View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is my San Pedro still usable?

Haym

Greenlighter
Hey guys long time lurker, first time poster.
About 1 and a half months ago I cut a 7 foot, 10kg limb of a San Pedro plant. Only problem being I haven't had time to do an extraction.
I realise it will have degraded and lost potency.
I an just wondering if there is any point proccessing it now, or will it have degraded/dried to the point it isn't worth doing?
Or is it possible that it will be ok by using a higher dose?
Cheers ☺

6 weeks is nothing for a San Pedro, it should be fine as long as it hasn't been out in the elements.

Cheers for your reply kaden I'm stoked to hear this ☺? I'm glad it won't go to waste !
Iv only had it a few times over the years and am extremely happy to have the chance to brew such a large batch. I will keep everyone updated on the prep, brewing and overall experience.
Anyone with more info, input or questions feel free to post ☺

Actually potency has been shown to increase when cuts are taken and stored in a cool dark place. This was documented online after several individuals took cuts conducted a basic a/b extraction and the results were sent to EC for GC-MS analysis.

You can search for the cactus analysis thread on the nexus. I would encourage people to take cutttings during winter and store them in a heavily shaded or dark shelf for at least 8 weeks.

A very sad update. All of the cactus collected was destroyed before it even had a chance to be processed?. A lost chance for further enlightenment, I will be looking into acquiring more in the near future, so will keep everyone posted