• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Nostalgia S&G Video Game Nostalgia Thread

Battle Arena Toshinden 3
toshinden3-screen6.jpg

Had been thinking about this game a lot lately, then finally found a youtube video with the name of it. Upon visiting my brother recently I showed him a video and asked him, "Do you remember this game?"

He said he had been thinking about it a lot lately too. Far out.

reminded me of this game from back in the day, Primal Rage

784414-prrado003.jpg

Well I first played it in the laundromat on an arcade machine. I grew up on snes so I played it on there as well. But I think it ended up on sega and PlayStation too.

I thought the fart attack from Primal Rage was pretty funny. That and launching the little villagers on the ground. Never really could get any fancy attacks down myself.

AoE 1 & 2 were so fantastic. Probably my most played games of all time. Steam released an Age of Empires II HD edition that you can play online again. It's fantastic to be quite frank.

I still remember a couple cheat codes for one of the AoE games.

One was pepperoni pizza.

=D

Anyone play battle for middle earth 2 or StarCraft? I never got into them but they are similar to AoE.
Oh man, I played the shit out of all those games. BfME 1 & 2, all three AoE games and their expansions, especially 2, and also the original Starcraft and expansion. I love RTS games.

They have an 'HD' edition of AoE 2 released on steam with a shit ton of newer features and the preservation of the classic game's feel, while enabling online play again. It's a fuckin' blast.

Played the shit out of those two
GameCube totally underrated console