• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Every year when Summer starts I feel is the start of the season. Too early I know, but we have had Hall Of Fame games at the end of July (when they weren't too lazy to hold the game :) )

What do you guys think about the whole TO/HoF situation? Finely decided to induct him, then he announces he won't be at the ceremony (as a diss to them). He's gonna give a speech at UT Chattanooga where he played in college instead. But now the HoF is saying they won't devote time to him during the ceremony if he's not going to be there.

I think TO ruined a pretty good opportunity to come out on top of this whole thing. He should have just put it behind him once he got accepted. Yeah, he should have been first ballot, but he's not the only one who has gotten snubbed or had to wait too long to get in. If he'd just show up and give his speech, they'd be the ones who'd look bad.

no surprise.

he's always been a self-centered dick. his sense of entitlement is ridiculous.

alasdair

636658625913213126-arodshark.PNG

Aaron Rodgers said he blacked out while swimming with sharks this summer

Anyone use Game Pass? Every out of market preseason game live, all regular season afternoon games available at 8pm eastern that night. TNF, SNF, MNF, all available immediately after the broadcast. As well as game archives from past seasons, condensed games, coaches film, etc. $99.99 for the entire season, as opposed to over $300 for Sunday Ticket. Yeah, Sunday Ticket is awesome, but unless you have a pile of cash lying around...

Last edited:
I do.. loved it.. cheap and gives access after the games to all of them commercial free (funny how fast it goes). got into it out west when I was working Sundays. Also you can listen to local team radio live real time. High quality low or no glitches was my exspieriece. You can also listen to the local anouncers while watching the game replay.. which a bunch of us used to set up the local radio TV combo.. they already have that option set up.

Nice, I'm thinking about doing it since I moved and won't be able to see most Panthers games. No interest in watching colts/bengals every single week 8)

I've never paid very much attention to the guy. If you actually go through all that, he just picks the favorite 90% of the time.

Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Falcons, Jags, Packers, Chargers, Rams winning their divisions. Wow, hot takes there.

His Super Bowl prediction is not terrible, but it's legend vs underdog on the rise with the legend winning. Yawn.

So, here's an interesting thought:

How would you guys feel if the NFL were to schedule division matchups around neutral weather, particularly in divisions where teams exist in vastly different climates from one another?

The AFC East would be a perfect candidate for this. Miami plays in a sub-tropical environment that is blisteringly hot and humid from September-much of October, offering Miami a significant homefield advantage when games against division foes from colder environments are played during the early portion of the season. New England, Buffalo, and New York, meanwhile, see their advantage towards the later portion of the season, where teams like Miami are not acclimated to the cold and snow. While I haven't taken the time to examine any specific data, it is well known that these weather advantages are not insignificant in determining the outcome of a game.

During the early part of the season, the north sees temperate weather, while during the later part, Miami sees temperate weather. Would you be OK with the NFL scheduling committee arranging division matchups, and only division matchups, around ensuring the fairest possible weather for both teams? So, Miami would play @NE or @Buffalo only in the early-mid sections of the season, while New England and Buffalo would only play @Miami during the mid-later half.

I'm not sure whether or not I would want something like this to exist myself, but I figured it was an interesting enough question to pose to others, as on its surface it doesn't seem like a terrible idea. Whenever I see that Miami plays @Buffalo in week 17, it's like goddamnit. Conversely, I'm sure Buffalo fans say the same thing while @Miami in week 1. It means the visiting team has to be significantly better than the homefield opponent in order to garner a victory.

The contention isn't that inclement weather is unfair, but rather that crucial division matchups shouldn't be dictated by it.

It's completely hypothetical and unimportant, but I found the idea interesting enough to warrant thought.

Last edited:
No I think one game should be played in Miami when it's hotter then hell then one in foxbourough when it's colder then Pluto.

Status
Not open for further replies.