GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
deAdKxX.jpg

I for one couldn't wait any longer to move on from last season. Here's a link to last years thread for reference: The 2017/2018 NFL Thread.

As I'm sure all of you know, the regular season opponents for all 32 teams have been announced. This is the NFL scheduling formula, taken from CBS Sports:

cbssports.com said:
  • Home and away against its three division opponents (six games).
  • The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (four games).
  • The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (four games).
  • Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (two games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions that the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.
  • Beginning in 2010, a change was made to how teams are paired in the schedule rotation to ensure that teams playing the AFC and NFC West divisions would not be required to make two West Coast trips (e.g., at Los Angeles and at Oakland), while other teams in their division had none (e.g., at Denver and at Kansas City).

AFC

3O6P92t.jpg

Ei75QaJ.jpg

ese8xby.jpg

kYhVTSl.jpg

NFC

hvvR3Xo.jpg

HyFlLHS.jpg

vhHaGAS.jpg

55ZAR9b.jpg

So, how does everyone feel about your team's chances this year? What problems do you hope are addressed in the upcoming NFL Draft?

Last edited:
Important Dates

Here are are some key dates leading up to the start of the regular season on September 6.

March 6:
Franchise tag deadline day

April 26:
NFL Draft - Arlington, TX

July 16:
Franchise tag negotiation deadline

Mid-July:
Training camp begins

August 2:
Hall of Fame Game

September 1:
Final cut day

September 6, 2018:
Season Opener featuring the Philadelphia Eagles

Breaking: Richard Sherman has signed a 3 year deal with the San Francisco 49ers worth $39 million. Sherman was released from the Seahawks just one day ago.

Well...the NFC West just got a lot more interesting. :D

Richard Sherman to 49ers
Sammy Watkins to Chiefs
Case Keenum to Broncos
Kirk Cousins to Vikings
Drew Brees signs a two year extension with the Saints.

lots of news today. also allen robinson likely to the bears.

sherman's banged up but the 49ers will benefit massively from his division knowledge. it'll be really interesting to watch the 49ers this year.

in related news, all or nothing is back on april 27th. it's the cowboys which doesn't get me super excited but i'll watch it anyway.

alasdair

hoping falcons get a WR in free agency and not the draft. Dan Quinn is so good at drafting defensively I almost wanna see an all defense draft lol

ive had it with sanu and his drops.

paul richardson is a redskin.
john brown is a raven.
jonathon stewart is a giant.
dion lewis is a titan.
malcolm butler is a titan.

looks like doug martin and jordy nelson will be raiders!

is there anybody here who hasn't had doug martin on their fantasy team at some point and been disappointed? :)

alasdair

Dolphins traded Landry and cut Suh.

Because the surest path to the Superbowl is to purge your roster of your best players every couple of years in order to remain in a perpetual state of rebuilding. We all know starpower provides more distraction than the production is worth.

paul richardson is a redskin.
john brown is a raven.
jonathon stewart is a giant.
dion lewis is a titan.
malcolm butler is a titan.

looks like doug martin and jordy nelson will be raiders!

is there anybody here who hasn't had doug martin on their fantasy team at some point and been disappointed? :)

alasdair

I actually had him the year he wasn't dissapointing, and then the next when he was...

Packers are going to look quite different this year. Very Happy to see Crapers sent packing. Sorry to see Ted Thomson taking a back seat, but I bet he needed that.

injury prone Jordy is dawning silver and black.. but for 15 mil 13 guaranteed. Good move for him and I hope he does well.

It will be Ted takin a back seat freaks me out a bit. So many people in this area bitch up a storm about him.. just because we have not closed another SB.. well shit with finally failing to make the playoffs this past year after a run that has only been equaled or beat by NE and the cowboys back in the day I say what in the fuck are these people bitching about.. small market team too.. ?

Fans will find anything to bitch about.

Personally? I like bitching about fans.

A fan of it, some might say.

Panthers fans suck.

Right.. Sometimes you just have to shake your head to cumulative fans geniuses. Not going to due any good to ask them what they expected five years down the road as they will just be bitching at someone new.

What's everyone thinking going into the draft? Looks like Sam Darnold will go first.

Carolina needs a replacement for Andrew Norwell on the o line. Was hoping for another receiver, but that can't happen now.

Anyone heard about this new Alliance of American Football?

The teams and cities are expected to be announced this month.

Hall of Famer and former NCAA coach Steve Spurrier, who won a national championship at the University of Florida, just became the first announced head coach. He will coach a team based in Orlando. (Maybe they will work out something with Orlando City FC to use their stadium?)

The AAF has a major deal with CBS Sports. CBS will air Super Bowl LIII in February and the first ever AAF broadcast will be seen the very next weekend. I would imagine CBS will have a massive marketing campaign all throughout the 2018-2019 NFL season.

Not the easiest schedule for the pack.. better than last year.. get to role with you ali.. thinking two weeks avi, but that's a ways away.

When I used to live in Seattle I'd drive by the Seahawks stadium each day headed to work, so since then I've been rooting for the Seahawks.
Since Alabama doesn't have a pro football team, I have been thinking about who I'd like to see do good.

When I used to live in Seattle I'd drive by the Seahawks stadium each day headed to work, so since then I've been rooting for the Seahawks.
Since Alabama doesn't have a pro football team, I have been thinking about who I'd like to see do good.

Cam won a championship at Auburn...just saying!

2018-Carolina-Panthers-Schedule.png

Not too shabby...we can work with that .

Apparently Ali's pats didn't want us again this year. You know, after what happened last season :).

Status
Not open for further replies.