• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Fallout 4

Trajal

Bluelighter
Well, new thread here, just thought I'd drop it as a place marker for now really. I play Fallout 4, a lot. Like a very lot. If anyone else plays and wants to chat about it or advice or whatever, just leave a message here :)

I bought the collectors edition. Have yet to finish it entirely but I played it quite a bit. I was kinda let down by the game as whole tho when compared to the reveal hype :( lol.

Hmm, you think? I was miffed at the bugs but unsurprised given it is Bethesda. I've played hundreds of hours on it and still discovering random new things. My current playthrough I'm farming legendary plasma weapons for all my settlers, it's lots of fun now when I go help them with an attack.

I played abunch of Fallout 3 when it was a big deal back in the day, didn't really play it for fun. I printed out a walkthrough and just did everything the walkthrough told me to do.

I might look into purchasing Fallout 4 now that you mention it.

If you like Fallout I suggest you read a book titled 'Wool', the entire book had me think of the videogame Fallout. =)

I played abunch of Fallout 3 when it was a big deal back in the day, didn't really play it for fun. I printed out a walkthrough and just did everything the walkthrough told me to do.

I might look into purchasing Fallout 4 now that you mention it.

If you like Fallout I suggest you read a book titled 'Wool', the entire book had me think of the videogame Fallout. =)

nice, thanks I'll check it out, am always in need of new reading material.

Fallout 4 game of the year edition is being sold everywhere now for not much cash, well worth the investment. Some of it can be a bit confusing at the start, no skills like in fallout 3, just level based perks, not to mention setting up settlements for people to live in, but it's a great game.

And, yknow, power armour! Woo.

I am a huge fan of anything to do with post-apocalyptic, and its not just limited to games. movies, books hell even been checking out the freeze dried food deals they have on ebay right now. I am looking it up on Steam and checking to see if I am able to afford it. So you recommend the game of the year edition rather then the 'just the game' version? If it's under $40 I might be able to afford it!

Plus I got these new badass razor manOwar head set and I've been itching for a new game to play!

Trajal do you play on PC?

I've been a fan of fallout for years, 4 is pretty good, alot to do and kill time with.

I really hated 4 and couldn't get past 3-4 hours of it. It felt like a watered down, shell of a game compared to what Fallout has always been. It's like an FPS with RPG elements now instead of an RPG with FPS elements.

I am a huge fan of anything to do with post-apocalyptic, and its not just limited to games. movies, books hell even been checking out the freeze dried food deals they have on ebay right now. I am looking it up on Steam and checking to see if I am able to afford it. So you recommend the game of the year edition rather then the 'just the game' version? If it's under $40 I might be able to afford it!

Plus I got these new badass razor manOwar head set and I've been itching for a new game to play!

Trajal do you play on PC?

Got it on PC but spend most of my time one Xbox one TBH. I'm always too tempted to use console commands in Bethesda games on PC haha so I prefer using the consoles to avoid ruining the game for myself.

I really hated 4 and couldn't get past 3-4 hours of it. It felt like a watered down, shell of a game compared to what Fallout has always been. It's like an FPS with RPG elements now instead of an RPG with FPS elements.

It seems like that at first, I'm a huge fan of NV so I know exactly what you mean, but if you stick with it you'd discover it's not like that at all. Just takes a while to get to understand the subtleties if you're used to the older fallout titles.

So I just bought the game via steam, and havn't even been 10minutes in the game before I got radiation poisoning. I guess I should have known better then to go swimming in a river then crossing the wooden bridge.. I seriously doubted that rinky dink bridge would still be up after 200 years so I really thought swimming was the only option, later I go look at the bridge and discover the bridge had only a few pieces of wood missing. lol

All in all I really enjoy this game so far, I really liked fallout 3 when I had it back awhile, and I am sure I will like this fallout 4 later on when I get used to the environment.

Heh! Radiation isn't a disaster later but early levels it can be annoying when you're low on cash. A doctor is able to remove radiation sickness for you for about 40 caps, but you'll need to get to settlements containing a doctor of course, which requires a bit of exploring.

what kind of character are you going for?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol my bad

So far I just beat the dude Jared in the plant, and got the minute man guy as a companion. To be honest I have no clue really, I guess kind of an all-arounder. Unless you have a good build that will be useful later on in the game. Still really noob, I already lost my body armor suit in a basement. :\

Hmmm havn't found a doctor yet, Am waiting until I can build my own settlement and stuff, I hear u can get really cool places.

I always try to go for something different but always end up with a sniper rifle by midway. Went through my whole first play through with the double barrel, and then did one with a baseball bat. Doctor comes a little later d's, settlements can indeed get wild.

Btw you can start building in sanctuary now.

Yeah, I basically ignore the stupid mr handy, scrap everything in sanctuary and build it up quite a bit before I'd even think about bothering with the minutemen (who personally I find extremely irritating). But, it's your first playthrough... I wouldn't overthink it really. If you want an easy build to start out with, go for a stealth sniper. So, rifleman, ninja and sneak should be priorities IMO.

ive got lots of supercool tricks but much better that you go through the game unspoiled the first time, it just makes the next playthrough so much better.

and remember, "Follow the freedom trail."

If you are not familiar with the Fallout franchise save yourself the heartache and disappointment of this game and buy Fallout New Vegas

If you are not familiar with the Fallout franchise save yourself the heartache and disappointment of this game and buy Fallout New Vegas

Or start with 3 and then enjoy New Vegas even more when you begin it and find out the story and writing are fantastic!

Hmm, I dunno guys. I've put over 500 hours into 4 now in total, mostly worldbuilding stuff I'd imagine as I tend to ignore settlements until I've got fusion reactors and then make every settlement a kind of utopia, everyone has their own apartment etc, hehe. It is what you make it, but f4 is a great game even without all the settlement stuff. If you're expecting the exact same thing as previous games, of course you're going to be disappointed, but with all the DLC and extra storylines and whatnot, I'd say fallout4 is easily on the same level, and then adding in the creative stuff it surpasses them.

But... you do have to put in some time before it properly clicks. Some of the stuff is quite thought provoking actually, especially with dima.

Im stuck on the minute man quest. Where u go and capture the castle back. I cant seem to find a safe way to travel there. Any ideas?