• Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Skateboarding

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Football is my favorite to watch.

Basketball is my favorite to play

WRC Rally and Snooker.
Am I really only one here liking these fine sports?

Let's add snooker and billiards to this list. Watching it is fair enough but post-spliff / alcohol, "planning" your moves becomes so much more fun.

So...faves aside here. On the actual phenomena and specifically of sports people or athletes somehow achieving and maintaining an exemplary or superhuman level of performance often over years or decades in particular sport is something I have followed with interest from a psychology angle.

Rafael Nadal & Roger Federer then Novak Djockovic too. Highlighted Tennis.

Ronnie O' Sullivan was a rare and special English Snooker talent.

So many....Usain Bolt.

Lewis Hamilton. I don't know US sports really (Micheal Jordan?)

Like not just regular good competition and entertainment but specific individuals who have elevated their performance consistently to the very top one individual on the planets and never below the top two or three for a decade type level of performance and what it takes to achieve and maintain this.

Has long interested me which brings me to my point here.

So Football. Lots of "greats".

Pele. Diego Marradonna. Others> recently Christiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi (not a fan personally).

Now- Mo Salah. Of Liverpool and Egypt. I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen another football player perform to quite such an unlimited level at least on occasions in terms of sheer ability and accomplishment.

It's very difficult to cool but we are talking about apparently superhuman levels of capability which are clearly dependent upon being as unlimited by one's own imagination as possible.

Neo lol! Check out Mo Salah though. It's impressive.

You can tell most people on this site are American football is the biggest sport in the world

So...faves aside here. On the actual phenomena and specifically of sports people or athletes somehow achieving and maintaining an exemplary or superhuman level of performance often over years or decades in particular sport is something I have followed with interest from a psychology angle.

Rafael Nadal & Roger Federer then Novak Djockovic too. Highlighted Tennis.

Ronnie O' Sullivan was a rare and special English Snooker talent.

So many....Usain Bolt.

Lewis Hamilton. I don't know US sports really (Micheal Jordan?)

Like not just regular good competition and entertainment but specific individuals who have elevated their performance consistently to the very top one individual on the planets and never below the top two or three for a decade type level of performance and what it takes to achieve and maintain this.

Has long interested me which brings me to my point here.

So Football. Lots of "greats".

Pele. Diego Marradonna. Others> recently Christiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi (not a fan personally).

Now- Mo Salah. Of Liverpool and Egypt. I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen another football player perform to quite such an unlimited level at least on occasions in terms of sheer ability and accomplishment.

It's very difficult to cool but we are talking about apparently superhuman levels of capability which are clearly dependent upon being as unlimited by one's own imagination as possible.

Neo lol! Check out Mo Salah though. It's impressive.
Ronaldhino is the best player

Ronaldhino is the best player
I am more impressed by Salah, only just of very late.

Ronaldhino was brilliant.

Brazil Ronaldo was class though. I reckon more complete. Dominant. Just wrecked by injuries.

When all is said and done I don't think we are really going to be talking about Gareth Bale here. Salah though, he may be about to dominate the world stage as indisputed number one for a while, if he avoids injury. He's only just come into his best suddenly.

He looks happy too. Messi should be a backgrpund face on GOT IMO lol.

Brazil Ronaldo was class though. I reckon more complete. Dominant. Just wrecked by injuries.

When all is said and done I don't think we are really going to be talking about Gareth Bale here. Salah though, he may be about to dominate the world stage as indisputed number one for a while, if he avoids injury. He's only just come into his best suddenly.

Yea Salah is a beast

I love tennis and cycling and will watch tons of hours each year.

I can watch so basketball, darts and football too, but I’m not as invested.

I like poker & chess too but only watch rarely, I do know both games well so it can be very fun.

I also like CS:GO, it’s an esport, for nerds of course, but computer games allow people to play imperfect information games with all sorts of dynamics that are impossible in real life sports. Like pace, depth, volume… These are impossible when hampered by real world physical constraints. The result is in an immensely deep, fast paced and exciting game that allows pure skill to shine in very cool ways.

That is one of my main complaints about football/soccer, individual skill isn’t that obvious and it’s hard for stars to carry and leave their imprints game after game, unless you’re talking Messi or something. There’s also a whole lot of variance because of the low scoring that I don’t like, compare this to basketball, and there’s much less variance and the true stars can do incredible things. While when I watch a soccer match it will often be a disappointing 90 minutes.

Yea Salah is a beast
If I was a financial advisor which is not my forte but I try or naturally double in a little bit of fortune-telling my prediction or expectation is that he will possibly continue to improve now to a level significantly above any other fit competing player in the world for at least a year maybe 2 to 5 depending on his fitness and competition and may possibly excel to levels of performance arguably unmatched or unbeaten.

But who knows I just see it being on the cards at the moment and the evidence is there to my eyes already It's a case of proving it through time now.

I like poker & chess too but only watch rarely, I do know both games well so it can be very fun.

I also like CS:GO, it’s an esport, for nerds of course, but computer games allow people to play imperfect information games with all sorts of dynamics that are impossible in real life sports. Like pace, depth, volume… These are impossible when hampered by real world physical constraints. The result is in an immensely deep, fast paced and exciting game that allows pure skill to shine in very cool ways.

That is one of my main complaints about football/soccer, individual skill isn’t that obvious and it’s hard for stars to carry and leave their imprints game after game, unless you’re talking Messi or something. There’s also a whole lot of variance because of the low scoring that I don’t like, compare this to basketball, and there’s much less variance and the true stars can do incredible things. While when I watch a soccer match it will often be a disappointing 90 minutes.
You clearly do
If I was a financial advisor which is not my forte but I try or naturally double in a little bit of fortune-telling my prediction or expectation is that he will possibly continue to improve now to a level significantly above any other fit competing player in the world for at least a year maybe 2 to 5 depending on his fitness and competition and may possibly excel to levels of performance arguably unmatched or unbeaten.

But who knows I just see it being on the cards at the moment and the evidence is there to my eyes already It's a case of proving it through time now.
He is the best player in the world at the moment in the form he is in only other player is Robert lemindoski

The problem with soccer it comes from England so it is in bedded with English psychology and tactics which is predominantly fear-based it's all about protect protect lockdown make sure that players leg breaks before he equalises!

Put three men on that fantastic player over there don't let him touch the ball well done and all the home supporters are applauding at the fantastic performance.

The game is what it is and came from where it came.

I look for the Silverlining is where I can and I see them here because we have the truly great phenomenal talents which is what makes the achievement so extraordinary because they do actually standout prove they are rank establish and hold order and make a firm mark on history.

Proving themselves time and time again Ronaldo an exemplary...example lol. Exactly like you say how challenging it is but rather than being submerging it's only submerging to those who simply aren't really the best, in all categories.

The whole thing would be so much better if it wasn't so focused on fear and more on expression that's why England are such a pitifully unsuccessful team in tournaments because that psychology is their Achilles heel and weakness vs the other nations who are much freer within themselves and the actual team camp and the psychology of team play.

England will live on television last night all I know is Harry Kane scored a hat-trick because I just caught attention of it but really the game didn't get my attention from start to finish I can't bear to watch England play football and the commentators it's always been like a horror movie where everything is wrong and it's terrible and everyone is unhappy and there's so many things that could possibly still go wrong and probably will and oh no they have and shit and who is to blame and what we need to do is go back to the academies and start teaching the kids this and and...

Sorry man I just object to this pathetic absence of context grim psychology applied to rich successful healthy happy and mostly extraordinarily thick sports people playing a game.

If it was just money then I probably wouldn't considerate but it's more control psychology.

Repression. Failiure. Pressure. Big expectation last chance now or never the Nation Awaits (to cry for 3 days when the much happier less oppressed Italians win a convincing semi-final.

I'll shut up now whoops! 🙂

He is the best player in the world at the moment in the form he is in only other player is Robert lemindoski
He has indeed proved himself as a genuine results man a true professional striker who doesn't miss very often with extremely impressive goalscoring statistics over time but he has been around for an era now and has been at his peak we've seen his best and he has maintained it hence his acclaim still.

However I just do not think that he is of the same class as Mo Salah or ability he's just a gifted goalscorer and hard workman. Mo Salah is exploring his creative ability and has probably been very experimental I imagine trying to unlock this to the fullest maybe I imagine it but I suddenly thought I could see the manifestation of him having been fully committed to this pursuit.

But then I would have been tripping one hell of a lot that day I recall but I still think it stands because everything I'm comparing it to was under the same conditions basically lol.

The problem with soccer it comes from England so it is in bedded with English psychology and tactics which is predominantly fear-based it's all about protect protect lockdown make sure that players leg breaks before he equalises!

Put three men on that fantastic player over there don't let him touch the ball well done and all the home supporters are applauding at the fantastic performance.

The game is what it is and came from where it came.

I look for the Silverlining is where I can and I see them here because we have the truly great phenomenal talents which is what makes the achievement so extraordinary because they do actually standout prove they are rank establish and hold order and make a firm mark on history.

Proving themselves time and time again Ronaldo an exemplary...example lol. Exactly like you say how challenging it is but rather than being submerging it's only submerging to those who simply aren't really the best, in all categories.

The whole thing would be so much better if it wasn't so focused on fear and more on expression that's why England are such a pitifully unsuccessful team in tournaments because that psychology is their Achilles heel and weakness vs the other nations who are much freer within themselves and the actual team camp and the psychology of team play.

England will live on television last night all I know is Harry Kane scored a hat-trick because I just caught attention of it but really the game didn't get my attention from start to finish I can't bear to watch England play football and the commentators it's always been like a horror movie where everything is wrong and it's terrible and everyone is unhappy and there's so many things that could possibly still go wrong and probably will and oh no they have and shit and who is to blame and what we need to do is go back to the academies and start teaching the kids this and and...

Sorry man I just object to this pathetic absence of context grim psychology applied to rich successful healthy happy and mostly extraordinarily thick sports people playing a game.

If it was just money then I probably wouldn't considerate but it's more control psychology.

Repression. Failiure. Pressure. Big expectation last chance now or never the Nation Awaits (to cry for 3 days when the much happier less oppressed Italians win a convincing semi-final.

I'll shut up now whoops! 🙂
What football does well is that since it’s so popular, it brings people together. Big tournaments like the champions league, euro cup and world cup are excellent for you and your mates to get together and have a great time. They have a certain atmosphere that makes it very exciting.

But the game itself has its problems, at least for what I look for in sports. I also don’t really understand football on a level that experts do which might make it more exciting.

I love sports, I love the tension, the individual brilliance, the storylines, the game dynamics that are always unique. For me tennis will always be king, but I respect any sport/game.

What football does well is that since it’s so popular, it brings people together. Big tournaments like the champions league, euro cup and world cup are excellent for you and your mates to get together and have a great time. They have a certain atmosphere that makes it very exciting.

But the game itself has its problems, at least for what I look for in sports. I also don’t really understand football on a level that experts do which might make it more exciting.

I love sports, I love the tension, the individual brilliance, the storylines, the game dynamics that are always unique. For me tennis will always be king, but I respect any sport/game.
The best sport there is full of self expression and creative intelligence

He has indeed proved himself as a genuine results man a true professional striker who doesn't miss very often with extremely impressive goalscoring statistics over time but he has been around for an era now and has been at his peak we've seen his best and he has maintained it hence his acclaim still.

However I just do not think that he is of the same class as Mo Salah or ability he's just a gifted goalscorer and hard workman. Mo Salah is exploring his creative ability and has probably been very experimental I imagine trying to unlock this to the fullest maybe I imagine it but I suddenly thought I could see the manifestation of him having been fully committed to this pursuit.

But then I would have been tripping one hell of a lot that day I recall but I still think it stands because everything I'm comparing it to was under the same conditions basically lol.
And of course don't forget about greatest striker of all time emile heskey

The same principle applies in tennis as well the English psychology and mindset the pressure of the nation the fear and negativity Tim Henman always held back by it look at Andy Murray he was one happy guy right throughout his career which is pretty much finished now by injury because of the pressure he put on himself Fairplay he did actually do extraordinarily well to reach the level he did and compete with the likes of Federer and Nadal and Djokovic and win Wimbledon and did you win the Olympics I think too?

But he was more painful to watch then the England soccer team who were already raising the bar for frowned browse and intensely worried fearful defeated expressions and body language.

Andy Murray took that to a new level. But he was really pinpointed with that national English fear based pressure.

Vs Nadal. Now if Rafael Nadal had been in Andy Murray's shoes I don't think there's any way he would have gotten anywhere near his level and maintained it.

Novak Djokovic now he did impress me because when he was on the scene about the same level as Andy Murray for a few years and he had these little tantrum problems I understand why now because he knew how good he was capable of being I was frustrated at failing to get there.

He shot up from being not good enough to compete with the top five even and below Andy Murray to the dominating force practically above Federer and Nadal.

Allegedly after he basically adopted a gluten-free diet.

But then again just picture Novak Djokovic from his rise to the top versus Andy Murray and infinitely happier man because he does not walk around under a cloud of fear and pressure channels to him by his proud nation.

It's a spell of old English culture very dark secretly and it doesn't just reach England because English reach the world.

I wasn't actually trying to make that dark because are used to watch tennis a lot in each sport I'm interested in the performance levels the dynamics of the competition and rivalry and the psychology which makes the great the greatest and those who fall short like Andy Murray or Gareth Bale never good enough.