• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos chamomile causing rebound anxiety?

nepalnt21

Bluelighter
ive been extremely on edge lately.

i dont use stimulants of any type, and on the rare occasions i go for a benzo, the rebound anxiety is extreme (much worse than the anxiety pre-dosing). this started after i abused gabapentin pretty hard.

now, even if i have a sleepytime tea (chamomile, mint) i get rebound anxiety.

am i gonna die?!?!

ive been extremely on edge lately.

i dont use stimulants of any type, and on the rare occasions i go for a benzo, the rebound anxiety is extreme (much worse than the anxiety pre-dosing). this started after i abused gabapentin pretty hard.

now, even if i have a sleepytime tea (chamomile, mint) i get rebound anxiety.

am i gonna die?!?!

You are going to die someday but probably not right now. I've never gotten rebound anxiety from chamomile, I also am prescribed a hefty amount of gabapentin (800mg 4x a day). How much gabapentin were you abusing? Did it help your anxiety?

CFC has a pretty good idea with the meditation. It can be very helpful for anxiety. Even deep breathing exercises can slow your heart rate and relax your CNS. I was hooked up to a heart monitor in the ER the other day with a heartrate of 120bpm and was able to bring it down to around 104bpm just through slow deep breathing.

I don't even think chamomile has even been shown to do ANYTHING to the brain in studies. The conclusion was it was more likely just the hot water that makes you feel relaxed.

I feel like it has an effect but its possible that its a placebo. I don't know.. but I doubt if it does have an effect its enough to cause rebound anxiety. I would second giving kava a try for anxiety. There is almost no risk of addiction.

Well thank you OP--in looking up scare compounds that might show up in tea, I learned there is a real field of study called "herbomics" for herb/genetic interactions.

What they haven't started, but maybe I will, is herb/herb interactions. How do we know that chamomile and mint together don't have anxiogenic properties? Highly cultivar-dependent and only in a subset of the population? Some of the same sufferers of what I've described elsewhere as benzodiazepine-induced somato-hypovaletudism?

Based on anecdotal reports on this site, it is fatal for 90% of those afflicted, between 840 and 1080 months post-diagnosis, minus 12 * 2018 - year of birth.

It's true--all that tea has tannins that can chelate calcium and magnesium, preventing absorption and turning your bones to dust and your shit to soap.