/09/2018 AD.
As of this post there are 48 blog posts... rather industrious sort :) Clearly Dresden finds some utility in posting these, and it's not harming anyone at all. While most molecules here are clearly not bioactive and there is no deep pharmacology discussion, that's not necessarily the point for this particular thread. Sure, "discussion" of random structures by simple assignment of non-IUPAC aformulaic "nicknames" is trifling, but there are no other threads on BL like this with an ephasis on the beauty of random molecular structures irrespective of their pharmacological properties.

This thread exists for the benefit of those who choose to peruse it, it's sticky to "mop up" other discussions of the same ilk and gives this thread some visibility. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Nobody is forcing you. If you wanted to make it productive you could pretend these were total synthesis targets and doodle reaction schemes to make them, as an intellectual experiment.

Also, to anyone else reading, this thread is perfectly acceptable to be posted in by the "less experienced chemists" if you want to try your hand at doodling molecules. Everyone has to start somewhere, inventing names for silly molecules is a harmless enough practice of molecular structure drawing/definition. This thread isn't meant to be a graveyard, that's why it's sticky'd.

Last edited:
So then may I have permission to start back posting in this thread? I've recently been informed that I'm clogging up the blogs.

For example,

1-sulfhydrylethane.png

LIMPET CHICKEN

Which part of

3-(1-methyl-2-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-ethyl)-2,4,4a,7,7a-pentahydro-7-oxo-1H-4,12-methanobenzofuro[3,2-e]isoquinoline.png

CLETE CLARK

do you not understand?

Steadily counting those

N-hydroxy-1-phenyl-3-hydroxy-2-methylaminopropane.png

BENJAMINs

Ben Smokin, Ben Drinkin, Ben Jamin

N-hydroxy-1-phenyl-3-hydroxy-2-ethylaminopropane.png

BETHANY

N-hydroxy-1-phenyl-2-aminopropane.png

HANNAH palindrome HANNAH

N-hydroxy-1-phenyl-2-methylaminopropane.png

MONTANA

Calling you now, cuz it's worse than before. When I look to the sky, I see only a door. And it's black and it's altered and it's locked from inside. So I guess things have changed, you've something to hide. You've something TO HIDE.

I Will Lift My Hands Unto The Mountains, From Whence My Salvation Comes.--The Bible.

As long as you limit yourself to "not too many" posts per day and keep them in one thread, there's no reason you can't continue to post these little doodles.

Ethylthiol, like propylthiol, actually doesn't "stink" to my nose. Propylthiol actually smells like kimchee.

As long as you limit yourself to "not too many" posts per day and keep them in one thread, there's no reason you can't continue to post these little doodles.

Ethylthiol, like propylthiol, actually doesn't "stink" to my nose. Propylthiol actually smells like kimchee.
hm I have never used ethanthiol in the lab afair... just assumed it has that sulfur stank :D

I won't write my poem until I'm in my right mind. Aw, fuck it, here goes...

1-(2-bromo-3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane.png

BRAN THE BLESSED

1-(2-bromo-3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

DANA, his mother.

1-(1,3,5-tri-oxocyclohexane-2-yl)-2-ethylaminopropane.png

JULIE

Take my money, my cigarettes, but I haven't seen the worst of it yet.

When Men Are Made Impecunious, They Begin To Steal.
Byaitch, where my money at?
Ask that other hoe!
Ask that other hoe!

#feelingfittobehogtied

Haha no really :) It's amazing you got a sticky... and not getting whipped to keep up production to get one's money's worth but tone it down?

It must be my first time undermining staff and that's not personal but please let me bellow a fart in appreciation of this novel style of creative synthesis!

A request is due for sure! Can I get a play? Like, classical Greek, intrigue, not too much anal?
I wanna hear my heart pumping so give me some more ethanolamines... catechol ethanolamine squared?

I don't understand why you bother with blogs and threads like this, you probably could have written a novel by now with the plot being nothing but SAR...

Last edited: